Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for the late bailout, but I'm going to have to cancel.

Thanks for the opportunity though! Y'all have fun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike, just wanted to note in the thread that I'm having to punch out of this one. We are having my son's 7th birthday party on the 12th. Sorry!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mike, just wanted to note in the thread that I'm having to punch out of this one. We are having my son's 7th birthday party on the 12th. Sorry!
View Quote

Fail!   There can be no better place for a birthday party then at a gun range!  

Besides... we want some cake for dessert!!  

j/k  enjoy your son.  He will grow up too fast.  The guns will always be there, as will the range.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry for the late bailout, but I'm going to have to cancel.

Thanks for the opportunity though! Y'all have fun.
View Quote

Sorry you can't make it.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Still in.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#6]
150 targets just printed off. Should be enough for each person to have 6 tries
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I will email directions tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't wait to embarrass myself, I'm looking forward to meeting more of the HTF and hopefully learning a thing or two about precision shooting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I do believe I have emailed everyone directions.

Subject: MOA

The bridge is out just south of my place.  I am now on a dead end street.  If you haven't been out there this year,  you should look over the directions.  

If I missed you, let me know!
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Looking at the weather and hoping for blue skies, but is there a plan for rain just in case? I still plan to bring the 10' x 20' shelter if needed......Just let me know....
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm bringing a 10x10also.

Bring the 20'er, I don't like the rain
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
What time are y'all planning on getting there? I can't wait for Saturday to get here. And I'll need to borrow a chamber flag.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Change of plans for big_tex78. His +1 is a no-go so if it is all right with ya'll I am in and will be taking the +1's place.  SPR division for me.

ETA:  dammit I can't make it either - sorry for the confusion.  I was looking forward to meeting you all - another time!

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looking at the weather and hoping for blue skies, but is there a plan for rain just in case? I still plan to bring the 10' x 20' shelter if needed......Just let me know....
View Quote

There is some room under the pole barn to stand around and stay dry.  There is a covered shooting bench that you can sit at, or crawl under and prone out (won't be fun doing that!)  We will put up tents at the shooting lines, and something over the targets.  I have tarps we can put on the ground to minimize soaking.  I was shooting in the rain the other day.  I'm a bad shot in the rain.    Try to shoot during a lull in the rain.  Where's Eric?  He can tell us what a lull is.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 10x10 to bring.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I need directions. I'll IM my email to you. I am bringing my 10x10 canopy and the EU1000 to run fan,lights,or whatever. Looking forward to it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There is some room under the pole barn to stand around and stay dry.  There is a covered shooting bench that you can sit at, or crawl under and prone out (won't be fun doing that!)  We will put up tents at the shooting lines, and something over the targets.  I have tarps we can put on the ground to minimize soaking.  I was shooting in the rain the other day.  I'm a bad shot in the rain.    Try to shoot during a lull in the rain.  Where's Eric?  He can tell us what a lull is.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.....I got dibs on "It was raining too hard to see the target, my scope fogged up, the windblown spray got in my eyes and I didn't seal my primers and the powder got wet" excuses.....I may need them all...

....Now where's that MOA call out thread......

Seriously, I would show up in a thunderstorm and never pull a trigger to get a chance to actually meet you guys that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

.....I got dibs on "It was raining too hard to see the target, my scope fogged up, the windblown spray got in my eyes and I didn't seal my primers and the powder got wet" excuses.....I may need them all...

Seriously, I would show up in a thunderstorm and never pull a trigger to get a chance to actually meet you guys that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally enjoy hanging out with likeminded folks almost as much as I like shooting. My excuse is either I suck or my gun sucks. Brutal honesty is one of my finer points; be it for better or worse

ETA: This will be my first time shooting since I got my eyes lazered. I'm excited to see what difference it makes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll be out there after work, prolly 7:30-8:00ish.

I may, or may not shoot, but sho' 'nuff save me a spot around the campfire. I guarantee I'm good for that!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll bring a 10x10 canopy.  Just in for the day.  I'll be there early Saturday morning and will leave after dinner some time.  Wife unit is going to the the Yellow Daisy Fest at Stone Mtn on Sunday and I am spending the day with my boy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll bring a 10x10 canopy.  Just in for the day.  I'll be there early Saturday morning and will leave after dinner some time.  Wife unit is going to the the Yellow Daisy Fest at Stone Mtn on Sunday and I am spending the day with my boy.
View Quote

I may borrow some of your shade.  Just staying for the day as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody in the Douglasville-Newnan-Fayetteville area want to ride together to the MOA shoot? Broke college kid
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of room.  Not like I'll have a table full of guns for this one.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm another one just looking to come down about a half day.  I'll try to get there early and probably head home in the early afternoon.

I hope the rain has pushed out by then but we'll have fun regardless.  Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Closed the shop early today to drive to Thomson to get some Eley "Team" .22 LR ammo. I've got a Ruger 77/22 that seems pretty accurate and I'm hoping it likes the Eley stuff. It'll be interesting to see if they play well together!!!

Looks like I might be shooting after all, assuming y'all don't mind letting a guy show up late, and shoot at dusk.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Updated weather is looking better. Says it will be a " few" scattered showers and a high of 78!
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Updated weather is looking better. Says it will be a " few" scattered showers and a high of 78!
View Quote

Was just looking at that.  My plan is to get there early and get my shooting done well before lunch.  If I get soaked while doing so, I'll just change clothes.  I'm shooting regardless.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Good luck to you all shooting tomorrow. Hope to meet some of you at the fall shoot at Emu's range.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#29]
On call duty.  Can't get anyone to cover it.  :(
Enjoy, guys.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I had a great time. Put me on the list for next year.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I had a great time. Put me on the list for next year.
View Quote

i would like to try for next year if there is another, i finally got my blood sugar in check and can actually start seeing much better . i heard you won a trigger, the Larue triggers are supposed to be very nice, good shooting ol buddy
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey guys,

Thank you for a great day.  Even though I was the only female for most of the day all of you made me feel welcome.  No one even snickered at my shooting skills or the lack of skills.  I can only get better from this point and at least all 25 shots were on the target.  Draconis tells me I may not have MOA skills yet,  but I do have MOB (moment of bad guy) skills.  I do hope that maybe there will be more women in the future, because they have no idea how much fun they missed.  

Thanks again and I look forward to the end of September,
Meme
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for a GREAT time yesterday GAhunter!!!! I'll try to make it earlier next time, and by dingies, I'll have a REAL scope on that gun and be able to lay down 5 MOA's instead of just one!!!

Those of y'all that didn't make it out missed another super GAHTF shoot!!!

Hope to see lots and lots of folks at the fall shoot on 9/26 in two weeks!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top