Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 6:29:05 AM EDT
106.1 and 107.1. Seems to be a mix from the 90's and up. Somewhere outta Athens and Rome.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I am still waiting for a rock station.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
They replaced a some-what decent alternative station at 107.1 - That station moved to 107.3, that I cannot pick up north of ATL.

Modern country music sucks
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You're welcome
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're welcome
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome

I'll give it a try!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of rock?  Classic rock 104.9 isn't too bad, about like 97.1 used to be but better than 106.5 these days. Walton & Johnson so is a good listen in the mornings as well. 105.7 seems to be alright sometimes, if I can pick it up in the NW that is.

Damn iPhone
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What kind of rock?  Classic rock 104.9 isn't too bad, about like 97.1 used to be but better than 106.5 these days. Walton & Johnson so is a good listen in the mornings as well. 105.7 seems to be alright sometimes, if I can pick it up in the NW that is.

Damn iPhone
View Quote

What happened to 96 rock?

If it's like most others, they got stuck playing AC/DC, Rush, and Billy Squire over and over.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If it's like most others, they got stuck playing AC/DC, Rush, and Billy Squire over and over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn iPhone

The same thing that happened to all the good stations in atlanta. They all went corporate, changed the format, and closed up shop. Talk radio 640am WGST went to a Mexican sports format. Dumped rush and Glenn beck. It did t last long. Now they're back to talk.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
100.5 is not the best but t it's not bad.  It certainly beats "Elton John Radio" on 97
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Satellite radio for the win! Plenty of rock stations to choose from.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Satellite radio for the win! Plenty of rock stations to choose from.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Yep, thank God for an unlimited data plan and pandora or I heart radio.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not new. 106.1 WNGC is taking over 107.1 for an additional broadcast area, and they're now going by "Your Georgia Country". The big change is that they ditched Moby in the Morning.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn iPhone

As a clue to my age, I still miss the Friday Five O'clock Whistle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn iPhone

I still have a 96 rock tag that sits upside down in the garage.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn iPhone

"96 rock" now plays rap,pop, r&b type stuff. If you like justin timberlake, lady gaga, and anything they're playing in DC this week...tune in you'll friggin love it.

I have a tag somewhere, black with a white 96 and rock in red if I remember right.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]

For those of you too young to remember, or those who moved to Atlanta less than 20 years ago, or those old farts out there who want a blast from the past!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opCkrzPzTDM

For those of you too young to remember, or those who moved to Atlanta less than 20 years ago, or those old farts out there who want a blast from the past!
View Quote

That's pretty cool, but I had done up and left to join the AF by '86, so I didn't get a lot of that show.

Let's see who can out-geeze me on this one:

I have this album, but nothing to play it on anymore.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's pretty cool, but I had done up and left to join the AF by '86, so I didn't get a lot of that show.

http://www.picture-disc.co.uk/WebRoot/BT3/Shops/BT2680/4991/C294/6318/182B/3551/0A0A/33D4/5C11/lp_0020_-_0020_various_0020_artists_0020_-_0020_hot_0020_lanta_0020_home_0020_cooking.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opCkrzPzTDM

http://www.picture-disc.co.uk/WebRoot/BT3/Shops/BT2680/4991/C294/6318/182B/3551/0A0A/33D4/5C11/lp_0020_-_0020_various_0020_artists_0020_-_0020_hot_0020_lanta_0020_home_0020_cooking.jpg

That's a Golden Oldie fer shur!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I miss 96 Rock. If anybody has a tag they want to get rid of, let me know. I had one years ago and forgot to take it off a truck I traded in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Another option if you have amazon prime is they have a streaming music service now also. Its pretty slick and included in your prime membership.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

106.3 out of Macon and 102.9 in Columbus
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#21]
The new country station is actually three low wattage translators, Athens, Rome, and one other I can't remember.  They spin it as new and slightly older country, but it's dead in line with Kicks and the Bull (almost all new).  Signal will be intermittent depending on where you are..  They flipped from rock due to Radio 105.7 which is alt rock (99xish with some modern alt rock thrown in).  

Outside of "building your own station," on iheartradio, there are  tons of classic rock stations you can listen to live stream.  If you're an old old country, and/or bluegrass fan like me (or any non-commercial radio music for that matter), the "build your station" algorithm is a lot better on iheartradio than Pandora, meaning that it's not pushing a totally irrelevant non-related, potentially new song on you every once in a while.  It stays pretty tight in the lane you asked.  

96 has been gone for a number of years now, going the way of 99x.  You can still listen to Rush on WSB I think, whereas GST handed the rights over.  You nailed the ESPN deportez thing on GST hough.... Yeah... That lasted a year, and I'm still confused at that whole deal..  And you can listen to Rush, Hannity etc on demand on iheartradio

SOURCE:  Me.  The most non-commercial radio guy ever, who works for one of the biggest commercial radio companies ever...

P.S. Not intended as a shameless plug, just talkin biz.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The new country station is actually three low wattage translators, Athens, Rome, and one other I can't remember.  They spin it as new and slightly older country, but it's dead in line with Kicks and the Bull (almost all new).  Signal will be intermittent depending on where you are..  They flipped from rock due to Radio 105.7 which is alt rock (99xish with some modern alt rock thrown in).  

Outside of "building your own station," on iheartradio, there are  tons of classic rock stations you can listen to live stream.  If you're an old old country, and/or bluegrass fan like me (or any non-commercial radio music for that matter), the "build your station" algorithm is a lot better on iheartradio than Pandora, meaning that it's not pushing a totally irrelevant non-related, potentially new song on you every once in a while.  It stays pretty tight in the lane you asked.  

96 has been gone for a number of years now, going the way of 99x.  You can still listen to Rush on WSB I think, whereas GST handed the rights over.  You nailed the ESPN deportez thing on GST hough.... Yeah... That lasted a year, and I'm still confused at that whole deal..  And you can listen to Rush, Hannity etc on demand on iheartradio

SOURCE:  Me.  The most non-commercial radio guy ever, who works for one of the biggest commercial radio companies ever...

P.S. Not intended as a shameless plug, just talkin biz.

View Quote
Do you do a radio show?  If so, would you IM me the info. Always interested in listening to local guys.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Another option if you have amazon prime is they have a streaming music service now also. Its pretty slick and included in your prime membership.
View Quote

This is what I've been using when at work or by the pool. I have over 2500 songs DL'd for free haven't paid for one yet. It's great quality sound, I play it over my Bluetooth speaker and haven't used pandora or anything since it launched. You DL playlists, albums, individual songs, or build your own playlists within the app.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top