Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2015 7:51:53 PM EDT
As you can see, I go by the screen name of 'Draconis' and have lived my whole life in Georgia, currently in West Central Georgia.  Married, three adult kids, two 'adopted' kids (niece/nephew and loooooong story), no military experience (another loooooong story), two young'uns currently serving (both Army), work in commercial construction, past the mid-point in years but I'm not complaining, fairly new to ARs but grew up with firearms.......

I've lurked around the site for some time now, picking up great information from you people with much more experience than me and can honestly say that this seems to be a bunch of good, although decidedly different, folks.....and I look forward to shooting the breeze, and maybe some paper, with you good folks.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi there. Not too far out from where I'm at.  Enjoy the madness. If you do the FB thing, we also have a private group there
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What part of West Ga? Lagrange here.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi there. Not too far out from where I'm at.  Enjoy the madness. If you do the FB thing, we also have a private group there
View Quote

What is the FB page?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Mr. pantz and myself run the GA HTF FB page. PM either one of us for more info.

ETA : FB means Facebook page.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Not quite that far West.....We're in Thomaston...
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you don't mind me asking, in what part of Jaw-Ja are you?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're 30 mins from me. I'm in Monroe Co on HWY 74.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're 30 mins from me. I'm in Monroe Co on HWY 74 m
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're 30 mins from me. I'm in Monroe Co on HWY 74 m

Been that way many, many times over the past 20 plus years....Most of my jobs are in or around Macon so if I'm on the West side I run 74......That stretch of Hwy 74 is getting to be big time, not one but TWO roundabouts instead of four-way stops......LOL...

Seriously, that's some nice countryside out thataway...
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
When our moderator asks if he if he is doing a good job, just humor him and tell him he is doing great.  He has some self esteem problems, but with our help he is working through it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When our moderator asks if he if he is doing a good job, just humor him and tell him he is doing great.  He has some self esteem problems, but with our help he is working through it.
View Quote

I wondered about that...I mean really, how much moderating does the moderator have to do around here?  I guess if the kiddies get online and start playing, but otherwise most of the posts I've seen sitewide have been pointed maybe, at the worst a little abrasive at times, but nothing compared to some of the political forums I used to hang out on 15-20 years ago.....

It's not like someone is going to show up at your door and show you that THIS particular round, fired through a 1/9 twist barrel WILL hit you high and to the left --NOT--low and to the right at 25 yards....
...or maybe I'm just too new at this site to know better...
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]
My father-in-law just moved to Thomaston. We ate at the Fish Peddler last weekend. An interesting place.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My father-in-law just moved to Thomaston. We ate at the Fish Peddler last weekend. An interesting place.

View Quote

...Ahhh, the Fish Peddler....Nothing like trying to eat while your nose is being assaulted by the smell of rotting oyster from the piles out back....or tables that would need more than Hoppes #9 to get the gunk  off....
 I 'ate' there once...and only once.....and avoid the joint at all costs since.....

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, I hope by 'interesting' you didn't mean 'great place, want to go back as often as possible'.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You have no idea.........................wait till you get offered a bag of dicks.........

Oh...and Macon here....my shop is right off 74
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wondered about that...I mean really, how much moderating does the moderator have to do around here?  I guess if the kiddies get online and start playing, but otherwise most of the posts I've seen sitewide have been pointed maybe, at the worst a little abrasive at times, but nothing compared to some of the political forums I used to hang out on 15-20 years ago.....

You have no idea.........................wait till you get offered a bag of dicks.........

Oh...and Macon here....my shop is right off 74

Good to meet you Mad.....I've probably driven by your shop a few times without knowing it....
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:23:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Here, have an avatar!

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to the funhouse. I'm in Peachtree City, right off 74.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good ol Lizella. Not far from southerncross
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Welcome aboard. Sign up for the HTF shoot, doesn't sound like your far away from it. Sticky at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Howdy neighbor....
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

WOW!  Why thank you kind Sir.....It's obvious you are much better at graphics than I am.  I worked on the 'dragon skull' avatar for hours last night and still couldn't get it in proportion....Any suggestions or tip to get it to show correctly?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wondered about that...I mean really, how much moderating does the moderator have to do around here?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wondered about that...I mean really, how much moderating does the moderator have to do around here?  

Welcome and enjoy!

Many of us on the Forum are not real big on Rules and some of us are getting old so we just can't remember them, which is why MFF is kept busy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Welcome from the southeast corner.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Welcome and enjoy!

Many of us on the Forum are not real big on Rules and some of us are getting old so we just can't remember them, which is why MFF is kept busy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome and enjoy!

Rules?...You mean there are rules?....Sheesh...I guess I better go read them....Let's see...Yep...OK...Makes sense....Damn, really?....There goes Friday night...Ok...Got it....
...Good thing MFF is around....I'm old too and couldn't tell you my address on a moments notice without a hint, ten minutes to think and a glass of ice water so I'm likely to step over the line at some point.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

...Ahhh, the Fish Peddler....Nothing like trying to eat while your nose is being assaulted by the smell of rotting oyster from the piles out back....or tables that would need more than Hoppes #9 to get the gunk  off....
 I 'ate' there once...and only once.....and avoid the joint at all costs since.....

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, I hope by 'interesting' you didn't mean 'great place, want to go back as often as possible'.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty much what I meant. Although the food I had was good, I did make the comment that I don't understand how that place even comes close to passing any type of health or safety inspection.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess I haven't said Howdy! yet, so:

HOWDY!  

Welcome to this wacky assemblage of malfeasant miscreants!!!

Looking forward to enjoying your company, in a few months, at the GAHTF Fall shoot!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glad to know we have somebody else from Thomaston. I live in barnesville but work in Thomason 5 days a week.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Glad to know we have somebody else from Thomaston. I live in barnesville but work in Thomason 5 days a week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both of y'all are less than 30 minutes from me. PM me if y'all want to shoot sometime; Half Fawn Ranch still has an active 100yd range.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...I guess to say I 'live in Thomaston' is not completely accurate....It's more like I SLEEP in Thomaston....I've worked (mostly) in or around Macon for the past 25 years and live East of Thomaston so I usually know more about what's going on in Macon than T-Town....
..I once suggested that we have Church's chicken one night to my wife...She told me I couldn't have Church's...After the age old ' I'm an adult, I can have Church's if I want to, etc' discussion she said 'Go ahead, drive to Griffin if you want it but I'm not'.......How was I to know they had been closed for over six months....
...Yeah, I just sleep here...
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Both of y'all are less than 30 minutes from me. PM me if y'all want to shoot sometime; Half Fawn Ranch still has an active 100yd range.
View Quote

....Well now, that I might have to take you up on...My wife and I have been going to the range at Big Lazer of late....It's a decent range (no target stands and pick your own tree if you have to go) but it's usually deserted on Sunday mornings and not busy at all on Saturdays....It does make it a bit of a challenge when I'm working up loads and using a chronograph and someone else is on the range.....It's hard to get the data, change targets, reload and keep the barrel temp variable close when someone is running through three 30 round mags per target on another bench....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

....Well now, that I might have to take you up on...My wife and I have been going to the range at Big Lazer of late....It's a decent range (no target stands and pick your own tree if you have to go) but it's usually deserted on Sunday mornings and not busy at all on Saturdays....It does make it a bit of a challenge when I'm working up loads and using a chronograph and someone else is on the range.....It's hard to get the data, change targets, reload and keep the barrel temp variable close when someone is running through three 30 round mags per target on another bench....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It'd be a looong drive for ya, but you'd be welcome at the Emu range as well. It is definitely under utilized.

Building benches buys a lifetime membership!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Wow, never knew there were a couple of Upson Co boys on here. I went to school there the last 6 years of grade school ( Monroe Co the first 6) before moving away to Va, then back to Ga then Al and now back in Ga in Taylor Co. Welcome
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow, never knew there were a couple of Upson Co boys on here. I went to school there the last 6 years of grade school ( Monroe Co the first 6) before moving away to Va, then back to Ga then Al and now back in Ga in Taylor Co. Welcome
View Quote

Thank you for the welcome....If I may ask, were you in school before or after the consolidation?  If before, was that at Lee or Upson?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thank you for the welcome....If I may ask, were you in school before or after the consolidation?  If before, was that at Lee or Upson?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Robert E Lee '76
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Robert E Lee '76
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Robert E Lee '76

Durn there's a lot of old farts around here!!!!

Emu <class of '77>
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Welcome welcome.  Warner Robins here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:26:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Emu <class of '77>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Robert E Lee '76

Emu <class of '77>

Ware County High School class of '76 . . .

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Robert E Lee '76
View Quote

Just a touch before my time, but I have a sister that graduated in '76 from Upson ....

As for me, Upson '84......
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barnesville, you say?  I spend hunting season there at Redbone Farms and on a friend's land.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just a touch before my time, but I have a sister that graduated in '76 from Upson ....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Robert E Lee '76

I had lots of friends over at Upson as I lived in the county actually and had hailed from Monroe Co originaly ( several Monroe Co folks were grads of Upson)
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#45]
It's a good chance we may know some of the same people....Hell, we may know each other already...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit? I'm from Thomaston! We live in Augusta now but Thomaston was home until I turned 25. Everyplace else has been home up until 2012 when I returned to GA.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No shit? I'm from Thomaston! We live in Augusta now but Thomaston was home until I turned 25. Everyplace else has been home up until 2012 when I returned to GA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...Thomaston born and bred myself......Upson High Class of '84...
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#48]
...and thank you all for your welcome here....Kinda' feels homey around here....Just wondering where to put the recliner and the stuffed possum....Oh, and what's the rotation on replenishing the beer in the fridge?.....and WHO bought the PBR?....

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...We probably run some of the same roads...I live in Thomaston and work in and around Macon (usually)....I see more of Barnesville than Thomaston.....
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Barnesville, you say?  I spend hunting season there at Redbone Farms and on a friend's land.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got some customers over in redbone.  I know that area pretty well. I cover Upson, Lamar, and Monroe county for work
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Welcome to the funhouse. I'm in Peachtree City, right off 74.
View Quote

Same here. Right around 74 and 54.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top