Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SC, are you going to start a new thread for work days or post it here?....Also, is this coming Saturday (29 August) a work day?...If so, I need to make some arraingements to get the shooting bench frames over there....

Also, whenever we DO have the first work day, we will need 10 bags of fast setting Quickcrete (post setting type) for five shooting benches.....
...Anyone have a two man auger with 6" bit handy?......
View Quote

I have a pto auger you can use if you can borrow a tractor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]
SC,  i sent $ your way.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
SC,  i sent $ your way.
View Quote

Got it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My guess is that probably the biggest things we need to do are the BBQ pit (I will handle that) and getting those benches out there.  Other than that I'd say a few guys with some weedeaters and a decent mower would handle the rest of the basic stuff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My guess is that probably the biggest things we need to do are the BBQ pit (I will handle that) and getting those benches out there.  Other than that I'd say a few guys with some weedeaters and a decent mower would handle the rest of the basic stuff.
View Quote

Is Emu happy with the berm/backstops? Does he have target stands/holders? A means to hang steel?

I can come out during the week and do some weedeating and any light brush removal that needs a small chainsaw.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
What materials are you going to build the bbq pit out of?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Berms/backstops are AOK, but there's LOTS of weedeating/bush-hog work to be done, and unfortunately, I have no access to a tractor.

I've got some stands, but need some welding done to make one more.

The BBQ pit will be made from concrete blocks that need to be gathered from a burnt doublewide on my property. I'm thinking something 6'-ish long, with maybe a chimney sort of afair at one end??? We'll need some mortar mix to hold the blocks together, some concrete for footings, a metal barrel to be cut in half longways for a lid/s (hinges optional), some sort of handle for the lid/s, also need a piece of expanded metal to use as a grate, uh, 3'x6' or 4'x8'?, just guessing here on all of the above???? Any of you pro-builders jump in here at any time......!!!!

Anybody that specializes in cutting firewood and has something to haul it in would also be needed if we plan to have fuel for said BBQ pit. There ought to be PLENTY of deadfall out there.

Being the sole employee of my one-man-band of a pseudo pawnshop, I'm stretching durn hard to get away on a Saturday, cuz it means the shop being closed. I'm gonna hate being closed for the shoot, as it is! Ideally, if I could meet with one, or a couple, or three guys, around 8 or 9 am, before heading out to the shop at 10:00 am, just to give them the lay of the land, and make "straw bosses out of them, that would be best for me, so I don't have to close the shop, and piss off my customers. It is possible my son (23) might be able to be around to help, but he just started a new job last week, and has no clue as to his "normal" work schedule yet. He were supposed to work this past Saturday, but the threat of rain called it off. I head for home at 6:00 pm, so I would stop back by to have a cold beverage in the evening, and say TYVM to anyone left standing! Who wants to be straw boss???

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#8]
.....I think I have some expanded metal laying around....I'll check and let you know....If I do, it's 'flat rolled' for those who know what that means so it works great for a grill, but it's also light gauge (want to say 1/8" or 3/16") so it will need a frame to support it.....

.......Oh, and it's rusty as all hell....
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was planning on buying concrete cinderblocks and filling them with sand after mortaring them. Expanded metal for a grate and half a metal drum for a lid. Pretty easy to make and it works.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was planning on buying concrete cinderblocks and filling them with sand after mortaring them. Expanded metal for a grate and half a metal drum for a lid. Pretty easy to make and it works.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For temp use you won't need mortar.  

My tow behind smoker is still available. I can meet up with someone from the west side and let them pull it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My tow behind smoker is still available. I can meet up with someone from the west side and let them pull it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won't really be temporary. We'll leave it there for everyone to use after this shoot and for CWSE.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Won't really be temporary. We'll leave it there for everyone to use after this shoot and for CWSE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I'd prefer it to be of a more permanent nature, as I can easily see a possible shoot in the Spring, a shoot in the Fall, and Cola Warrior at least once a year, that's 3 times a year right there that it could be used. And if was made so that it could be utilized by small groups, (2-10ish) it would also be handy for those who want to come out in between shoots. If folks don't mind helping with the upkeep, (weedeating, painting targets, cleaning up after themselves, etc.), and scheduling a visit (99.99% pffft, just let me know when you want to come shoot), I don't mind them coming out to shoot. I've got several that come out with some regularity already. Actually, it'd be right handy to have a decent BBQ pit out by the range and the pond. I can see it being used pretty often, by many in the GAHTF.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#13]
In +2
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In +2
View Quote

Hey the ATF finally RSVP'd!

If your not with them, then Welcome to the Forum.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In +2
View Quote

Welcome Redwolf!!!

I believe we may be acquainted with one another. I'm glad you chose to join us at the shoot, y'all are in for a good time. Southerncross really puts together a fine outing.

I hope you enjoy the forum and hang out here with us often!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In +2

LOL

Got a side job I'm not aware of Redwolf?!?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In +2

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In +2

LOL

Just self preservation kicking in on my part - you know, first Post 1 paranoia kicking in. No Hello or introduction, just jump right in on Post 1 with a "In +2" post to attend the Fall Shoot!  

Anyway, again welcome Redwolf51  
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Just self preservation kicking in on my part - you know, first Post 1 paranoia kicking in. No Hello or introduction, just jump right in on Post 1 with a "In +2" post to attend the Fall Shoot!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In +2

LOL

...(taking notes for future, scribbling furiously).....First post-say hello......include mention of 'fellow agents' somewhere late in the post....drop a mention or two about 'operations along the border that didn't go as expected'.....ask innocently 'So, anyone know where I can get a SBR with suppressor on the QT for this weekend?'......

....Watch T_F shudder uncontrollably and spit coffee on the screen....
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

...(taking notes for future, scribbling furiously).....First post-say hello......include mention of 'fellow agents' somewhere late in the post....drop a mention or two about 'operations along the border that didn't go as expected'.....ask innocently 'So, anyone know where I can get a SBR with suppressor on the QT for this weekend?'......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In +2

LOL

LOLOLOL

Naw, Redwolf is a good buddy of mine. I called him this morning to make sure that actually was him, after I saw the post. Been knowing him and Ms. Redwolf for about 15 years. They are GOOD people! He is definitely one of us! (And so is she!)

I've been after him for forever to get signed up here. He's been lurking on and off for quite a while, but never got off his bottom and got signed up. I told him that if he wanted to come to the shoot, he really needed to get a screen name and post to the Fall Shoot thread so we could have an idea as to how many folks are likely to show.

So he did!

I hope he'll become a regular poster here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Greetings and salutations to all!  We are in Buckhead Ga. The real Buckhead with a zip code, just east of Madison Ga. No I'm not with the ATF but I am good friends with EMU, however that counts. Hey we are really looking forward to the Fall Shoot Out and meeting some new folks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Greetings and salutations to all!  We are in Buckhead Ga. The real Buckhead with a zip code, just east of Madison Ga. No I'm not with the ATF but I am good friends with EMU, however that counts. Hey we are really looking forward to the Fall Shoot Out and meeting some new folks.
View Quote

Howdy Redwolf.....Welcome to you and Mrs. Redwolf.....Crazy seems to be the order of the day around these parts.....unless there is live ammo involved....

....and then it's just eye-glazing, tongue wagging, cordite sniffing fun........or so I've heard.......
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, and for anyone that is curious...I've been after my nephew to join up so he may be another 'first post sign in to the shoot' member....He's dying to come if work allows.....I don't know what his handle will be, but there you go....If it's him, ask him about his coy fish.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Work Days??

Is anyone going out to Emu's place to work this Saturday?

I'm assuming we'll need to do a little just before the shoot too.  If grass get's cut in the next two weeks it could be knee high again by the last weekend in Sept if we get more rain.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Work Days??

I'm assuming we'll need to do a little just before the shoot too.  If grass get's cut in the next two weeks it could be knee high again by the last weekend in Sept if we get more rain.
View Quote

Anyone wanting to come on out and get started, is more than welcome! You know the old saying, "make hay while the sun shines." I'd hate to see our work days get rained out if we wait til the last minute to get stuff done.

Unfortunately, I have to work this Saturday (and EVERY Saturday for that matter), but I can be there til 10ish to get y'all headed in the right direction.....

My son ~might~ be there, but with a brand new job, he doesn't know his weekend work schedule yet.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I've always held to the policy that anyone who comes out for work days, earns themselves use of the range anytime they care to come out. Not that I'm all into telling people they can't come, if they need a place to shoot.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Work Days??

View Quote

...Me and Meme are trying to make it this Saturday to get the shooting bench frames installed....I'm still working on the tops so they will have to wait until the next work day....Gonna' shoot for as early as possible (considering the distance) to catch Emu before he leaves for the coalmine.....I'm thinking 8 ish or so arriving if I can get everything loaded up Friday night and ready to roll....
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't shoot the old baldy guy coming in about 9:30.  I'll bring some clearing tools but no mower( no pickup truck).  I can bring gas and run one if there is one on site.
Otherwise just a pair of hand.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll stop by with some good firewood at some point in the morning.  I'll look around for a pallet to keep it off the ground.  Anyone have a small piece of tarp or plastic to keep it dry?   I don't think I have any at home, but I will look around some.  I'm not sure if I will come with home stock or farm stock.  If I come from the farm, I'll have a piece of plastic to cover it up.  

I also have some cinder blocks for the pit if you need them.  

Looks like a rainy weekend :/

Send directions please!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I won't be around this weekend because of prior commitments. I have some pallets I will be bringing relatively soon (probably the weekend of the 5th) as well.

We'll take whatever cinder blocks you have Mike. Less for us to buy later.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I plan on going out for a while on Saturday the 5th to see what I can do to help. EMU showed me pics of the ranges and I'm sure by then there will still be work to do. He has to work so any help would be appreciated and like to meet members.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#31]
If anybody needs directions, just IM me and I'll send some out. You've been here before Tok, still got me on your GPS? It's pretty easy to find, right off Hwy 441 about 6 miles south of I-20, turn right, then a few miles west, on the right hand side.

The tranny on my mower is nearly shot, and my tractor died many years ago, but I do have a couple of decent weedeaters, and plenty of hand tools that I can have out there. Do we need to pour some footings for the BBQ pit, Southerncross? Any idea on dimensions? There are no gun racks, or tables out there, we discussed it at one time, here on the forum, but nothing came to fruition. Do I need to acquire some concrete for the shooting bench legs, and BBQ footings? There is a Lowe's about a mile north of I-20 at the Madison exit (15 minutes from the range) if we need anything. I should have post hole diggers, mattocks and shovels, but if any of you care to bring some, there's no such thing as too many. There's too much weedeating needing done to even contemplate..... especially if we want to have some nice camping spots.

Any and all warm bodies, more than welcome. I can't imagine too many folks, and not enough work....

Sing out with questions and suggestions!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Get out there and show some love for the range folks. I'll be there next weekend if anyone can't make this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#33]
I plan on being out there to help any way I can on Saturday.  I'll be there around 8:30.

The weather forecast looks good right now.  Mixed clouds, 20% chance of rain, high in the upper eighties.  Should be a good day to get some work done.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I plan on being out there to help any way I can on Saturday.  I'll be there around 8:30.

The weather forecast looks good right now.  Mixed clouds, 20% chance of rain, high in the upper eighties.  Should be a good day to get some work done.
View Quote

Glad you can make it!!! I appreciate the help!!!

Directions sent, call me with any questions....

Looks like we'll have 3 or 4 folks tomorrow, so far. Any one else interested in comimg out, IM me for directions and my phone #s.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I had to make a quick trip to Chattanooga this am so I am running a bit behind.  lol

Anyhow... I'll be out there before 5pm with some firewood and cinder blocks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Sounds good!

Man-o-man has that placxe growed up!!!

When I left, shortly after 10:00, Draconis & MeMe, Wiseanhyzer, TOK7632, my son, and a ladyfriend of his were setting their noses to the grindstone. THANKS guys and gals!!!!!

Redwolf, who lives in the area, is planning to stop by tomorrow to get the lay of the land, and hopes to bring some implements of destruction (mowers) out this week and for next weekend, I believe.

Those of you planning to help next weekend, if you have mowers, machetes, chainsaws, and weedeaters, we can find a spot for you to utilize whatever you brung!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#37]
The shooting benches Draconis built are NICE!!!  Seriously.  We got the the bases of 4 of them anchored in the ground.
We did some ground clearing and got a little brush cleared from the 100, 200 and 300 backstops.  

Emu's son got into it with a wasp nest and after taking a few hits killed it with fire.  
GAHunter came by with some concrete blocks for the pit and a good stack of split hardwood.
There is still a lot of ground to be cleared in order to see the 200 & 300yd rifle targets from the benches.  A brush mower or bush-hog would sure be helpful to knock down the heavy stuff.  A lot of the tall stuff has woody stems that are a little much for weed eaters, lawn mowers or sling blades.  Same goes for the parking area, it's a patch-work of grass and thick stuff.  It can be done with hand tools but we'll need a lot of hands to help.
Emu & Redwolf,

Is there anyone in the Madison area that can come down with a tractor to mow for an hourly rate?  It might be worth chipping in to get some of the heavy lifting done on the ground clearing and we can touch up with mowers and weed eaters before the shoot.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll be geared up and ready for an early start next saturday. I plan to be there around 8-8:30 and work until. Anyone else that wants in is welcome.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The shooting benches Draconis built are NICE!!!  Seriously.  We got the the bases of 4 of them anchored in the ground.

We did some ground clearing and got a little brush cleared from the 100, 200 and 300 backstops.  
Emu's son got into it with a wasp nest and after taking a few hits killed it with fire.  

GAHunter came by with some concrete blocks for the pit and a good stack of split hardwood.

There is still a lot of ground to be cleared in order to see the 200 & 300yd rifle targets from the benches.  A brush mower or bush-hog would sure be helpful to knock down the heavy stuff.  A lot of the tall stuff has woody stems that are a little much for weed eaters, lawn mowers or sling blades.  Same goes for the parking area, it's a patch-work of grass and thick stuff.  It can be done with hand tools but we'll need a lot of hands to help.

Emu & Redwolf,
Is there anyone in the Madison area that can come down with a tractor to mow for an hourly rate?  It might be worth chipping in to get some of the heavy lifting done on the ground clearing and we can touch up with mowers and weed eaters before the shoot.    
View Quote

Those benches are very serious!  I am looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Only 10 cinder blocks from me.  I thought I had more at home, but I was wrong.  The wood pile is about 4x4x3.  Poplar and oak - all stacked and under a tarp.  That would be enough for normal people to have a couple fires, or just enough to get one really good fire started!  I didn't bring any kindling or fat wood to get the fire going.   I didn't notice if there was any wood to be gathered in the woods.  If not, we will probably want more firewood.  

A Stihl combi hedge trimmer is the tool I was talking about.  Here's a link click  A bush hog would be best, a billy goat type mower would be second, and the hedge trimmer would be my third choice...

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#40]
That is exactly what I have, Stihl. I have their chainsaw and a KombiSystem (polesaw, adjustable hedge trimmer, brush cutter, and fixed line trimmer). The Brush Cutter is a steel 4 bladed cutting head that replaces a line trimmer head. Its great in brush/small saplings or on stuff that wears even a heavy line trimmer down to a numb (blackberry bushes). The big advantage of a bush hog over a brush cutter is that the bush hog turns almost everything into clippings similar to a lawn mower on grass. A brush cutter is best used with two people, one cutting and one pulling the cuttings away with a stone rack. The pile either has to be burned or moved someplace that it is out of the way to decompose.

We are busier then usual this year and I am having trouble getting free on the weekends. Emu do you mind if I come out during the week and tackle some of the stuff that we know has to be done with power tools? Anybody else available during the week or in the mornings?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll be geared up and ready for an early start next saturday. I plan to be there around 8-8:30 and work until. Anyone else that wants in is welcome.
View Quote

I will be there next Saturday as well. Plan on bringing at least a chainsaw and weed eater. And some hand tool if needed.   I can be there early also SC.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry I'm slow getting in here. The 8/29 crew ROCKED!!! A BIG thanks to Draconis & Meme, Wisenhyzer, Tok762, and my son Emu Jr.!!!

First and foremost, if Draconis needs a second profession, he could hang a shingle as a Shooting Bench Builder/Installer Deluxe!!! He is building and installing five, count-em FIVE, first class shooting benches. Just seeing the first four frames, and how the installation of them went, I can't wait to see the finished product! OMGosh this is some grade-A first class stuff here!!! To say that I am impressed and gratified is a HUGE understatement!!!

My understanding is that Wisenhyzer was his righthand man during the installation, and was responsible for man-handling the other side of the 2-man post hole digger, as well as various and sundry odd jobs to aid in the installation process, before moving on to general weed destroying duties. I believe Meme was the post hole cleaner-outer and general gofer (a generally grossly underrated task!) for the guys working on the benches.

Everyone needs to thank Tok762 for the donation of 3 more pieces of steel for the range! Not to mention working tirelessly at the thankless task of weedeating his heart out, alongside mini-Emu. They did a LOT of clearing, but there is still a TREMENDOUS amount that needs to be done. A bush hog would be ideal, if anyone has access to one and the time to spend running it. Barring that, I plan to order a couple of brush blades for my weedeaters, as they ought to be considerably better/faster at knocking down the blackberry brambles and light brush that is out there.

Thanks for the wood and cinderblocks GAhunter!!! They'll be used for sure! There ought to be plenty of deadfall and blowdown wood out here, so if someone wants to come equipped to cut and haul some, at one of the next work days, it would be greatly appreciated at the BBQ pit, and around the campfire! There is also some light chainsaw clearing needing to be done on the "wooded-clearing lounge location."

There's still TONS of work to get it ready for the shoot. If you would prefer to come out mid-week tuefel, or anyone else for that matter, I wouldn't mind at all. Call or IM me and we'll make arrangements. Otherwise, the next work day is this coming Saturday 9/5. Any and everyone is welcome to come out and help the Angry Emu Range get ready for the Fall Shoot!!!

THANKS A BUNCH to all of you who have helped to get the range to where it is now!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I will be there next Saturday as well. Plan on bringing at least a chainsaw and weed eater. And some hand tool if needed.   I can be there early also SC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will have my chainsaw, weedeater, riding mower, and possibly a load of pallets for the fire if I can get them loaded in time.  Sounds like we'll be able to make a good dent in it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

A Stihl combi hedge trimmer is the tool I was talking about.  Here's a link click  A bush hog would be best, a billy goat type mower would be second, and the hedge trimmer would be my third choice...
View Quote

That trimmer would be good.  Same with the brush cutter heads for weed eaters.

Unfortunately the Lowe's in Madison doesn't seem to have a Sunbelt Rentals.  They have Walk Behind Brush Cutters that would be great.  They're $77/day.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the Lowe's in Madison doesn't seem to have a Sunbelt Rentals.  They have Walk Behind Brush Cutters that would be great.  They're $77/day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of those would be FABULOUS!!!

Of course we'd probably be looking at a couple of day's rental, unless it could be picked up early, then returned late on a Saturday.

And as you say, Madison Lowe's has no rental stuff that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Oh, and I forgot to add:

I ordered 4 - 10" brush blades today: the two carbide tipped ones should be here by the 5th. <fingers crossed>

The two heat treated steel ones, similar to what I have used before, are to be here between the 4th and the 8th. Likely not before this Saturday's work day.

Just having one of those on a weedeater is a HUGE improvement. I can't believe I forgot about those! Can't tell you how many acres I've cleared in years past with one of those. Goes thru up tp 2" dia stuff like butter!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#47]
If any of you guys think it will be beneficial, I can supply about 64 amps of 120 volts mobile AC power for the duration of the shoot. We can run just about anything that requires electricity (lights, fans, travel trailers (max 2), refrigerators, etc.)

I just completed a fun project where I installed a Cummins Onan 7500 watt Quiet Diesel RV generator on a small trailer as a SHTF rig / power plant for weekend fun. If anyone wants to donate diesel beyond the first 15 gallons that I'll supply, I'd appreciate it. I plan to run it the entire weekend if you guys want it. It will likely burn 25-30 gallons if ran for 60 hours.

By the way, it is insanely quiet so no need to worry about added noise. I'd appreciate it if any of you would chime in and let me know if I should bring the AC power with me...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I can't imagine anyone not wanting power at the shoot, but I suspect it would mostly hinge on how many people planned to bring out trailers and would want power for AC. I know Draconis plans to bring a camper, but beyond that, I really don't know how many folks intend to camp out, much less know how badly they'll want power out there.

Sing out guys! Who's camping, and who would like a power supply out there for the shoot?!?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I know SC mentioned needing power for some 'show and tell' movie time but it probably wouldn't take too much power for that....The camper we're bringing is self contained with a small Honda generator and it probably won't make it much further than the first clearing area at the old trailer location (the home away from home is a 26' pull behind) ......
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I know SC mentioned needing power for some 'show and tell' movie time but it probably wouldn't take too much power for that....The camper we're bringing is self contained with a small Honda generator and it probably won't make it much further than the first clearing area at the old trailer location (the home away from home is a 26' pull behind) ......
View Quote

Nah, we'll get you back there! We still got nearly 3 weeks to blaze a path for your "home away from home." What do we need, about 10' of clearance? Get a measurement so we can start chopping. No way am I gonna let the shooting bench builder deluxe be banished to the hinterlands due to a few low hanging branches!!!
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top