Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be sending my donation probably Friday. I can bring pans and foil again, I get a pretty good deal on those the company I work for makes them. I spent about $80 on those for last years and we had plenty I believe.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Emu that is a great idea on the food thread, Ashley just get with me when you have time, i know your working a ton of hours now, so please let me know what i can do to help. looking forward to this shoot, and seeing you guys
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Might I suggest that if everyone donates to the fund for expenses AND brings a bag of chips, a sixpack (or twelve) of softdrinks and a pack of buns along with any sides that would go a long way toward filling the holes....Plus, it would garrentee a variety of choices....
I think a food thread would be a help too....Everyone could post what they are bringing so everyone else can see what's missing:

Draconis/Meme
Chips (2)
Diet Coke (24)
Water (24)
Hamburger buns (12)

....something like that....

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Diet Coke?

I always attend a camp-out self-contained as I am a picky SOB on Paleo and do not eat most picnic foods, so I bring my own. I kicked in $25 toward the pork. I am down with the pig.

Buns? Beans? Po-taters? Chips? Cookies? Mac 'n cheese? Cole slaw (with sugar in it)? No thanks. I get all my carbs from adult beverages, maybe a corn tortilla with my eggs once in a while. I'll be fine.

More for you guys, right?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Diet Coke?

I always attend a camp-out self-contained as I am a picky SOB on Paleo and do not eat most picnic foods, so I bring my own. I kicked in $25 toward the pork. I am down with the pig.

Buns? Beans? Po-taters? Chips? Cookies? Mac 'n cheese? Cole slaw (with sugar in it)? No thanks. I get all my carbs from adult beverages, maybe a corn tortilla with my eggs once in a while. I'll be fine.

View Quote

...LOL.....I can relate....Meme and I are also low-carb so we will be avoiding just about everything on this list....but it was an example...If I included 'Phaux-Tato Bake' people would REALLY be confused...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys aren't going to start talking about Tofu are you

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]

I said Paleo, not vegetarian, and IMO soy is not an acceptable food for a human in any form. I avoid it.

BBQ is acceptable food, unless it comes from a McRib, or Sonny's - that ain't BBQ, no.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys aren't going to start talking about Tofu are you

View Quote

the word tofu should followed with a steel pipe to the face
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I said Paleo, not vegetarian, and IMO soy is not an acceptable food for a human in any form. I avoid it.

BBQ is acceptable food, unless it comes from a McRib, or Sonny's - that ain't BBQ, no.
View Quote

I know you said Paleo and I know what diet that is, I just get nervous when people start talking about diets when the word Picnic comes up. Its just one meal and that leaves more PIE for the rest of us!
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a Paleo guy too, but I'll just lift really hard on Friday and call the weekend a refeed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Starting to put things together now. . .

Work days scheduled for September 5th and 12th. We will be building the bbq pit and doing range/campsite cleaning during these work days.

Going to get pricing on two port a johns for the weekend and Votefromrooftops and myself will get together to discuss the menu and guesstimate costs.

Thanks for the donations so far folks. Anything we take in above the budget we will roll to the next HTF shoot fund.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll be sending my donation probably Friday. I can bring pans and foil again, I get a pretty good deal on those the company I work for makes them. I spent about $80 on those for last years and we had plenty I believe.

View Quote

The foil and pans was/is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

...LOL.....I can relate....Meme and I are also low-carb so we will be avoiding just about everything on this list....but it was an example...If I included 'Phaux-Tato Bake' people would REALLY be confused...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Diet Coke?

If you're talking about mashed cauliflower count me in. That stuff is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Work days scheduled for September 5th and 12th. We will be building the bbq pit and doing range/campsite cleaning during these work days.

Going to get pricing on two port a johns for the weekend and Votefromrooftops and myself will get together to discuss the menu and guesstimate costs.

Thanks for the donations so far folks. Anything we take in above the budget we will roll to the next HTF shoot fund.
View Quote

12th is MOA challenge isn't it?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dammit, forgot about that. Will change it. Thanks.

Can you tell my brain is fried?  September is going to be a wild month. MOA shoot, Cola Warrior East, HTF shoot. . .
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Austin, PM me your screen name so I can put it on the list for people who have donated.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Can you tell my brain is fried?  September is going to be a wild month. MOA shoot, Cola Warrior East, HTF shoot. . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but it will be a fun kind of crazy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep, September is going to be a crazy busy month.  Need to get some prep done for deer season too.

Would Saturday August 29th and Sept 5th work for work days?

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yep, September is going to be a crazy busy month.  Need to get some prep done for deer season too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possibly.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#20]
As I get the shooting benches ready I will bring them over on the work days....We are going to need some Quickcrete to anchor them in.
Emu, I don't know your range but I remember you saying something about nothing being installed permanent....Do the benches need to be anchored in such a way that they can be moved with nothing but the concrete post hole sized pads left flush with the ground or can anchor bolts be left sticking up?
I can work it either way, but I need to plan accordingly...
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As I get the shooting benches ready I will bring them over on the work days....We are going to need some Quickcrete to anchor them in.
Emu, I don't know your range but I remember you saying something about nothing being installed permanent....Do the benches need to be anchored in such a way that they can be moved with nothing but the concrete post hole sized pads left flush with the ground or can anchor bolts be left sticking up?
I can work it either way, but I need to plan accordingly...
View Quote

Ya know, I've been thinking about that "permanent" rule. I'm thinking that applies to "structures", as in buildings. I can build a fence, and that's permanent. So, upon reflection, I think we ought to be able to get away with benches and BBQ pits, no problem. Now if we wanted to build a lean to shed over the benches, that would likely be an issue. Lets plan to concrete them in, I can't see it being a problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#22]
FYI

We currently have $130 in the pot for the shoot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Put me down for $50, which I'd prefer to give you at the 9/5 work day, if you don't mind. I can send a money order ASAP if you prefer.

Also, I'm still on for plates, cups, utensils, and a pea salad.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Put me down for $50, which I'd prefer to give you at the 9/5 work day, if you don't mind. I can send a money order ASAP if you prefer.

Also, I'm still on for plates, cups, utensils, and a pea salad.

View Quote

That's fine.  I'm just not going to add it to the total yet.  I figure there will be a few that donate on the weekend of the shoot.  We had about $300 come in like that last year.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Ok, who was it that said they have a hook up on port-a-johns?  We need to get some prices on that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#26]
checked mailed yesterday morning to cover 3 and help out
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok, who was it that said they have a hook up on port-a-johns?  We need to get some prices on that.
View Quote

I wanna say draconis...?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was me.....I will call and see what kind of numbers I can get.....The people I deal with don't usually go that far North, but for a special event like this they said they would....If nothing else, it will be a number to compare to whoever is local to those parts.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#29]
There is a very local guy, Farmer's Hardware, that does porta johns. I'll get a phone number for you when I get to the shop.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Awesome. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Farmer's Hardware & Septic Tank
1211 Atlanta Hwy
Madison, GA 30650
706-438-4189

They've been in business since 1950. Good people to deal with. Fair and honest!
I have no idea how reasonable their prices are on porta-john rentals, I've never rented one, ever.
If you tell them it's for a shoot at Steve's range (the guy who runs the pawnshop), they'll know who you're talking about.
You won't get a discount, but at least you'll be treated like a local....
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Talked to my contact today...I'm still waiting on the call back with the numbers....Figuring 75 to 100 people on Saturday, mixed sexes we talked about two for Women and one, or two, for men.....Deliver Friday and pick up sometime after Sunday......
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Talked to my contact today...I'm still waiting on the call back with the numbers....Figuring 75 to 100 people on Saturday, mixed sexes we talked about two for Women and one, or two, for men.....Deliver Friday and pick up sometime after Sunday......
View Quote

Why would we need TWO for women? What was the mix last year 90 guys and 10 women? I don't know what it was but I am speculating that the men are going to far out number the women. Am I totally off on this?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#34]
My +1 is out.  Just me for now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why would we need TWO for women? What was the mix last year 90 guys and 10 women? I don't know what it was but I am speculating that the men are going to far out number the women. Am I totally off on this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we only have 10 women, one would be enough I guess.....but if we have 20-30 women ( I kind of figured two-thirds men-one third women based on the +1s and such) and the fact that women tend to take a bit longer.....Nothing set in stone at this point......
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If we only have 10 women, one would be enough I guess.....but if we have 20-30 women ( I kind of figured two-thirds men-one third women based on the +1s and such) and the fact that women tend to take a bit longer.....Nothing set in stone at this point......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense. Guess we need SC to chime in about how many Women showed up last year as well as his thoughts on having an inside Head for them to use affected turn-out versus all Porta Johns this year. By the way, both of my Plus Ones are Male friends into guns but not on the Forum yet. So Plus Ones are not necessarily Women, they could be Sons or Male Friends.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Currently have $170 in the pot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:41:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Makes sense. Guess we need SC to chime in about how many Women showed up last year as well as his thoughts on having an inside Head for them to use affected turn-out versus all Porta Johns this year. By the way, both of my Plus Ones are Male friends into guns but not on the Forum yet. So Plus Ones are not necessarily Women, they could be Sons or Male Friends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need two shitters for three days - friday to sunday. If there are 75 people, only a third will use the toilet. Of that third, maybe 5 will go #2. A typical shitter is rated for 10 people for a 7 day work week. No need to have one for males and one for females. Most women won't use one anyway. We also have plenty of woods to piss in out there.  Two will do it just fine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We need two shitters for three days - friday to sunday. If there are 75 people, only a third will use the toilet. Of that third, maybe 5 will go #2. A typical shitter is rated for 10 people for a 7 day work week. No need to have one for males and one for females. Most women won't use one anyway. We also have plenty of woods to piss in out there.  Two will do it just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds good to me. I too, think two will be sufficient, and I have seldom ever see them labeled male/female.

But as stated above, I've never been involved with renting, or logistics of them, my only experience comes from using them.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

....Coooool...SO we get to see exploding women too?.....

Seriously, not arguing your point, but I can't agree that any women there would either A) piss in the woods or B) hold it all day or C) drive to the nearest eating joint/gas station/other when they've got to go....As for only a third of the people there needing to go during a  8 hour plus day....I know *I* can't hold it that long without gurgling so I guess I'm in that third.......

...Other than that, so be it......I'll ask for the price for two instead....
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Believe the main reason women won't use em is the nasty factor. If were the only ones using them and not public or at a concert, hopefully nobody explodashits all over the inside and just leaves it. If they're cleaned up front and treated like a home bathroom they should stay that way fairly easy. Box of matches and some Lysol with paper towels in each should alleviate any seat sharing problems and kill the beer shit smell.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Most of the Shitters today have the urinal attached the the left side so that Males don't dribble on the seat. So this only leaves the problem of the exploding rear-ends and those that DON'T clean up after themselves id they have one of those.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#43]
We're at $270 in the pot now.

People tend to have way more shitters on site than needed for events like this. I've worked on job sites where there are 25 guys working all week and there are only two shitters present. For what we're doing, two will be fine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#44]
If I get a price I'll pass it on but using the local guy will probably be cheaper....Like I said in the beginning, the folks I deal with don't usually go that far North anyway, they were just doing it as a favor....
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If I get a price I'll pass it on but using the local guy will probably be cheaper....Like I said in the beginning, the folks I deal with don't usually go that far North anyway, they were just doing it as a favor....
View Quote

No problem. Just looking for more than one price for the sake of shopping around.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I hope I can get my spr function right by then!! Barrel ,adj gas block, JP scs ain't jiving
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#47]
in, will send $$$ next week
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
in, will send $$$ next week
View Quote

Noted. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#49]
SC, are you going to start a new thread for work days or post it here?....Also, is this coming Saturday (29 August) a work day?...If so, I need to make some arraingements to get the shooting bench frames over there....

Also, whenever we DO have the first work day, we will need 10 bags of fast setting Quickcrete (post setting type) for five shooting benches.....
...Anyone have a two man auger with 6" bit handy?......
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
SC, are you going to start a new thread for work days or post it here?....Also, is this coming Saturday (29 August) a work day?...If so, I need to make some arraingements to get the shooting bench frames over there....

Also, whenever we DO have the first work day, we will need 10 bags of fast setting Quickcrete (post setting type) for five shooting benches.....
...Anyone have a two man auger with 6" bit handy?......
View Quote

Trying to figure out if I can make it this weekend.  You guys are welcome to get with Emu and have at it if I cannot. I know for sure we're going to do a work day on the 5th.

Our total just jumped again to $230.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top