Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 6/22/2015 4:09:52 PM EDT
This will be a Friday afternoon through Sunday morning event.  You are welcome to show up Friday and help with setup if you like, and there will be at least a few of us there camping that night.  Saturday the shooting begins about 10AM and will run until the lunch break (1-2 hours roughly) and go until 6PM.  Sunday is get up and clean up day.

Any and all Class III stuff is welcome (legally obtained, obviously) and I will have some Tannerite mix with me (about 50lbs total).  If you guys want to bring small containers to fill, that would be great.  I will have some, but probably not enough.  

We will provide supper and probably lunch if funds allow.  Lunch will be similar to last year, i.e. hotdogs/hamburgers and whatever anyone wants to bring.  You guys are welcome to bring any food you'd like for lunch/supper, and we'll know what is on the menu fairly soon.  Votefromrooftops has volunteered to help with the cooking, so we will have be taking donations starting now.  I know some of you hate Paypal, but it's the easiest thing to use for these kinds of events.  If you cannot make a donation ahead of time we will take them at the shoot, but keep in mind that supplies aren't cheap to feed 50-75 people, and all the help we can get up front will be greatly appreciated.  We have had interest from one of our local gun shops to put some $$$ in the pot for food for the shoot, and I will let you guys know how that goes as we get closer to the date.

Our location is changing from Half Fawn Ranch to Emu's place in Madison.  It's a lot more spacious and farther from neighbors than my place was, and I think the camping will be better as well.  As we get closer I will post details on directions and exact locations, but it is roughly 10 minutes from Madison.

If you're in, let us know.  This is the thread, and this is the list.

Please send any donations through Paypal via [email protected].  Please leave your screen name in the comments section. Do not include anything related to firearms, ar15.com, etc. HTF is ok.

IN:
Southerncross
Emu +1
DHolidayWithAnAR + 1
Ytka + 1.5
teufel_hunden + 1
redgoat
RolandDeschain
votefromrooftops + 2
FXR1969 + 1
tok762 + 1
400North + 1
Crkrdice
Isthatthingpinned
Glockfan68 + 1.5
GaHunter95
Gandydancer
Streela
Yourcoworker + 2
jtyates
Draconis + 1
Bearjace + 1
Whiskerz + 2
Makeitflyfast
FNGfromGa + 1
Tom + 2
Wiseanhyzer
RamblinWreck
Vadge + 1
Thegooch
Redwolf51 + 2
Jmarkma + 1
Westgram + 2
ShineyM3
Milsurphunter
KavonTn

Donations received from:
lots of people [:D

***The menu: wild hog sausage, burgers, brats, hot dogs, chicken, and whatever else shows up. I'm going to get a bunch of different stuff for votefromrooftops to doctor up with different seasonings for the grill. There will be something for everybody. Expect lunch on saturday to be simple, i.e. burgers and dogs.

Thanks for the donations so far folks. Anything we take in above what we need/use we'll roll into the next HTF shoot's fund.

**anybody that has a Glock sight pusher tool, please bring it with you. One of the guys needs use of it for a few minutes**

RAIN OR SHINE!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In  +1
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In  +1
View Quote
I'm in. It'll be the chicky snack and myself.  Got a coworker who will show up also. He's a member here just not active.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
In, at least +1 fri-sun
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome. I'm sure we'll be able to fill this up like we did last time.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Done
View Quote

Thank you sir. Will we get the honor of your presence at this event?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
It will be me + the wife and kid unless it's Oct 9-11. Household 6 has to work that weekend.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I know I'm the FNG  belt feds welcome and 1-2 machine guns???
Would like to attend if possible!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it's legal, it's welcome!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
In on Page One!

teufel_hunden plus 1 shooter
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Any restrictions on ammo?
Blue tips
APIT
And such???
Got a crank fire for ma only used once need to break it out again!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#12]
In!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in.  Just me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#14]
i'm in, plus the wife, she is digging these shoots
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any restrictions on ammo?
Blue tips
APIT
And such???
Got a crank fire for ma only used once need to break it out again!
View Quote

It's Emu's place.  May want to shoot him a PM on that.  I don't see why not though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just let us know if you're in or not.  You are most certainly welcome.  That's the whole point of these HTF get togethers.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#17]
In +1
Will do on the ammo!
Any (hard) targets we can punch holes in?
I got a old air compressor tank we could shoot at
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In +1
Will do on the ammo!
View Quote

I don't see any reason to limit ammo selection. As long as folks don't get silly with it, and try to perforate the AR500 steel targets we've got out here, bring it on. There are currently no targets on the range that are armor piercing friendly. However, I have no objection to y'all bringing suitable items to turn into Swiss cheese.

My only concern with "brought targets" is that this is my horses' pasture that we'll be shooting in. I'd prefer not to scatter too much plastic and glass around for them to get into, long after the shoot is over. Having said that, I think an old compressor would be an ideal sort of target, as I don't see it shedding lots of trash that would be difficult to police up after the shoot. An old auto engine might make an interesting target too. Anything tough, and not prone to scattering small bits, ought to be fine! I don't want to put a damper on the fun, but I do want to try to limit the amount, and type, of non-recoverable detritus that we leave behind for my horses to have to deal with after we're done.

Any questions or comments can be posted, or IM'd, or call me at the shop, from 10:30ish-6:00 Mon-Sat, at 706-342-7296. I'm open to any and all suggestions!!!

I've attended many of the HTF shoots, and am really looking forward to our first HTF event out here!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#19]
In +1.
 Let me know if a work party is organizing to prep range.
Have some older steel whiich I can sacrifice for the cause.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Just a heads up before voting for the weekends of October 16 or 23 that firearms season for Deer starts October 18, 2015
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#21]

+1
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In +1.
View Quote

We will probably have a work day or two prior to the event. Details as we get dates in order. They will probably be late August/early September.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In +1.
View Quote

Thanks for the offers Tok!  

Both of the above would be MUCH appreciated!!!

I'll be counting on you, 'cuz, I happen to know for a fact, that you follow thru when you offer!!!  
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Just a heads up before voting for the weekends of October 16 or 23 that firearms season for Deer starts October 18, 2015
View Quote

Firearms deer season opens Saturday October 17th, statewide.  Same weekend you were talking about.

In
if the weekend winds up being Sept 25-27.  I'm a maybe if it's Oct 9-11.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Firearms deer season opens Saturday October 17th, statewide.  Same weekend you were talking about.

In

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In

Damn Edocuments site has the 2104-2015 Season but only goes to July 2015 so the October dates shown are for 2014, DOH!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Add me, and possibly the ATF man.

ETA: I will be there Friday-Saturday.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Me, the frau and my mini-me are in...
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Pencil me in with a +1.  When the date is set I will know for sure.

FYI.... October 9-11 is Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh, and for what it's worth:

Madison is well known for antebellum mansions and antique/junque shops, if your significant other and small kids would like to spend the weekend away from home with you, but the thought of total firearms overdose turns her stomach, and is more than the little ones can stand.

There are several pretty nice hotel/motel/B&B possibilities within 10-15 minutes of the shoot, if you want to spend the weekend, but you, and/or the spousal unit are not up for the camping gig. I can HIGHLY recommend Southern Cross Guest Ranch (no relation to OUR Southerncross ). It's less than 10 minutes from the shoot, is a really GREAT facility, with excellent food,  the owner is a friend of mine, and are really good folk to boot! Your better half can spend an hour or two at the shoot, go tour Madison, then have a really neat spot to spend the night, without the bugs and roughing it.

Madison Chamber of Commerce Touristy Spot
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't see any reason to limit ammo selection. As long as folks don't get silly with it, and try to perforate the AR500 steel targets we've got out here, bring it on. There are currently no targets on the range that are armor piercing friendly. However, I have no objection to y'all bringing suitable items to turn into Swiss cheese.

My only concern with "brought targets" is that this is my horses' pasture that we'll be shooting in. I'd prefer not to scatter too much plastic and glass around for them to get into, long after the shoot is over. Having said that, I think an old compressor would be an ideal sort of target, as I don't see it shedding lots of trash that would be difficult to police up after the shoot. An old auto engine might make an interesting target too. Anything tough, and not prone to scattering small bits, ought to be fine! I don't want to put a damper on the fun, but I do want to try to limit the amount, and type, of non-recoverable detritus that we leave behind for my horses to have to deal with after we're done.

Any questions or comments can be posted, or IM'd, or call me at the shop, from 10:30ish-6:00 Mon-Sat, at 706-342-7296. I'm open to any and all suggestions!!!

I've attended many of the HTF shoots, and am really looking forward to our first HTF event out here!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In +1
Will do on the ammo!

We can have a lot of fun with tannerite in just plain plastic bottles that won't leave much of anything to pick up.  Plus soft targets like watermelons, cantelopes, pumpkins, etc are horse friendly.  In addition to any steel targets and I'm sure that will be enough.  When you start blowing stuff up with tannerite and shooting things like engines and cars, you will have pieces all over you will never be able to pick up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Count me IN .

gd
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

We can have a lot of fun with tannerite in just plain plastic bottles that won't leave much of anything to pick up.  Plus soft targets like watermelons, cantelopes, pumpkins, etc are horse friendly.  In addition to any steel targets and I'm sure that will be enough.  When you start blowing stuff up with tannerite and shooting things like engines and cars, you will have pieces all over you will never be able to pick up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In +1
Will do on the ammo!

A car would definately be problematic, but I was thinking maybe a block might be a bit less prone to shed bits and pieces, whilst still providing some armour piercing challenge goodness.
Maybe if we took most of the lighter sheet metally type pieces off?

Hmmmmm, I hadn't thought about fruits and veggies...... Definately horse friendly!!! And filled with massive explosiveness visualality!!!
(And might even provide for some volunteer vines for fruit for next year!)

Anybody live near the farmer's market in Forest Park?!?  

EXCELLENT thoughts, Roland!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#34]
I cannot resist!

In plus my two boys for Saturday.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#35]
A car is fine if you are just going to shoot it.  The problem is that we won't do that.  We will start off with a pound of tannerite... then go to 3 pounds... then big enough to cut the frame in half.  Then you have a BIG mess to clean up!      Well.... even if you just shoot the car, there will be a lot of plastic and glass under, and immediately around the car.  After you drag the car away, you will be shoveling up a lot of trash.  Not bad if you have a loader, I wouldn't want to do it by hand!  An engine block would be fun for the 50!

Pumpkins will grow.  No other fruit has successfully grown via the tannerite planting technique at my place.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A car is fine if you are just going to shoot it.  The problem is that we won't do that.  We will start off with a pound of tannerite... then go to 3 pounds... then big enough to cut the frame in half.  Then you have a BIG mess to clean up!      Well.... even if you just shoot the car, there will be a lot of plastic and glass under, and immediately around the car.  After you drag the car away, you will be shoveling up a lot of trash.  Not bad if you have a loader, I wouldn't want to do it by hand!  An engine block would be fun for the 50!

Pumpkins will grow.  No other fruit has successfully grown via the tannerite planting technique at my place.
View Quote

It would be REALLY interesting to see what your .50 would do to an engine block!!!!

Surely someone has an old, rusty, worthless engine, out behind their garage, that they could bring out to the shoot!!!!

You'd have to be a little gentle with it though, GaHunter, so's you didn't spread it around too much with that .50!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#37]
in for sure if it's the September dates
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#38]
In for any weekend except Oct 10-11. Party of one, camping in the 'cruiser. Can help RSO if needed (certified if that matters), I did at the last one at Ashley's.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In for any weekend except Oct 10-11. Party of one, camping in the 'cruiser. Can help RSO if needed (certified if that matters), I did at the last one at Ashley's.
View Quote

We'd love to have your services again if you're up for it. The Knob Creek weekend is coming off the voting list. I totally forgot about that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Just a heads up, starting to look like the first two dates are in the lead, not that you can't look at the poll yourselves. I'm good with that.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Is there power and water available at the new place?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kinda. Generators are going to be a must, and I'll try and get that sorted in the coming months. There is a well close to the camping spot, but I'm not sure if its working currently. You let me know what you need, and we'll make it happen.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Kinda. Generators are going to be a must, and I'll try and get that sorted in the coming months. There is a well close to the camping spot, but I'm not sure if its working currently. You let me know what you need, and we'll make it happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a portable genset.  It's a 5kw.  It's loud, but can power quite a bit if needed.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I have a portable genset.  It's a 5kw.  It's loud, but can power quite a bit if needed.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be in the toy hauler. It has a genset. I have a 4500 genny I can bring. I'm self sufficient if I know in advance.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#45]
In, riding with goat.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll keep that in mind.  We may need two or three generators total, but I think Jake said he has a quiet one that we can run the movie projector/speakers off of.  I'm thinking we have one for lights and miscellaneous stuff and Jason will have his on the toy hauler for his needs.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'll be in the toy hauler. It has a genset. I have a 4500 genny I can bring. I'm self sufficient if I know in advance.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd plan to bring it.  We'll get the water situation worked out in advance, even if it requires me to get ahold of a 500 gallon water keg.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'd plan to bring it.  We'll get the water situation worked out in advance, even if it requires me to get ahold of a 500 gallon water keg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If this happens the September wknd I'll be there. I will bring my EU 1000. It's quiet and will run a couple of fans easily.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Looking like it will be that weekend or the first weekend in October.  I'm gonna take into account who all can't make it and have a hard decision in about a month.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Add me, and possibly the ATF man.

ETA: I will be there Friday-Saturday.
View Quote

Seriously, you better bring him.  If we don't have some federal oversight, how will we all survive?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top