Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
So from what I am gathering. I can bring my 6.8 ar build with my hand loads to shoot. And I can use my 10/22 and shoot the 22 division?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So from what I am gathering. I can bring my 6.8 ar build with my hand loads to shoot. And I can use my 10/22 and shoot the 22 division?
View Quote

Yes.  

I am still working on the fine details, but you will be able to enter multiple categories.  How many has yet to be determined.  I think it would be much easier to handle 50 people shooting 3 divisions, than 150 people wanting to shoot 1 class.  

The time allowed per target will be the rate limiting factor, and once that is settled, we can estimate how many rounds we can fit in a day, then figure out how many 50 yard and 100 yard spots to fill.  

When every last detail if hammered out, then we will have the official sign up thread.  Details will be in this thread giving you notice.  I am thinking the sign up will include your screen name and the divisions you would like to shoot, or maybe just the # of divisions.

If you have any questions, post up a reply.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Is their a official flyer? I could show the shops I deal with on a regular basis to recruit some sponsors.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wait.... 2 Yankee's?
We're gonna have to have a committee meeting on this one!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm rusty as hell but I'm in for the bolt gun category.

Sweet, I won't be the only Yankee there this time.  

Wait.... 2 Yankee's?
We're gonna have to have a committee meeting on this one!  

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hey, since it's September, maybe you could add the Sgt. York Turkey Shot in.  
For $20 or $50, they could take one shot at a cold bore aiming point,  then shoot their 5 x 5.  Closest cold bore at end of day wins half the pot, other half goes to rent the portajohns.
View Quote

hmmm.... that is a possibility.  Probably a good idea to get a second outhouse!  Thanks

Vacation season is upon us now... progress is being made, but not as fast when one has their toes in the sand and a beer in the hand.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Depending on work, I'm in as well.....SPR division...

...One question...If I miss the entire target with my AR, can I just throw the damn rounds at it?...I might have better luck hitting it that way.....

..Also, if the t-shirt question is still open and with Doc having his hands full, do you want me to have a go at it as well?....It gives me something to do when my hands get tired of reloading for the evening....
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Depending on work, I'm in as well.....SPR division...

...One question...If I miss the entire target with my AR, can I just throw the damn rounds at it?...I might have better luck hitting it that way.....

..Also, if the t-shirt question is still open and with Doc having his hands full, do you want me to have a go at it as well?....It gives me something to do when my hands get tired of reloading for the evening....
View Quote

There will be a few 'proven' rifles there that day that you can use.

That would be great if you could come up with a t-shirt idea.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
That's nice to hear...I'm running a mostly stock Colt 6920 with cheap optics.....Of course, even the best weapon doesn't make up for sorry marksmanship on the operator's part.....but it helps

As for the shirt, any ideas?...I'm open to any suggestions you guy's got......
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's nice to hear...I'm running a mostly stock Colt 6920 with cheap optics.....Of course, even the best weapon doesn't make up for sorry marksmanship on the operator's part.....but it helps

As for the shirt, any ideas?...I'm open to any suggestions you guy's got......
View Quote

Hell, just come up with something.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm interested in driving down for the shoot if ya'll will have me. do I need to sign up for the MOA challenge? I'll look for the other thread to pin down details/specifics on the challenge (prone?, supported? sling? bipod?, just to 100?). I have an SPR and a G3 clone.

Will there time and place for other shooting? pistols and shotguns? I have a couple cans and a 12ga.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been reading the MOA challenge thread over on the precision rifle general board here and can't find where LaRue is giving triggers to everyone who shoots sub MOA for the challenge other than the post that included those who had already submitted when he posted.....
Does anyone know if the same applies to those who  submit now?
I still think the GAHTF shoot is great even if we get nothing but the chance to get together, but it would be nice to know....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm interested in driving down for the shoot if ya'll will have me. do I need to sign up for the MOA challenge? I'll look for the other thread to pin down details/specifics on the challenge (prone?, supported? sling? bipod?, just to 100?). I have an SPR and a G3 clone.

Will there time and place for other shooting? pistols and shotguns? I have a couple cans and a 12ga.
View Quote

Page 1 has links to the challenge thread with all the rules.

You need to sign up.  Thread for that is coming very soon.  Tomorrow?  Friday?

The range is going to be closed.  Just MOA shooting.  Now, if we finish early, then we can shoot. If you just want to put a few rounds through a gun, we can direct you to a spot about 1/2 mile away so as not to disturb the other shooters.  

Working 3rd shift.... I never know how much I will get done during the day.

I potato... Not gonna try linking with this now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've been reading the MOA challenge thread over on the precision rifle general board here and can't find where LaRue is giving triggers to everyone who shoots sub MOA for the challenge other than the post that included those who had already submitted when he posted.....
I still think the GAHTF shoot is great even if we get nothing but the chance to get together, but it would be nice to know....
View Quote

This is the only active place (that I know of) where you have a chance to win a trigger.  The give away is over for the MOA challenge thread.  You can still enter the challenge on your own, but no prizes will be awarded.

I am really looking forward to this. I think it will be a lot of fun even if you only get a dillo and some BBQ we have some serious precision shooters that have expressed an interest in this.  You could learn a lot from these guys! (I know I am planning on that)

Caution..... Attending this shoot may give you an irreversible case of "gottagetoneofthose".  The treatment for that condition can be very pricey!

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:22:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is the only active place (that I know of) where you have a chance to win a trigger.  The give away is over for the MOA challenge thread.  You can still enter the challenge on your own, but no prizes will be awarded.

I am really looking forward to this. I think it will be a lot of fun even if you only get a dillo and some BBQ we have some serious precision shooters that have expressed an interest in this.  You could learn a lot from these guys! (I know I am planning on that)

Caution..... Attending this shoot may give you an irreversible case of "gottagetoneofthose".  The treatment for that condition can be very pricey!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only money!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

....Oh, I agree that the get together would be great no matter what....and I * KNOW *  I will be able to learn from some that have a whole lot more experience than I....It's been over 30 years since the high school rifle team and I can't remember what I had for dinner last night...Damn age....

...And to clarify, I didn't intend to question the prize list, just wondered how it connected to the 'official' MOA challenge over there....The fact that the HTF shoot is a seperate deal clears that up....That's what I get for posting tired.....

....As for the 'gottagetoneofthose' disease, I've already started apologizing to the wife.....priming the pump you know....  Of course, she also said 'Sounds like fun...Maybe I will try for it next year if they do it again.'....Hehehehehe....Gotta love a woman like that.....
I told her to register at ARFCOM and she can shoot THIS year....She usually outshoots me anyway....
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#17]
ok...  some rules we have settled on (in addition to the rules stated in the MOA Challenge thread)

we have settled on a 15 minute time limit per round (soft, not hard rule)  kind of like using a sun dial for the timer  If we are done with the round early, we can get more rounds in for the day.  

Shoot your first class with your own weapon and gear.  Then you can beg and borrow.

You have to post your proof in the MOA challenge thread to earn your gear.  I'm sure there will be plenty of cameras on hand.  

You can enter multiple classes.  Only the Chef gets to cut the line and shoot whenever he wants to.  There are no reservations for times.  First come, first serve.  You will not shoot from the same spot twice in a row, unless no one is waiting for that spot.  

How will it work?   Cold... Group "A" set up your targets... double check the line and range - pull the buckets - hot - shoot - go cold and put out the buckets - fetch targets.  Repeat.  Go admire your target, while group  "B" is shooting, and group "C" is getting ready.  

Range officers.... yeah... you are all one of them!  It is very simple... You all are looking out for the safety of yourself and those around you.  See something unsafe?  speak up RFN!  If you're the type to keep your mouth shut if you see something dangerous, you better get over that before you show up.  

I think (hope) there will be a sea of pop up tents there, so you should be able to shoot in the shade.

eta...

You may do a +1 on the sign up, but you have to be able to post your results in the MOA Challenge thread.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I have not fully read the other thread. Do I have to over their n sign up? Or we just do our own group sign ul.?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I was thinking this was happening during/at the HTF shoot later in Sept., which is why I was asking about shooting other guns. This is a couple hour drive for me, so I'll have to think about it. Sounds fun, but will be an all day trip for me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

ok...  some rules we have settled on (in addition to the rules stated in the MOA Challenge thread)

we have settled on a 15 minute time limit per round (soft, not hard rule)  kind of like using a sun dial for the timer  If we are done with the round early, we can get more rounds in for the day.  

Shoot your first class with your own weapon and gear.  Then you can beg and borrow.

You have to post your proof in the MOA challenge thread to earn your gear.  I'm sure there will be plenty of cameras on hand.  

You can enter multiple classes.  Only the Chef gets to cut the line and shoot whenever he wants to.  There are no reservations for times.  First come, first serve.  You will not shoot from the same spot twice in a row, unless no one is waiting for that spot.  

How will it work?   Cold... Group "A" set up your targets... double check the line and range - pull the buckets - hot - shoot - go cold and put out the buckets - fetch targets.  Repeat.  Go admire your target, while group  "B" is shooting, and group "C" is getting ready.  

Range officers.... yeah... you are all one of them!  It is very simple... You all are looking out for the safety of yourself and those around you.  See something unsafe?  speak up RFN!  If you're the type to keep your mouth shut if you see something dangerous, you better get over that before you show up.  

I think (hope) there will be a sea of pop up tents there, so you should be able to shoot in the shade.

eta...

You may do a +1 on the sign up, but you have to be able to post your results in the MOA Challenge thread.

View Quote

Everything sounds good.  Is there going to be a limit on the number of people signing up?

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

...I've already laid hands on the 10 X 20 shelter for the Fall Shoot so that's one.....Just needs a few sets of hands to set up and take down....
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#22]
This is a different shoot than the fall HTF shoot at the Angry Emu Range.  That will be the 'normal' htf shoot y'all are thinking about.

There will be a limit to the # of people.... 50-?.  depends on how many classes each person wants to shoot.  I think we can get 150 targets shot throughout the day.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#24]
21 of 50 spots claimed.   Posting in this thread that you are in, doesn't count.

If there is time, you can re-shoot or borrow and shoot, as much as you would like.  I know I am planning on bringing an extra gun or 2 just in case there is extra time before the BBQ.  

For each round we can have...
100 yards -  2 people prone and 1 sitting at the bench, or prone under the bench (skinny people only.  lol)
50 yards - 2 people
25 yards - 3-4 people.  

There is no bench at 25 or 50.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok....So here's what I got for the MOA shoot shirt design....Ya'll let me know what you think...any suggestions you got are welcome.....

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]
(Moved from other thread)
Quoted:
It just looks busy to me. Maybe drop the ruler, the measurements, the paper in the background, and redundant logos/ extra GAHTF tag. instead of shooting BFL's make them Dillos that is if Mark is cool with that. maybe drop the 2015 and replace it with a larger LaRue logo? or make the top LaRue Tactical MOA All Day Challenge? one last thing what is the logo in the bottom left?
it's still about 100 times better than i could do.
View Quote

I see where you're going... The intent was to show a target as if scored for the shoot (without knowing what the targets will actually look like) so that's where the paper look, LaRue ruler, extra logos, etc. comes from.... The logo at bottom left is Gahunter95's range logo (North Fork Gun Range....if he likes it that is ) ....
All comments are welcome and this certainly isn't the only choice or the only possible design....just ONE starting point.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know how it would print but I really like the scored target!

Ruler might be too much but who cares it's your design and I approve!
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm with you Gajeep. I like it. It takes a minute to figure out the ruler, but it makes sense!

Maybe make the targets a bit larger so there's not quite so much blank space in the center, but I'd vote for it, AND wear it, as is!!!!

But I'd never be able to claim it was my target.....    
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm with you Gajeep. I like it. It takes a minute to figure out the ruler, but it makes sense!

Maybe make the targets a bit larger so there's not quite so much blank space in the center, but I'd vote for it, AND wear it, as is!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...The worst part about the target is (other than the HTF, LaRue and NFGR parts at the bottom ) that IS one of the targets for the Arfcom MOA All Day Challenge...
..I printed some off to practice with last weekend...After squinting at it for a while, I walked back downrange and changed it out for my usual target...

..That does raise a question for our organizer of this thing.....GaHunter, is there any limitations on the target we use?....I know the official MOA thread offers several targets to use, and the rules state; "1. ONE sheet of paper, 8.5”x11” preferred and it MUST HAVE ALL 5 targets." but some of the entries don't look like any of those, so......As long as we have five targets on the sheet, are we good?....
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
...The worst part about the target is (other than the HTF, LaRue and NFGR parts at the bottom ) that IS one of the targets for the Arfcom MOA All Day Challenge...

..I printed some off to practice with last weekend...After squinting at it for a while, I walked back downrange and changed it out for my usual target...

..That does raise a question for our organizer of this thing.....GaHunter, is there any limitations on the target we use?....I know the official MOA thread offers several targets to use, and the rules state; "1. ONE sheet of paper, 8.5”x11” preferred and it MUST HAVE ALL 5 targets." but some of the entries don't look like any of those, so......As long as we have five targets on the sheet, are we good?....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I put a 1" shoot and see on mine. It helps my old eyes tremendously.

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

we will use regulation targets... but if you want to modify them with orange stickers... go right ahead!  

less than 5 weeks to go!

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ok....So here's what I got for the MOA shoot shirt design....Ya'll let me know what you think...any suggestions you got are welcome.....

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/901/piq6jg.jpg
View Quote

Speaking of t-shirts, any progress on this? I would be in for one!  I like the design.

What do we need to get these done?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#33]
4 weeks to go!

Get your gear ready!  Or at least get your excuses ready!  

Crickets chirping.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I still need to find a scope!

Anyone wanna trade a  Nikon p300 for a good 2-10 or higher?

MFF: don't ban me bro! Not a wanted add just a, help me win a trigger request!
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm seriously thinking of hitting the optometrist beforehand.  My eyes can't see the little stuff at distance like they used to and I'm not even that old. I've always had great vision and see fine, guess I'm afraid to find out how bad it's starting to get.

Pre-excuse on record.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm seriously thinking of hitting the optometrist beforehand.  My eyes can't see the little stuff at distance like they used to and I'm not even that old. I've always had great vision and see fine, guess I'm afraid to find out how bad it's starting to get.

Pre-excuse on record.
View Quote

Nope, sorry....cpl and I have already called the "I can't see the target" excuse....(see above).
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nope, sorry....cpl and I have already called the "I can't see the target" excuse....(see above).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre-excuse on record.

I have a few weeks, I can come up with something else I'm sure. Like if I do get some extra eyes by then, I could suppose that I wouldn't be used to them quite yet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have a few weeks, I can come up with something else I'm sure. Like if I do get some extra eyes by then, I could suppose that I wouldn't be used to them quite yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre-excuse on record.

I just had lasik done two weeks ago so any human error for me is out the window. I'm kinda excited to "see" how I do; since my eyes were always the weak link.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yo, resend that latest email to me ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
4 weeks to go!

Get your gear ready!  Or at least get your excuses ready!  

Crickets chirping.

Yo, resend that latest email to me ...

Done
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I just had lasik done two weeks ago so any human error for me is out the window. I'm kinda excited to "see" how I do; since my eyes were always the weak link.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pre-excuse on record.

Nice!  Congrats on the new eyes!

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Went to the range today at Elberton.  Had to sight in 3 rifles.  

Not a good outing.

My RR .308:  I had the barrel threaded so I could install the Trifecta Mount for my Specwar.  I guess between the barrel work that was done and removing the Scope/Larue QD mount was just enough to totally lose zero.  I figured it would need tweaking, but at the beginning I was not even on paper at 100 yards.  WTF?
Add in the suppressor, and it totally changes again, so I will have to iron that out too.

My 6.8SPC piston AR:  Also had barrel work done to clean up the threads from a piss poor pin and weld muzzle brake job that had to be removed again so I could ad the suppressor mount.  Again. total loss of zero, but at least on paper at 100 yards.
This shoots really well with the suppressor added, so it may be my go to.

Also took a 5.56 AR with a new complete upper by LWRC.  It would not cycle!  Again WTF!  Got home and checked it out.  Has gas, BCG looks/acts fine.  It may be the heavy buffer that I was running, but that will have to wait for the next range trip to find out.   I will be smart and take some spare parts with me this time to properly trouble shoot.

At this point I'm pissed.  I fatigued from tromping up and down the range a few times and shooting a bunch of .308 rounds to finally get a zero.  I only had a few sighting targets and a few on the MOA targets, so used lots of tape!

So, after all this I couldn't get a group for nothing.  I strung them out.  I had 3 good ones and 2 flyers.  You name it, it happened.

Long story short.  I won't walking away with top prize in a few weeks, that's for sure!

Going again on Thursday to see if I can get any better results.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Went to the range today at Elberton.  Had to sight in 3 rifles.  

Not a good outing.

My RR .308:  I had the barrel threaded so I could install the Trifecta Mount for my Specwar.  I guess between the barrel work that was done and removing the Scope/Larue QD mount was just enough to totally lose zero.  I figured it would need tweaking, but at the beginning I was not even on paper at 100 yards.  WTF?
Add in the suppressor, and it totally changes again, so I will have to iron that out too.

My 6.8SPC piston AR:  Also had barrel work done to clean up the threads from a piss poor pin and weld muzzle brake job that had to be removed again so I could ad the suppressor mount.  Again. total loss of zero, but at least on paper at 100 yards.
This shoots really well with the suppressor added, so it may be my go to.

Also took a 5.56 AR with a new complete upper by LWRC.  It would not cycle!  Again WTF!  Got home and checked it out.  Has gas, BCG looks/acts fine.  It may be the heavy buffer that I was running, but that will have to wait for the next range trip to find out.   I will be smart and take some spare parts with me this time to properly trouble shoot.

At this point I'm pissed.  I fatigued from tromping up and down the range a few times and shooting a bunch of .308 rounds to finally get a zero.  I only had a few sighting targets and a few on the MOA targets, so used lots of tape!

So, after all this I couldn't get a group for nothing.  I strung them out.  I had 3 good ones and 2 flyers.  You name it, it happened.

Long story short.  I won't walking away with top prize in a few weeks, that's for sure!

Going again on Thursday to see if I can get any better results.

View Quote

I may be able to help with that.  IM sent
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#44]
The chef is out.  Jeep has volunteered to do some smoking if I haul out his smoker (no problem!).

I would say to bring your own lunch and snacks for the day, and we can feast at the end of the shoot, enjoy a campfire and spirits.  Potluck?  I wouldn't want to make Jeep start cooking at 4 am just so we could have a bbq lunch.  Also... bring your own drinks.  I have a fridge on site, but that could fill up fast with water, beer and food.  Plan on using a cooler for your stuff.  Give your sammich makers notice!

Thoughts???  Lunch vs dinner???
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#45]
0400 on a Saturday?

I don't think that even exists!
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The chef is out.  Jeep has volunteered to do some smoking if I haul out his smoker (no problem!).

I would say to bring your own lunch and snacks for the day, and we can feast at the end of the shoot, enjoy a campfire and spirits.  Potluck?  I wouldn't want to make Jeep start cooking at 4 am just so we could have a bbq lunch.  Also... bring your own drinks.  I have a fridge on site, but that could fill up fast with water, beer and food.  Plan on using a cooler for your stuff.  Give your sammich makers notice!

Thoughts???  Lunch vs dinner???
View Quote

You make good points for BYO lunch and then feast for dinner.....That being said, I don't know how late Meme and I will be hanging out....Long haul there and back and more benches to build for the Fall Shoot.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks again GAhunter95 for the use of your range this AM.  Made my decision easier on what gun and ammo I'm going to go with.

Finally when I got home, I figured out why that AR would not cycle.  Whoever assembled that upper from LWRC must have lost his allen wrenchs, because the gas block was so loose I moved it by hand.  It was not even slightly tight.  I also re-torqued the the allen screws on the gas key and properly staked them.

It's pretty bad when you buy a barreled upper from one company and a full auto BCG from another company and both are assembled poorly.  What is up with quality assurance these days??

Upper is LWRC and BCG was Palmetto State BTW
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thanks again GAhunter95 for the use of your range this AM.  Made my decision easier on what gun and ammo I'm going to go with.

Finally when I got home, I figured out why that AR would not cycle.  Whoever assembled that upper from LWRC must have lost his allen wrenchs, because the gas block was so loose I moved it by hand.  It was not even slightly tight.  I also re-torqued the the allen screws on the gas key and properly staked them.

It's pretty bad when you buy a barreled upper from one company and a full auto BCG from another company and both are assembled poorly.  What is up with quality assurance these days??

View Quote

Is it a "Colt" LWRC? If so; I predicted their quality would plummet after being acquired by Colt.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are quite welcome.  That was a good learning experience.  Even though it looked fine, it wasn't!

I learned I am going to have to up my excuse game

Thanks for helping mow.

3 weeks to go!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is it a "Colt" LWRC? If so; I predicted their quality would plummet after being acquired by Colt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bought it several months ago form CDDN for $329.  Not sure if it was a Colt build or not??
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top