Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2015 11:06:34 PM EDT
My wife, 12-year old son, and I would like to do a little fishing this summer on the weekends. We don't care about keeping the fish and would likely throw what we do catch back in the water. Are there any good spots or any ponds on some land we could try out?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There's one on Macland Rd near Poplar Springs. Not sure what the deal is but there is usually a few folks there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's one on Macland Rd near Poplar Springs. Not sure what the deal is but there is usually a few folks there.
View Quote

Left hand side of Macland east of Poplar Springs?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
We use to go to the back of that park west on 120. Beefier Wal-Mart....Just can't for the life of me remember the name!

But really take Barrett to the dug out. I started taking Cayden there before he was 2. Stocked pond and as hyper as he is would sit for hours fishing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the one
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We use to go to the back of that park west on 120. Beefier Wal-Mart....Just can't for the life of me remember the name!

But really take Barrett to the dug out. I started taking Cayden there before he was 2. Stocked pond and as hyper as he is would sit for hours fishing.
View Quote

Lost Mountain Park I think. Someone else recommended the dugout too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
White Oak Park in Dallas has two stocked lakes. No charge to fish there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies guys
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

I probably accompany y'all on Macland, morning and afternoon.  

Are y'all the type who count on a kind hearted fool letting y'all over at the last second where Macland turns to one lane at the Church?  
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are y'all the type who count on a kind hearted fool letting y'all over at the last second where Macland turns to one lane at the Church?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm northeast of that spot near where Dallas Hwy does the same thing at John Ward going east and luckily I get to turn right at the intersection. Depending on how far you go on Macland, I might see you at Powder Springs and Windy Hill though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't give up on Altoona.

I always put in a boat, but there's a lot of pretty parks at Kellogg Creek, Tanyard, or even Red Top Mtn.

Most of that is in Cherokee, but not by much.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a catfish pond on south sweet water. Just north of lithia springs. Pay by the pound. Not sure what it costs to not keep any.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top