Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2015 4:11:44 PM EDT
Just hit the news here. They are useless.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, have no clue what their problem is....
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#2]
According to GCO, the same legislator that said he "didn't want a bunch of untrained yahoos from GA carrying in SC" attached a constitutional carry rider to the bill so it would die. GCO alluded to the fact that they are going to file suit under the issue of deprivation of rights of citizenship between states.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to GCO, the same legislator that said he "didn't want a bunch of untrained yahoos from GA carrying in SC" attached a constitutional carry rider to the bill so it would die. GCO alluded to the fact that they are going to file suit under the issue of deprivation of rights of citizenship between states.
View Quote

Send them some letters stating that you, as un untrained yahoo from Georgia, will be canceling your planned vacation in Myrtle Beach in order to go to Daytona or PCB because they don't insult you, and recognize your CCW.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course. Elitist fuck. What's his name?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to one of the SC trainers that said he testified at a hearing against the bill. Ha was unable to give me any proof that the lack of a training requirement caused problems in GA. All I got was a response would I want to be on the road with unlicensed "not tested" drivers. All that came to my mind was I was on the road every day with them . Unlicensed scooters allowed in SC and bicycle riders.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I talked to one of the SC trainers that said he testified at a hearing against the bill. Ha was unable to give me any proof that the lack of a training requirement caused problems in GA. All I got was a response would I want to be on the road with unlicensed "not tested" drivers. All that came to my mind was I was on the road every day with them . Unlicensed scooters allowed in SC and bicycle riders.
View Quote

Should have asked if he had the proper training to get his free speech license, and his religion selection license. Can't have the untrained, unwashed masses speaking their minds or following the religion of their choice without proper training, can we?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#7]
That's why my family and I do not travel there or even drive through the state on our way to our destination.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Ed Strong said that 16 people paid for a SC instructor to come to Fayetteville and give them the class. All passed and applied for the SC CCW. They were denied because they were not property owners in SC.  That thinking is why Charleston now belongs to the FSA, among various other things.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would think that would push it through.  I knew there was GA-SC issues, but I didn't realize Carolina is so 'hey, look at me!!' about it.

Just pass a Southeastern Conference bylaw that requires all member universities come from states that reciprocate.  Git em where it hurts, football.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Such BS from SC....NC has no problems with GA's yet they require training as well. Thankfully, I don't have to travel much through SC but when I do to abide by their laws, I'm at more potential risk.

My understanding is that GA isn't recognizing SC's until they change. While we're on the subject, VA has a stick up their ass about GA's for the same reason.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
A lot of states have various training requirements and never have an issue yet SC does. The training is so basic and I will bet the fail rate is close to zero .
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn't SC one of those states where you see a lot of middle-aged men on unlicensed scooters and mopeds because of DUI convictions?
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Isn't SC one of those states where you see a lot of middle-aged men on unlicensed scooters and mopeds because of DUI convictions?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DUI??? In SC??? Never heard of em, I would have to see proof of such foolishness.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're leaving off illegal aliens...

Wonder if the trainer is related to Zumbo.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#15]
After living in CHS for 15 years and to this day travel there quite a bit (getting married there in Sept), this infuriates me.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in Augusta and try to limit my time in SC. Being so close we get a lot of SC residents over here (GA is leaps and bounds nicer) and I assure anyone who is wondering, a licensed SC driver on Georgia roads poses ten times the threat that a GA WCL holder ever would carrying a weapon in SC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top