Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 6:46:27 PM EDT
I've got questions if you do.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I do...what questions do you seek?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
How accurate is the non restaurant calorie count?  I've been using it for about a week and the count seems low to me. I'm eating out of my freezer and didn't save the nutrition info.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How accurate is the non restaurant calorie count?  I've been using it for about a week and the count seems low to me. I'm eating out of my freezer and didn't save the nutrition info.
View Quote

Have you tried paleo diet yet?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. I'm going to start by eating better.  I've cut out most taters and breads. I'm doing my damnedest not to eat processed food. My calorie intake is down a considerable amount. The weight is dropping. I just can't believe the calorie count on this app is right.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been using tha "lose it" app for about 6 months....down 30 pounds.  I had no clue as to the crazy amount of calories I was eating.  Crap I thought was healthy was not so much.  It sucks for a while but once I got used to the reduced calories I started getting full eating much less.  It helps a lot to eat slow.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good question, I don't really use that part of it. I pretty much follow a Paleo diet and have for a while so I know what's bad to eat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I use it. It has surprised me in a lot of ways. I set it to lose 1lb per week and I've lost 3.8lbs over the course of a month, so it must be pretty accurate. I'm crazy about being precise though. Everything gets measured.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I use it. It has surprised me in a lot of ways. I set it to lose 1lb per week and I've lost 3.8lbs over the course of a month, so it must be pretty accurate. I'm crazy about being precise though. Everything gets measured.
View Quote
Same here. I'm in a competition with my girl. We both have it set for 1-1/2  a week. It's fairly close. Im losing way more and her just over. I'm amazed at how many calories some foods have while others not hardly any. Gonna try to get back to my fighting weight of around 225. 50 to go.

I started this year at just over 300. I changed some things and now I'm changing more. Using this app is kinda addictive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Jason,

I've used it a good bit in the past.  I dropped weight pretty quickly, then I got cocky and stopped recording foods.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Jason,

I've used it a good bit in the past.  I dropped weight pretty quickly, then I got cocky and stopped recording foods.
View Quote
I can see that. I've got to make a fundamental transformation.  

I wanna live to see my boy get old.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Same here. I'm in a competition with my girl. We both have it set for 1-1/2  a week. It's fairly close. Im losing way more and her just over. I'm amazed at how many calories some foods have while others not hardly any. Gonna try to get back to my fighting weight of around 225. 50 to go.    I started this year at just over 300. I changed some things and now I'm changing more. Using this app is kinda addictive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here. I'm in a competition with my girl. We both have it set for 1-1/2  a week. It's fairly close. Im losing way more and her just over. I'm amazed at how many calories some foods have while others not hardly any. Gonna try to get back to my fighting weight of around 225. 50 to go.    I started this year at just over 300. I changed some things and now I'm changing more. Using this app is kinda addictive.

I thought I should have been losing weight, but wasn't. After one day of using it, it made sense why I wasn't. My caloric intake had creeped back up to the 2500-2750 range. Cutting it down to 2000 has been fairly easy and I've found that the weight drops more consistently the closer I keep it to my target. Eating 1800-1900 per day makes my weight bounce up and down. Hitting right at 2000 makes it consistently trend downward.

It also made me realize some of my meals were huge (1800 calories in one meal) and that my protein levels were a lot lower than I thought.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats, keep up the good work
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I use it. I try to use the barcode scanner wherever possible and measure when I cannot. If I eat out, I research what I'll order and input it in beforehand.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use it. I try to use the barcode scanner wherever possible and measure when I cannot. If I eat out, I research what I'll order and input it in beforehand.
View Quote

This. When I enter foods I create or order, I always cheat on the high side. I use mine in combination with my Fitbit. Just tracking what you eat makes a HUGE difference.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This. When I enter foods I create or order, I always cheat on the high side. I use mine in combination with my Fitbit. Just tracking what you eat makes a HUGE difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It definitely does. I'm getting worried at this point. I'm down a pound plus a day.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#17]
That should level out as you slim down more.  You have more to lose right now.  I've met you once years ago, but can't remember how tall?  I could see where that could affect the higher than expected daily weight loss.  Not that height matters, as much as body type.

My wife does WW and at one point had quite a bit to lose and she was dropping it really quick, in amounts that were nuts.  1 to 2lbs a day for a while, then it slowed a good bit, then slowed a LOT.  Now, it's a couple of lbs a month, when she pushes it.  At the same time, she started walking, initially with the thought of running again, but who likes to run?  So, she'll walk 5 miles at a whack a few times a week.  She was using a Fitbit and the WW online app (couple of bucks a month), but stopped using the Fitbit and now just uses the Nike walking app on her phone.

Me?  I do nothing.  Coach baseball and play softball.  Need to do more, like you, I have a boy(s) I need to see get old.

Congratulations on the work so far.
b

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a tall 5'9". I carry this weight well. I've never had anyone say I looked 300#'s. My doc lost a bet on my weight, he said 245. It still doesn't matter I've got to loose. I carried weight waivers the entire time I was in the Corps. Hell, I graduated boot camp on a weight waiver. They wanted me to weigh 186. That'll never happen alive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm a tall 5'9". I carry this weight well. I've never had anyone say I looked 300#'s. My doc lost a bet on my weight, he said 245. It still doesn't matter I've got to loose. I carried weight waivers the entire time I was in the Corps. Hell, I graduated boot camp on a weight waiver. They wanted me to weigh 186. That'll never happen alive.
View Quote

Have you tried meth ? It is a hell of a drug .
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think I need to. I'm down two pounds today.

Plus, I like my teef!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That should level out as you slim down more.  You have more to lose right now.  I've met you once years ago, but can't remember how tall?  I could see where that could affect the higher than expected daily weight loss.  Not that height matters, as much as body type.

My wife does WW and at one point had quite a bit to lose and she was dropping it really quick, in amounts that were nuts.  1 to 2lbs a day for a while, then it slowed a good bit, then slowed a LOT.  Now, it's a couple of lbs a month, when she pushes it.  At the same time, she started walking, initially with the thought of running again, but who likes to run?  So, she'll walk 5 miles at a whack a few times a week.  She was using a Fitbit and the WW online app (couple of bucks a month), but stopped using the Fitbit and now just uses the Nike walking app on her phone.

Me?  I do nothing.  Coach baseball and play softball.  Need to do more, like you, I have a boy(s) I need to see get old.

b

View Quote

What he said. When I started really trying to lose weight and got serious, I lost like 12lbs in 2 weeks. At the beginning, any improvement makes a difference quickly. As you slim down, it becomes more of a fight. You'll also hit some plateaus that defy all reason. Just keep at it and one day, the weight will start dropping again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What he said. When I started really trying to lose weight and got serious, I lost like 12lbs in 2 weeks. At the beginning, any improvement makes a difference quickly. As you slim down, it becomes more of a fight. You'll also hit some plateaus that defy all reason. Just keep at it and one day, the weight will start dropping again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

b

Yep, this aint my first rodeo. I hope it'll be my last.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:11:55 AM EDT
[#23]
For anybody who cares this is now a fat ass weight loss thread.

I'm down to 271.2.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#24]
That's awesome!  
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice! My goal is 175-180. I'm 188 now. I'm getting to the point I don't really care about the pounds anymore, just body fat % and getting ready for my next race.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Nice! My goal is 175-180. I'm 188 now. I'm getting to the point I don't really care about the pounds anymore, just body fat % and getting ready for my next race.
View Quote
Good luck. What kind of race?  I made myself a promise the day I was discharged from the Corps that I will never run again. That and three knee surgeries. I'll ride my bike though.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good luck. What kind of race?  I made myself a promise the day I was discharged from the Corps that I will never run again. That and three knee surgeries. I'll ride my bike though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mud obstacle races. I've done a couple warrior dash (5k), savage race (6 miles), and then just completed the Atlanta Tough Mudder (12 miles).
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#29]
265.6 as of tonight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
265.6 as of tonight.
View Quote

Awesome, I'll bet your feeling like a new man already that's a good bit of carry gone. By end of summer you'll be 225 and looking into a time portal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
265.6 as of tonight.
View Quote

Nice job!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
265.6 as of tonight.
View Quote

Congrats! Feels awesome seeing the numbers go down doesn't it? I started at 264 and was 181 this morning. I want to be sub-180 before going to CW5 next week. I figure the beer and crawfish will have me back up a few lbs by the time I get home.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#33]
263.2. I looked at my medical records and started at 303 on March the 12th. Lost 40 pounds in 11 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Keep it up! I go on vacation next week so after that I plan on working to drop the last 10 pounds I want.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#35]
After a weekend set back I'm at 262.2
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Shit happens when you can cook like you do. If I could eat a phatty any time I wanted even I would weigh over 300lb.  Still doing great, just stay on track.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice work! As of this morning, I'm back to 177. That is my pre-Cola Warrior weight. I was 182 when I got back home. All of that food and beer got me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Anybody making progress? I started lifting again, so I bumped my calories up to a maintenance level and really started focusing on my protein intake. My goal is 175g of protein on off days and 200g on days I lift.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#40]
No more I'm still at 252-255. I kinda just been maintaining lately. I'm gonna hit it hard again here directly.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm making progress, June 3 I was just under 310 today I'm weighing in at 292.6. Want to get in shape and be a cola warrior
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Any of y'all want to link up on MFP? It might help keep everybody motivated if everyone else can call them slack asses when they aren't staying on track.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Any of y'all want to link up on MFP? It might help keep everybody motivated if everyone else can call them slack asses when they aren't staying on track.
View Quote
Nope, I don't wanna be called out on my slack assedness

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just think of it as boot camp light.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I am Big_Tex78 for now anyway I hope to be smaller_Tex before too long
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been using MFP for ~4 weeks. I lost ~10 lbs in 3 weeks... but been flat for a week. Need to change things up, I suppose. Need to lose another 20 to get back where I'd like to be.

Calorie counting has definitely been an eye opener. First week or two, felt like crap. Body is used to the lower calorie count now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top