Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2015 9:28:50 AM EDT
OK we screwed up.

After initial release of the Glock PMAG 17 GL9 a few days ago we started seeing random issues of failure to feed with the new magazine in other Glock models, primarily the Glock 19 and 26. Of all the challenges of building a Glock magazine with a single new composite, issues like drop free, impact strength and feed lip retention were foremost on our mind. The failure to feed came as a bit of a surprise to us and we immediately headed out to the range to investigate.

In short order we found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should.

So as I said before, we screwed up and here is what we are going to do about it.

Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4th, 2015. These will be date coded 5/15 or later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower, and floor plate with the new body.

If you purchased your magazines direct from Magpul, Brownells or Midway, you do not need to do anything, replacement magazine bodies for the magazines ordered (1 for 1) will be shipped to you automatically.
If you purchased your magazines from a gun store, replacement bodies will be sent out to the store in question for you to pick up.
If neither of the above works for you then Magpul customer service will handle the replacement directly.
In short, we are updating ALL of the affected magazines released as quick as we possibly can.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO -Magpul Industries Corp
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Good on them

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't bitch about that. ... but somebody will.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't bitch about that. ... but somebody will.
View Quote

I am sure the people at magpul are bitching about it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Regardless of what people think of them, they are a stand up company that has been producing great products for a while now.  They will make it right, and I will buy a ton of those new mags.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Regardless of what people think of them, they are a stand up company that has been producing great products for a while now.  They will make it right, and I will buy a ton of those new mags.
View Quote

What advantages do they offer over the Glock factory mags, which can be had for 20-25 dollars each?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What advantages do they offer over the Glock factory mags, which can be had for 20-25 dollars each?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like list price is $15.95

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag%C2%AE-17-gl9-%E2%80%93-glock%C2%AE-g17
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered 4 from DSG for around $13 each.  DSG is supposed to be sending out replacement bodies at the first of May to everyone that ordered from them.  Good on Magpul and DSG for making things right.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like list price is $15.95

https://www.magpul.com/products/pmag%C2%AE-17-gl9-%E2%80%93-glock%C2%AE-g17

A $10 savings per mag is what they offer, and being a mag whore who has worn out his fair share of Glock mags, this matters to me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't expect it to happen but I'd love it if they started making M&P mags as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
A few advantages over the factory mag......how important those differences are is totally up to you.

"Easily removable floorplate for cleaning, paint pen dot matrix for mag marking, ridged floorplate edges for better grip"

I really like the removable and ridged floorplate, at least from the pics.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the paint dots.... Helps me with my poor handwriting skills! I might be able to read these
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A few advantages over the factory mag......how important those differences are is totally up to you.

"Easily removable floorplate for cleaning, paint pen dot matrix for mag marking, ridged floorplate edges for better grip"

View Quote

You mean we're supposed to clean our mags?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those are pretty significant advantages.

How durable do you think they are? Given the metal liner of the Glock factory mags vs the polymer mag lips of the magpuls?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#14]
When are they going to make the fortay rounds?

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How durable do you think they are? Given the metal liner of the Glock factory mags vs the polymer mag lips of the magpuls?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will most assuredly find out their durability. I seem to be a killer of pistol magazines in general.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Id like to see them offer colors, for training mags and such.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Id like to see them offer colors, for training mags and such.
View Quote

And bright pink to match your calculators?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]
45 acp foot-longs
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Hah!  

I just had all my P229 training mags Cerakoted blaze orange by Dobbs Defense. They kept rusting, weren't always easy to find on some ranges and when training with co-workers my mags would get mixed with theirs. Problem solved!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top