Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2015 10:05:55 AM EDT
I just heard that Ms. Ann passed away, yesterday. She was an incredible lady and if you have never had a Ghetto Burger, you missed the best burger in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Where is this place at?  Ive worked downtown for 20 years and never heard of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is this place at?  Ive worked downtown for 20 years and never heard of it.
View Quote

Memorial Dr near Kirkwood
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
This is in my neighborhood (Kirkwood). She was an iconic figure.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That is one of the neatest places in Atlanta. Ms Ann was a very cool lady she was old school by the book and to the poing and didnt put up with any BS !
She will be missed she as an Atlanta icon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
RIP Miss Ann.

Ghetto Burgers were awesome.

FYI  _ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann's_Snack_Bar
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Ann was the first woman to be awarded an SBA loan in Atlanta. I would say that she did pretty good with it. She ran the place for 40+ years.

Any time that I took my kids with me to eat there, I tried to go later in the lunch hour, when she wasn't so busy. I enjoyed sitting and talking to her. She was tough as nails and an incredible lady. My daughters thought the world of her.

I hope that someone continues to run the place, but I am not getting my hopes up. The Ghetto Burger was damned near a religious experience. It really is that good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have lived in Metro Atlanta for 22 years and I am still amazed at the amount of "hole in the wall" places that I still discover. Many times I want to kick myself for not finding them earlier.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#8]
That is unfortunate.  She made a lot of people happy while running her business.  I should have gone there again this year.  :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top