Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Better late than never, but I'm finally leaving the house.  At this rate I won't be in the area until nearly 10pm.  I'll check here when I get to Union Point to see if I've missed the social activities for the evening.  If so, I'll just stay in Union Point and see you guys in the AM.

-bob
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Fire .... Check
Mason jar.... Check
Empty chair .... Check
Son of emu and his special spice Jaegermeister..... Check

Cmon out!!

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for a GREAT time GAhunter! Was a pleasure to catch up with you again!!! What happened to all you weenies from the HTF that missed tonight's campfire?!? S'mores for a dozen, a quart of North Carolina's finest apple pie, a 12 pack of ciders, a bottle of Jagermeister, and only three lonely souls available to tackle it all?!?
We made a small dent in the aforementioned, but HTF help was definately in order!!! Lets hope we can muster a few more for the fall campfires!!!

We made it home AOK, though we had patrol cars attached to my rear bumper for several miles on two occasions. Once in Union Point, and once in Greene County.
You guys take it easy getting to GAhunter's place! The locals must be running low on $$$....

Wish I could make the shoot, but duty calls. Gotta work the shop on the morrow.

Thanks again, GAhunter, for hosting another campfire! It sure is a joy to kick back and relax for an evening at your place! Hoping you can come this way in the fall!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Leaving in 30 minutes, be there about 10 a.m.

My kids ended up going to my in-laws house for a few weeks, so substituting with Mrs. YourCoWorker.

Bringing UZI SMG, MK18 SBR w/can, Colt .308 w/Mark 6 and can.

Can't stay all evening. I'll have to run by 4:00.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
How's it going out there? Any fires, police, major explosions?

Edited for iPhone auto incorrect.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Mike! We had a great time! Look forward to doing it again...
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
GAHUNTER95,
Thank you so much for having us out today.  That was a great time and it was nice to finally meet some of the HTF folks in person.  Thanks to everyone who brought out food for lunch too, everything was excellent.  Looking forward to next time already.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, had a great time.  Looking forward to the next one.  Except the part about cleaning 6 rifles when I get home of course.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#9]
sorry double tap
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Mike, thanks a million for hosting again, i'm truly grateful for you allowing this wacky crew of ARFCOMMERS to come out and shoot As always it's awesome to meet new people folks, looks like the Athens area has some solid guys. thanks everyone for treating the wife well and letting her shoot the tannerite in the smoker. Big thanks to Mike for allowing Jodi to shoot the 50bmg, she is saving the brass from that. as always i enjoyed seeing everyone again, we have a really decent group in the GaHTF, i hate i missed Steve(Emu), i always look forward to these events, Blonco Diablo really enjoyed the day, Seth i'm glad you got your potato salad . Huge thanks for the sausages and sides, lunch was fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#11]
You are welcome and thanks to all of you who made the day happen!  There were a lot of man hours put in by the HTF to get this new lane built, and to rebuild the 100 yard backstop.   It was a great day!  Good group of people and the new lane worked out well.

Things I learned from this shoot...

1.  a 50 cal will break the filament on all lightbulbs within 40 feet.  It can also knock over a bucket of soybeans inside the conex.
2.  beware the cider.... and mason jars... and be on double alert when someone shows up with chilled shot glasses!  Whew... that was a close one.  Good thing there was one adult on hand to keep us under control.  
3.  make sure KingTiger, GandyDancer and Vote are on the invite list!  Thanks again for the good food.  I don't know who brought the pasta salad or the chips, but those hit the spot as well!  
4.  pop up tents are not a luxury item, they are a necessity.  
6.  pine can be a lot of fun.  Next time I am going to plant a 10" pine right in front of the tires.
7.  I think the new parking system worked very well.  

Things the range still needs... bolo for...

1.  more firehose.  
2.  I could use another 1/2 dozen pieces of steel for the long range.  Let me know if you see any good deals on them.
3. an electric cement mixer.  (redgoat would approve of this I bet)
4.  fans - big ones.  squirrel cages or freestanding.  
5.  interesting targets.  
6.  cheap labor... the 50 and 150 backstops need to get rebuilt, and a frame put in at the berm so i can have a better target selection at the 220 line.  There is always mowing, trimming, firewood duty, electrical and building an outdoor shower....

if anyone needs some fresh pine boughs... let me know!

So when should we do it again!?  

For those who attended...

If you have any suggestions as to what I / we could have done to make the shoot better, please reply or send me a message.

What are your thoughts on the size of the crowd?   Someone said we had 22 people at one point.  

Did you like the quiet shoot?

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Sucks I had to miss this
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Mike, i think the crowd was just right. the parking was spot on.

if your having work days in the future, if there on a Saturday i'm not working i would be happy to come out and help

again, really enjoyed hanging with everyone, even Joe
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear it went well, hate I missed it. Looks like y'all had a good time. See you all in the fall.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Sucks I missed it, if time permits next work day I will make a trek out if needed (who doesn't always want free labor ). Glad y'all had a good time, next one will be upon us soon it seems .
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Everything went well .  Good company .  Good weather .  Good food .  And ended safely .  

Don't get much better then that .

Thanks to Mike for use of his place .  Which is pretty darn neat .

gd
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#17]
GD can you ask Mrs GD for the potato dish recipe? It was yummy.

Mike, the pasta dish my wife made.

VFR, tell Jodi thanks! It tasted even better today at lunch in the AC!

GA Hunter a few more of those squirrel cage fans hung from the roof would do the trick! Thanks again for letting us use your place.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GD can you ask Mrs GD for the potato dish recipe? It was yummy.

Mike, the pasta dish my wife made.

VFR, tell Jodi thanks! It tasted even better today at lunch in the AC!

GA Hunter a few more of those squirrel cage fans hung from the roof would do the trick! Thanks again for letting us use your place.
View Quote

Here is the recipe for the Hash Brown Potato Casserole .

The ingredients .

2 lb of frozen hash brown potatoes .

1 pint of sour cream .

1 can of cream of chicken soup . or cream of mushroom soup .

2 cups of grated cheddar cheese .

1/2 cup diced onions

1 stick of butter .  Real butter .

1 teaspoon of salt .

1/2 teaspoon of pepper .

Instructions ,

defrost potatoes thoroughly and mix with melted stick of butter

In a separate bowl Combine soup , cheese , sour cream , onion , salt and pepper  .

Then Mix with the potatoes and pour into a large greased casserole dish .

Top with additional grated cheese .

Bake at 350 degrees for an 1 hour .

Hint , make sure the frozen potatoes are almost at room temp.   If you don't the melted butter will not mix properly .

gd
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sucks I had to miss this
View Quote

Woops.... forgot to comment on this....

Sorry you missed it as well.  There were several people that had to cancel at the last minute.  Don't worry.... we ate your share of the food

Hopefully next time.... Not just you gooch, but all the others who had life throw them a curveball.  It happens.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#20]
This sounds like it was a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#21]
No pics??

Sorry I couldn't make it. Hell, I didn't even ask this time...I was right in the middle of getting my first house sold when the shoot was going on and we're also working on getting the wife's first house/rental property sold. Also doing what I can to help my stepson's Eagle Scout Project along.

Busy, busy...
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No pics??

Sorry I couldn't make it. Hell, I didn't even ask this time...I was right in the middle of getting my first house sold when the shoot was going on and we're also working on getting the wife's first house/rental property sold. Also doing what I can to help my stepson's Eagle Scout Project along.

Busy, busy...
View Quote

we were asked not to post pics on Arfcom by the host, he made some good points
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top