BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 1:12:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
In before "I thought it was unloaded."  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
At least the dumb ass shot himself and not an innocent bystander.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Now the Anti-gunners have another reason to Ban Gun Shows!

Its just like the idiot that goes to a FTF and buys a firearm, checks it to make sure it is safe. Ends up buying it and BSing with the seller after the purchase. While BSing, he puts a magazine in the pistol and keeps talking. They finish their conversation, he goes back to his car with his new toy, racks the slide to make sure it is clear, no shell ejects, so he points the pistol at the floorboard on the passenger side and pulls the trigger. He is shocked when the pistol goes off leaving a hole in his floorboard!  

"I never loaded any magazines for this pistol before"! No, but the previous owner did!

First Rule of Gun Club: Even when a firearm is unloaded it is to be treated as if it were loaded!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't fool yourself, this happens way more than it should
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My son and I left there about 30 min before it happened. Apparently the gentleman was transitioning his CCW when it discharged.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Who is the show promoter? Also, where is the show, Horse Park? How was the show?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Who is the show promoter? Also, where is the show, Horse Park? How was the show?
View Quote
click the link in the OP dude............

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that news article tells me who the promoter was and how the show was.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're so grumpy these days sheriff. Have a snickers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't fooling a bit, just one more incident for them the list every time there is a Gun Show other then the "Background Check Loop Hole". I should have worded it different, more like "Great, one more thing to add to the list of why Gun Shows should be Banned!"

There are plenty of ADs everyday, some just have bigger consequences then others.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Me and telsonman were there when the guy from Prattville, AL shot his son in the head at the Eastman show in Norcross.

Bloodcurdling wail from the dad. I can still hear it. Kid just laying there on the ground under a table.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Me and telsonman were there when the guy from Prattville, AL shot his son in the head at the Eastman show in Norcross.

Bloodcurdling wail from the dad. I can still hear it. Kid just laying there on the ground under a table.
View Quote

Yeah. I think about that quite a bit. It was sad.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard the same thing from another who was there. He said that scream still haunts him.

I can't think of a worse thing to happen in life. Not a single thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Let me postulate what might have happened:

Man carrying a gun, concealed or not, showed up at gun show.  If it was concealed, somehow he spoke up about the gun, or if it wasn't concealed, someone asked to see it.  Maybe the door attendant asked him to unload it due to the scenario in my previous sentence.  So man drew the gun and proceed to unload it and got the sequence wrong, pointed the muzzle at some part of his body, got the finger on the trigger and boom, hole in body part and blood all over the place.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]
An official tells me he was in the parking lot in his car playing with himself and [bang].
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Not to get the thread off track, but what is SOP for CCW at the local gun shows?

Don't ask, don't tell?
Leave magazine/ammo at the entrance and zip tie slide open?
Leave it in the car?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not to get the thread off track, but what is SOP for CCW at the local gun shows?

Don't ask, don't tell?
Leave magazine/ammo at the entrance and zip tie slide open?
Leave it in the car?
View Quote

They genreally have a sign that states "No Loaded Weapons, No Loaded Clips ( ), and No Loose Ammo."  Usually there's an off duty LEO there to check weapons on entry, and they'll zip tie the action.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I heard that he was in the parking lot, re-holstering his CCW, and he snagged the trigger. Boom! Glock Leg!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, sorry to learn you guys were there for that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I was at a gun show recently where one of the off-duty police officers working security said they caught someone inside the show that entered with an AR-pistol with one in the chamber and a full magazine.  The person brought the pistol in with his backpack and was caught because they were showing it off to people at the back of the show.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Sorry, but you know?  Conyers these days.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top