Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2015 1:42:32 PM EDT
Anyone heard about this? Picked up the story on Drudge.  Link intentionally cold.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3013900/Fears-martial-law-special-ops-set-swarm-Southwest-operate-undetected-civilians-ve-deemed-HOSTILE-massive-military-exercise.html

I know off base is training is common, but I thought it was interesting the two states that were labeled "hostile."
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Operation Jade Helm.  1,200 personnel dropped in with weapons and blanks to infiltrate several Southwestern states.

I'd hate to be one of the infiltrators who snuck up to the wrong house in Texas at night.  What could go wrong with that?  

I would feel a lot better if they were dropping into the same states hot and practicing that they were enforcing our national boundaries.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing to see here folks, move along.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Operation Jade Helm.  1,200 personnel dropped in with weapons and blanks to infiltrate several Southwestern states.

I'd hate to be one of the infiltrators who snuck up to the wrong house in Texas at night.  What could go wrong with that?  

I would feel a lot better if they were dropping into the same states hot and practicing that they were enforcing our national boundaries.  
View Quote

Seriously give them real bullets and be done with it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nothing to see here folks, move along.
View Quote

agreed, some houses would be the wrong property, my 2 GSD's hate leaves blowing across their yard much less someone playing war games, what could go wrong
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not uncommon for SOF to do training out there in the real world.  The size of this one is not common though.  Usually these types of exercises are small scale and usually in the proximity of where SOF type units normally operate because local LEO is up to speed with what's happening.   I recall some SF guys getting shot and killed in NC back in the early 2000's by local LEO's who weren't briefed that these guys were training.  The SF guys thought that the LEO's were role players.

I agree with some of the earlier posts.  There's lots of room for fail with such a large scale operation out there among among a whole bunch of good citizens that are already highly defensive due to the influx of illegals/terrorists transiting through their backyards.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Original Here on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ChristianMeighan

They should have used the troops to clean up the beaches in Florida.

BTW. This should be moved to GD that way more people know about it. Also it wont be a dupe.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Am I wrong to be uncomfortable with this?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:40:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

No- because I'm not quite comfortable with it either.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Same here.  I'm wondering the motivation behind this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I personally don't like the idea one bit, hence my posting of it. Did someone post it in GD already?  Or do I need to?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I know 2 guys that are the know on this stuff, one is an arfcommers the other refuses to be

from what I've been told, this has been going on for decades, secret squirrel kinda stuff, one friend told me that this is standard training and nothing to worry about. I'm a tinfoil type guy so we pick on each other about this. but the people that are in the military that I know are split down the middle on this training.

maybe kudzu will stop be and explain better
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Same here.  I'm wondering the motivation behind this.
View Quote

With the marching of people through the streets......display of power. I hate to draw conspiracies but when the dots connect, kinda hard to deny it. Tin foil hat off now. :)
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Move north an hour and it's pretty common. Hell, Saturday I saw two busloads of ACU wearing men on the way home Saturday. Literally, nothing to see- pretty normal around Merrill.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Move north an hour and it's pretty common. Hell, Saturday I saw two busloads of ACU wearing men on the way home Saturday. Literally, nothing to see- pretty normal around Merrill.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't a Ranger camp near or based there?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All over Mt. Yonah
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, US Army Ranger Camp Frank D. Merrill, home of the 5th Ranger Training Battalion, where Mountain Phase of Ranger School is conducted.  North Georgia College also has a significant ROTC presence in the area.  When I was at GT Army ROTC, I made some of the initial contacts for us to be able to use the facilities at Camp Merrill for FTX's and STX's.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, US Army Ranger Camp Frank D. Merrill, home of the 5th Ranger Training Battalion, where Mountain Phase of Ranger School is conducted.  North Georgia College also has a significant ROTC presence in the area.  When I was at GT Army ROTC, I made some of the initial contacts for us to be able to use the facilities at Camp Merrill for FTX's and STX's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember being at a summer camp down the road and seeing all the warning signs. IIRC they had live fire exercises one night that freaked out some people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top