Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2015 9:06:35 AM EDT
I am hosting Rangemaster (Tom Givens) on May 16 & 17 for one day of Intensive Pistol and one day of Defensive Shotgun.  The classes will be on a private range in Oconee County (Watkinsville).  Oconee is immediately south of Athens.

There are several options for attending and registering.

If you want to attend both days, the cost is $425.  The individual days separately are $225 each.  If you are only signing up for one of the individual days, you must register via snail mail with a check or money order.

If you want to pay via check/money order, send payment to:

Rangemaster Firearms Training Services, LLC

PMB 303

1016 W Poplar, Suite 106

Collierville, TN 38017

If you register via check, BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.

For those wishing to use a credit card, registration is available at the following link:

Link to online registration if attending both days

The registration software does charge a fee.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like I know what I'm doing for my birthday. Been wanting to take Tom's shotgun class for a real long time. Glad you could hook this up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Very interested, I hope to know soon if that's my long weekend off.
Gotta love the "Office" setting your schedule.

7mm
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
For those of you who have never heard of Mr. Given's here is a recent blog post at PistolTraining.com

Link

While students often judge instructors based on the number of gun battles the instructor has been in, it seems obvious that a better measure would be the number of his students who have succeeded in self-defense shootings. By that measure, Givens is quite literally perfect. More than 60 of his students have had to defend themselves with firearms and all of them — 100% — were the victors.

That’s 100% success. Those are students ranging from a little old lady (literally) to every other imaginable demographic. When they’ve been faced with a violent attack and used a gun in self-defense, they’ve won.

Every. Single. Time.

So if you are someone who may face a violent attack, and you are someone who chooses to have a gun for self-defense, Fighting Smarter by Tom Givens just might teach you some things that you’d find helpful. Just a thought…
View Quote

Tom responded to that blog post with:

Thanks for the awfully kind words. As of this month, we are at 62 wins/0 losses/3 forfeits. Of course, the three forfeits were students who were killed because they forgot to bring a gun.
View Quote

Tom's book is available here: link

Key take away: Mr. Givens must be a pretty great instructor. 62/0/3 is statistically improbable. One of the reasons I bought his book and plan on taking this class.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are my reviews from the three shooting courses that I have taken from Tom/Rangemaster:

Combative Pistol 1

Firearms Instructor Development

Advanced Firearms Instructor Development & Certification

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The original post has been updated with more registration options.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Mr. JLW you have a PM. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mr. JLW you have a PM. Thanks.
View Quote

Responded.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
bump
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump.  There are still a few slots left.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my confirmation yesterday. Working real hard to finish his book before class on Saturday.

Looks like high round count. I like that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got my confirmation yesterday. Working real hard to finish his book before class on Saturday.

View Quote

I bought one of the Kimber 1911 with the two tone finish that he was using some of those pictures in the book.  Back when the book was written he loved the old first generation Kimbers.  It's been a few years since I've seen Tom, don't now what he's carrying now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I bought one of the Kimber 1911 with the two tone finish that he was using some of those pictures in the book.  Back when the book was written he loved the old first generation Kimbers.  It's been a few years since I've seen Tom, don't now what he's carrying now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock 35 with a grip reduction.

He said he came to the realization that a 1911 was a two bad guy gun, and he lives in a three bad guy town.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like we may have escaped the rain for tomorrow.  Sunday, not so much.

See you dudes at the jail.  I hope I get in but I hope even more they let me out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top