Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I just contacted my Rep Tommy Benton.

So in HB 543 it states "...unless such person is a lawful weapons carrier" when it refers to carrying in parks, historic sites, etc.

Where exactly does it define who is a 'lawful weapons carrier'?
I looked in the section it referenced and all that was defined was handgun, knife, license holder, long gun, weapon and weapons carry license.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So in HB 543 it states "...unless such person is a lawful weapons carrier" when it refers to carrying in parks, historic sites, etc.

I looked in the section it referenced and all that was defined was handgun, knife, license holder, long gun, weapon and weapons carry license.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

(2.1) 'Lawful weapons carrier' means those persons provided for under subsection (b) of Code Section 16-11-126.

b) The following persons may carry a weapon or long gun:
(1) Any person who is not prohibited by law from carrying a weapon or long gun as provided for in subsection (c) of this Code section;
(2) Any person who possesses a weapons carry license pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 or issued a permit pursuant to Code Section 43-38-10; or
(3) Any person licensed or authorized to carry a weapon in any other state whose laws recognize and give effect to a license issued pursuant to this part.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You really need to change your avatar so I can actually read what you post.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You really need to change your avatar so I can actually read what you post.
View Quote

Most of what I post is questionable, so its all good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top