BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You skip PT and you're screwed. A Cola Warrior must be able to do it all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys that aren't sure 100% what this is going to be like should go check out the CW West thread in GD. They finished yesterday evening and should have times and pics up soon. From what I'm hearing it was more of an exercise in exhaustion than difficulty, which plays mind games with you just the same.

Checked that out today and I'm psyched about Cola Warrior in Georgia.  Gonna skip PT for the next 12 months and train hard on chugging 72oz of coke.  

gluttony AND physical prowess?  

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys that aren't sure 100% what this is going to be like should go check out the CW West thread in GD. They finished yesterday evening and should have times and pics up soon. From what I'm hearing it was more of an exercise in exhaustion than difficulty, which plays mind games with you just the same.

Checked that out today and I'm psyched about Cola Warrior in Georgia.  Gonna skip PT for the next 12 months and train hard on chugging 72oz of coke.  

Yes.

And the ability to choose when one wants to vomit and control the spray for artistic purposes

A fully trained CW is a true Renaissance Man
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. The reason for the chug is to be an equalizer. Harsh but fair.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I didn't know there was a naval base in GA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Closer to Emu's Home for Curious Men.

I didn't know there was a naval base in GA.

That's just what those sneaky guys in their nuclear subs want you to think . . .
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
So is it a given that everyone is going to throw up?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So is it a given that everyone is going to throw up?
View Quote

I'm a 2 time member of the 6 pack club. I didn't puke at CW4, but did at CWE2. Most people say that if you don't puke you'll wish you did, but I didn't feel bad afterward.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info. I guess I just don't see the appeal of doing something that the goal everyone is waiting for is for you to puke....

What am I missing?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I guess I just don't see the appeal of doing something that the goal everyone is waiting for is for you to puke....

What am I missing?
View Quote

Frat boy antics and thermoregulation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What am I missing?
View Quote

Can't describe it.

But if you are in here then a part of you wants to find out.

Go with an open mind and expect to be destroyed.

If you are willing to do that then it will be more than worth it.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What am I missing?
View Quote

Try it and you'll see. There really is no way to explain it. I could tell you about how it tests your skills and shows you your weaknesses. I could tell you it's for the camaraderie and competition. I could tell you it's the food and beer or the awesome sponsors. None of that really explains it. I went to my first CW last year in Liberty. After that one, there was no doubt in my mind that I would be attending every one I had a chance to.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I am so looking forward to this.

Hopefully, I won't p00p in my pants.   And if I do, 00ps
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am so looking forward to this.

Hopefully, I won't p00p in my pants.   And if I do, 00ps
View Quote

Pooping is not a part of Cola Warrior unless you count the stench coming from The Turdis after a weekend of beer, whatever food happens to be there, and Peeps.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm psyched about it coming to Georgia.  Been wishing I could make it down to Liberty for one but I haven't yet and I don't have any excuses.  Right here in our backyard and I'm all over this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Try it and you'll see. There really is no way to explain it. I could tell you about how it tests your skills and shows you your weaknesses. I could tell you it's for the camaraderie and competition. I could tell you it's the food and beer or the awesome sponsors. None of that really explains it. I went to my first CW last year in Liberty. After that one, there was no doubt in my mind that I would be attending every one I had a chance to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

My weakness is bodily fluids...

I'll probably try it. Just depends on what the prizes are.

Also I'm in here because whiskers said he got a giesell trigger
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can't describe it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Can't describe it.

Never heard of it until Ytka and southerncross started chumming the waters here.  Then I looked into it.  It is so bad, that is becomes awesome again. (Running, pt, peeps and soda?!  Not sure if I will be in better shape or closer to type 2 diabetic!)  I'm in for trying it!  hopefully the HTF get first chance at signing up for it, as it fills up very fast!

Better late than never to this party ;)
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Never heard of it until Ytka and southerncross started chumming the waters here.  Then I looked into it.  It is so bad, that is becomes awesome again. (Running, pt, peeps and soda?!  Not sure if I will be in better shape or closer to type 2 diabetic!)  I'm in for trying it!  hopefully the HTF get first chance at signing up for it, as it fills up very fast!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

Can't describe it.

CW vets get priority, but I'll give a heads up before the thread is posted.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What am I missing?

There will be some sponsors that cover all of the events, but that has to be worked out. We will be looking for sponsors for CWSE, so any suggestions would be welcome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the penalty for puking and/or not finishing coke?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let me rephrase that... What is the min requirements to still get the prizes?  I assume finishing. But is there a time limit on the drinks?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Let me rephrase that... What is the min requirements to still get the prizes?  I assume finishing. But is there a time limit on the drinks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do the minimum to get a prize? Isn't the whole point of doing shit like this to win?  

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why do the minimum to get a prize? Isn't the whole point of doing shit like this to win?    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I won't win. But I'd like to know what I can do.  Top 10 would be my goal.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on how you play it;  you can chug a 2 liter + 5oz of chaser or a six pack. If you choose the2 liter and blow, its a 30 minute penalty. If you chug with cans it is 5 minutes per can not downed, or if you've gotten a can down and then puke it up without being told you're clear, that can doesn't count/is a 5 minute penalty. Just understand, you WILL puke.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I know I won't win. But I'd like to know what I can do.  Top 10 would be my goal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the mindset I went into it with and wanted to be top half of the crowd; I came in 15th out of 60. I was pleased. Some of these guys train pretty damn hard for this event, so a top 10 will be a challenge. Better start practicing the chug.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I have started my PT so I better get a spot

I figure it will take a year to get the lumpy things less soft and lumpy

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://jtuckerman.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/website-trophy.jpg

Every competitor at Liberty gets a SSA-E. Every competitor at CWE2 got an ALG EMR MLOK handguard. There are other prizes for faster finishers too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thats the mindset I went into it with and wanted to be top half of the crowd; I came in 15th out of 60. I was pleased. Some of these guys train pretty damn hard for this event, so a top 10 will be a challenge. Better start practicing the chug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I completed everything except one obstacle at CWE2 and got 9th. Damn caber.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe someone could do a "couch to cola warrior" exercise video. I could watch it from my kickback chair.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Every competitor at Liberty gets a SSA-E. Every competitor at CWE2 got an ALG EMR MLOK handguard. There are other prizes for faster finishers too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://jtuckerman.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/website-trophy.jpg

Oh I would finish it. I just not sure I would rush though and make myself puke trying to be the fastest at the dining post.

Cpl, we've met. We've been to class together. Physical fitness is not my strong points!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[quote ]Quoted:
What is the penalty for puking and/or not finishing coke?[/ quote]

Fuck that caber.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe someone could do a "couch to cola warrior" exercise video. I could watch it from my kickback chair.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#32]
The caber was the easy obstacle.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
There's plenty of raw materials at the Georgia CW site to build a caber or two!!!  (hint, hint)

That's my favorite event to watch at the Stone Mtn. Highland Games every year!!! I have always wanted to try it!!!

By dingies, if there's gonna be a caber at the SECW event, I might just have to don my kilt (skirt to you sissies) and join in!!!

ETA: it needs to be cut ASAP so it can be drying out. A green caber is too durn heavy for it's length and diameter!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. The electric fence crawl was.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:58:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either that, or the Peeps and AK.

I LURVE me some Peeps.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably wasn't fair, you coulda more than likely walk under it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There's plenty of raw materials at the Georgia CW site to build a caber or two!!!  (hint, hint)

That's my favorite event to watch at the Stone Mtn. Highland Games every year!!! I have always wanted to try it!!!

By dingies, if there's gonna be a caber at the SECW event, I might just have to don my kilt (skirt to you sissies) and join in!!!

ETA: it needs to be cut ASAP so it can be drying out. A green caber is too durn heavy for it's length and diameter!!!!  
View Quote

They used a green log for the caber at CWE2. It was probably 10' long and about 6" in diameter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the joke the entire weekend.  Although it was much harder for her to drag the duffel bag full of dead weight than it was for us that weigh more than a feather.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They used a green log for the caber at CWE2. It was probably 10' long and about 6" in diameter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I'd estimate about 75lbs.  I think if we are going to add a caber as an obstacle that is probably a pretty good size to go with, considering 75% of competitors failed it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Starting to train.  

Been back on Paleo since I got back from the Augusta Shoot at RedGoat Ranch.  Dropped 5 pounds this week.

Today started biking a few miles in my hilly sub-div.  Trying to get at least 3 days/week cardio to start.  Then will start the weight/strength training.  

Right now at 218, and want to get to 185ish.

My 45 yo body will hopefully be lean and somewhat mean by the time CWSE gets here.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#41]
In!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TA-DA!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In!
View Quote

Maybe I won't have to take the bus
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Starting to train.  

Been back on Paleo since I got back from the Augusta Shoot at RedGoat Ranch.  Dropped 5 pounds this week.

Today started biking a few miles in my hilly sub-div.  Trying to get at least 3 days/week cardio to start.  Then will start the weight/strength training.  

My 45 yo body will hopefully be lean and somewhat mean by the time CWSE gets here.

View Quote

You're gonna make me look bad...I know it
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In!

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Starting to train.  

View Quote

DURN!!!! If I talked myself into competing, my goal was gonna be to stay outa last place, so much for that.

Maybe I can shoot for: finishing without having a heart attack.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Starting to train.  

Don't worry, there will be plenty of competitors that will make us both look bad
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

DURN!!!! If I talked myself into competing, my goal was gonna be to stay outa last place, so much for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Starting to train.  

After 3 miles on my mountain bike today up and down a few hills in my division,  I felt like I had run a marathon.  Half way into it, I thought to myself: "if I don't have a heart attack by the time I get home, it will be a good day".  My goal was to get my heart rate up for 20 minutes of cardio.  Mission accomplished and then some.

In high school, I was a 3 sport player, ran 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week and was 185 lbs.  I graduated in 1989 and haven't done that since then.

I just want to finish and feel good about how I did.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

After 3 miles on my mountain bike today up and down a few hills in my division,  I felt like I had run a marathon.  Half way into it, I thought to myself: "if I don't have a heart attack by the time I get home, it will be a good day".  My goal was to get my heart rate up for 20 minutes of cardio.  Mission accomplished and then some.

In high school, I was a 3 sport player, ran 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week and was 185 lbs.  I graduated in 1989 and haven't done that since then.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Starting to train.  

I couldn't play sports due to severe asthma. And with an additional decade under my belt, and the fact that I'll never see the south side of 220 again,(barring HIV or some other fatal illness) you can count on me making you look good!!!! Assuming I can talk myself into embarrassing myself by entering....
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Starting to train.  

View Quote

Been back on paleo as well. Currenlty down 17lbs since the shoot at Redgoat's. I'm 4 days into a keto phase that will last through the weekend and next week. Hoping to get to 185 myself.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top