Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2015 5:24:19 PM EDT
I have had 3 factory built 300's. that failed. DD & Core15    

Issues fall on 2 camps, the ammo mfr and the rifle maker.  I ended up investing in an ammo company and building my own sbr.  

Huge progress was made when I met with Todd at SLR Rifleworks in Florida.  He explained all that went into developing his low pro fully adjustable gas block.  While I was there I fell in love with his handguards as well.

Working with Todd, ammo guru, along w/trial and error, the perfect combo was made.

The 5 variables that I felt made the difference
SLR Fully Adjustable Gas Block
AB Arms Pro BCG Full NiBo
JP Enterprises Silent Captured Spring
220gr SMK Ammo built to run best in my rifle configuration
LIberty Chaotic Surpressor made for 300 blackout and direct thread.

I have now started shooting an even quieter and more deadly round through this gun and can.  It's utilizing a newer powder and a bullet made by Lehigh Defense Subsonic 300 Max Expansion.  You have to check this out!

When not using the can, I have a AAC Single Chamber Muzzle Brake.  AR stock folder by Law Tactical

All shots from 2 feet to 200 yards are very accurate.  0 failures of any kind in the last 300 rounds.

2 pics

Fixed image link. Link the image only, not the site where the image is hosted. - makeitflyfast
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
What were the "fails" you had with DD and CORE15?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]

you better check your six because DD cannot fail. impossible. i saw the video where they throw it in a swamp and run it over with a tank and blast it with a nuke and that pretty little bugger keeps on hummin. lovin my dds.

Is this a for sale ad?

I want to be excited but can't... and why can I not see your images and get a threat "NOTE: If you block an image without reason you will receive a warning or an account lock."

I predict another deletapocolypse.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

in?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

in?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in?

23 is the record this month before the lock - come on boys. Let's end this month with a bag of armadillos.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

23 is the record this month before the lock - come on boys. Let's end this month with a bag of armadillos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in?

Maybe we can get a page 2?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
My big question is did the rifle come with an SLR Renegade CH and if yes, what are your thoughts?

Their adjustable gas block is nice but I prefer the Syrac Ordnance Gen II. It is self locking and has a defined quarter turn click stop to record specific settings, the logic being that there isn't enough difference to matter in smaller steps so why have a gas block that is infinitely adjustable with no easy way to mark/record settings. YMMV

Their Solo Lite Keymod Handguard has a great idea of making every keymod hole function as a QD which is a killer idea because one doesn't have to buy any QD Keymod attachments plus there is no raised QD mount to get caught on anything. I am wondering if that ingenious idea causes added weight because the Solo Lite in the same length weighs twice as much my BCM KMR weighs.  

Hopefully SLR's smart designs and looking to improve on parts and accessories that already work well will keep them successful and push other companies to innovate also.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Can't see any pics either. But it thanks me for my support when I click on Approve!

Now that I asked my relevant question:

IBTL or is that IBTD  
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
With all of the factory and franken-built 300's that are functioning just fine, I am really interested in the problems you were having. I too, would like to see the pictures. I'm afraid what will happen if I click approve. oh and IN on one
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top