Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2015 5:49:30 PM EDT
I can't find out much on the web, I keep running into info for dealers buying tables. That and I have crappy signal at my job site that's making the search problematic.

I've never been to this show before and wanted to ask a few questions before I drive 150 miles to be disappointed.

How much to park or enter?
The site I found said 2000 tables, this sound right?
Is it buy/sell/trade?
Can walk-ins enter with guns, magazines or packaged/sealed ammo to sell or trade?
Is it worth the trip?
How would you compare it to the Birmingham show?
It is this weekend right?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Free parking
$12 includes both days. $1 & $2" discount coupons available on line. You have to print them out.
I'd say table count has been 1200-1800 in the past. Content varies from show to show. No enforced price fixing, full free market.
Buy sell or trade. No browsing. If you are an Alabama resident, no handgun purchases for you, long guns only from FFL dealers only, not private sales to out of state residents or you may meet the ATF working the show. This show has lots of LE prescense.
Bring guns, parts, empty mags, boxed or sealed bag ammo.
Whether or not it's worth the trip depends on what you are looking for. Any show is that way.
The only Alabama show that compares is the 900 table AGCA show at BJCC. The  300 table Great Southern Classic Ernie Bean show doesn't come near the AGCA show, so there's some comparison.
Yes, it's this weekend..
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The first post is right . As for worth the trip . It is the best of the Atlanta shows . I am not sure what the policy on bringing in ammo is , The other stuff is no issue
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
very good summary above.

Ammo must be in boxes or bagged and sealed.  No loose rounds.

Your success at a gun show depends on how you price stuff.  If you price your stuff to sell, you can go home with a pocket full of cash.  If you want what 'one sold for on gunbroker'... you most likely will be disappointed.  

Are you walking around, or getting a table?  

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Come on out the weather is going to suck so what better way to spend the day.
as far as private sales why could he not buy from an individual?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Download this PDF to see what anyone can do at a gunshow.

www.atf.gov/files/publications/firearms/ATF_I_5300%2023A.pdf
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#6]
So if I wanted to sell my 1944 Walther G43, is this the show that will most likely have a buyer willing to pay close to "Top Dollar"?
Know of any tables or buyers there to seek out that may be interested?
It's not something I want to sell but for the right amount the funds could make the LWRC I saw at Trading Places a little more doable. :)
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if I wanted to sell my 1944 Walther G43, is this the show that will most likely have a buyer willing to pay close to "Top Dollar"?
Know of any tables or buyers there to seek out that may be interested?
It's not something I want to sell but for the right amount the funds could make the LWRC I saw at Trading Places a little more doable. :)
View Quote

Walk around with it on your shoulder with a sign on it for sale and who knows.  It'll get a lot more attention than any other way.  Be aware though that dealers will be offering you money for it that's lower than its worth.  They of course are going to try to flip it for a profit and expect that.  Walk around long enough and hopefully the right person will see it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#8]
So..simple question..

What's it called?
Where is it?
And how do I get the dollar or so off?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So..simple question..

What's it called?
Where is it?
And how do I get the dollar or so off?
View Quote

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/Show%20pages/RK%20shows/Georgia/Aatlanta%20Gun%20Show.htm

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Are we doing a meet and greet or anything at the show?  I'll be there with my FIL.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Ugh...stuck shooting HS baseball games today nothing like a no notice, oh can you cover a game & it turn into a nearly all day affair.
SMH.
Any good deals or cool stuff? Just need somebody rub it in on "how good the show is"

7mm
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Any firsthand reports from today?  What's good and bad?  May make the drive up tomorrow if I can.

HaM
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I made a quick trip there.  There was an Amberlamps and 2 fire trucks there when I arrived.  I was wondering if someone passed out after seeing some of the ammo prices.  

green tips were all over the place (price and geography).  $20 for 30 rd Walmart boxes, $420 for 420 round cans that we are all familiar with and $1k for 1k boxes.  One dealer told me that one person bought $3800 worth of green tips from him as the show opened.    

I didn't stick around for long.  I went because I was to pick up a rifle or 2 after getting some work done on them, but they weren't done yet.

I found some reloading supplies in stock.

Some prices of things I did take time to notice....  AK ammo for $300/k,  Primers $33-$36/k,  green tips ~$.65-$1.00 each, name brand powder $26-$30 per pound.  I didn't pay much attention to all the gun tables.  I was on a mission, and my phone battery was going down at an alarming rate.

The one reloader supply booth that I stopped at was busy with customers.  Lots of primers and powders were being sold.  

There was a large crowd.  The parking lot was jam packed.  I had to double park in front of a trailer over by where all the dealers park.

Hopefully others will chime in with a more thorough AAR
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I made the trip . I spent about $20 and met 4 of our forum members today . First it was mobbed the biggest crowd of buyers I have seen there in at least 4-5 years , There was still a 50+ yard line waiting to get in the door at 11 a full 2 hours after it opened parking was a madhouse . lower lot was full and cars were parked on both sides of the entrance drive .  I also went to lunch with a forum member at a random Mexican place on Jonesboro rd . The food was excellent

.22 ammo all you wanted at $50 a brick I saw the guy who bragged about working at Bass Pro there with a table full of 22. There were several tables piled high with .22 it did not seem to be moving .

M855 . 1 dealer I know said he sold a bunch to another dealer at .60 a round . The prices from dealers were .65 on the low end to $1 a round on the high end . it was moving steadily out the door .

There were a couple of different than normal surplus dealers which was good

I bought a Tactical Tailor single mag pouch a Maxpedition dump pouch and a revolver speed loader and spent $20 plus admission .
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw someone with a black ARFCOM logo ball cap on, but didn't have a chance to say 'hi' to them.

The crowd was unbelievable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there tomorrow morning.  I doubt I'll buy anything but it's a decent excuse to get away from the wife and kids for a couple hours.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:  I also went to lunch with a forum member at a random Mexican place on Jonesboro rd . The food was excellent.
View Quote

Lunch was really good, nice chatting with you again man. I'll text you about next months match
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Got there about 2pm Saturday, line was 50 yards long but got in within 5 minutes.Had heard this was one of the best shows in Atlanta, not too impressed myself, lots of junk besides guns, probably 60% plus was non gun. Went looking for a Ruger MKIIII Hunter fluted stainless, none at the show. Bought a S&W 637 Airweight snub nose .38 for $350 + tax and a North American Arms .22 Magnum mini revolver for $200 plus tax, both bought from Cherokee Gun in Canton. They had the best prices there, located about 5 rows from the left wall as you walk in the door, they have a large sign with their name on it. Dawsonville Gun and Pawn had 2nd best prices, about 3 rows from right wall, no sign, just recognized them from past shows,
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, but after walking around a while, decided to just keep it and save it for building up the 2 lowers I bought Friday.  I also want to say that I noticed a lot of guys selling the same brands of AR lowers.  They were Skyjacker Defense.  They were Ceracoated, not hard coat anodized.  On one lower I looked at in ceracoated bronze, they did a shit job on it.  You could see how they suspended the part when it was sprayed because what ever they suspended it with left a shadow on the receiver.  It was actually at the forward pin hole.  Eh, I'll keep my Andersons.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Any more info on Mexican place please....
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Saw the Skyjacker's at another show, they are a company in Georgia somewhere around Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Saw the Skyjacker's at another show, they are a company in Georgia somewhere around Atlanta.
View Quote

Yeah I emailed them to see if they was going to be their. I was going to buy a set. But they said someone else bout bought out their stock. And they was going to stay home. So I stayed home..
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah I emailed them to see if they was going to be their. I was going to buy a set. But they said someone else bout bought out their stock. And they was going to stay home. So I stayed home..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they the $49 milled lowers?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any more info on Mexican place please....
View Quote

Leave the gunshow make a left and drive into the hood area . It is in a strip shopping center about a mile on the left . There is a large grill out in the parking lot in front of the building . It is attached to a grocery story a laundry mat and a little clothes store .
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they usually have the $50 blemished billet lowers. They are located in Tucker. They told me once that they usually always have blemished at the shop.

I bet someone bought all there stock to sell at this show.

I'm skipping the show. All I want is a magpul ASC-L stock in fde, and I'm sure I could find a better deal online without wasting gas and an hour drive
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I did make one vendor unhappy when I told him his prices were higher than walmart He has MFT stocks at $10 more than Wally
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I plan on getting up their this week
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Where is the shop?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I realized I need to update my personal financial statement this year to reflect my ammo holdings after visiting the gun show today. I'm rich, on paper anyway, if I could sell out for the prices some vendors were asking. Never knew lead was such a precious metal until recently. This ammo ban nonsense is about the only thing the current administration has done to increase my wealth!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

local lowers
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks Whiskerz
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

local lowers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

local lowers

Yes that's them
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like blems are $89 online.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Thats a really nice lower for $55.  About the skyjacker lowers though, if  hardcoat adds extra strength to the surface of the metal and their only making them from 6061T6 to begin with, why would anyone want one if they are only ceracoated?  Wouldn't you have the same problems that guys have had with 80% lowers that they didn't have anodized?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top