Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2015 8:10:57 AM EDT
Anyone seen them for sale in the greater Atlanta area?  I'm thinking a CZ or Savage.  Also interested in the Browning T bolt.  What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought about both of those too. I bought the CZ, and love it, after the trigger job and the thread job.

The Savage is a good choice if you only want the option of a scope.

I eventually chose the Ruger American compact, with the threaded barrel.

I will admit the rifle was for my boys, but it think it was the better choice.

Send me a message and ill let you know where you can find one.

Rich
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Everyone I have been to Dawsonville they have had several savage and ruger in stock on the shelves.

What part of town you in ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone I have been to Dawsonville they have had several savage and ruger in stock on the shelves.

What part of town you in ?
View Quote

I'm in Dunwoody but I don't mind driving to Dawsonville.  Although I'm guessing they are closed today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want a nice wood stock go CZ, If happy with synthetic go with the Ruger American. I just picked up the Ruger and really impressed with it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
We have the savage and the ruger in stock.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the t bolt, cz 455 in a manners and ruger American.  All solid.  My go to is the t bolt.  I love the way that gun works.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like my Savage Mark II FV-SR with fluted and threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree with Rich and bought myself a Ruger American for Christmas. It's basically a bolt action 10/22 and uses the same mags. Suppressed, it's almost "James Bond" quiet. It makes more noise when the bullet hits the target than it does coming out of the rifle.

Make sure you clean it regularly. When dirty, it starts to have problems with extraction. Now if I can just get the boys to clean it after each round of shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top