Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2015 9:41:42 PM EDT
My dad and I were discussing all of the various wild game/critters we've eaten over the years earlier today. My 12-year old son expressed interest and the topic of wild game dinners and benefits came up. Apparently they were somewhat popular at one point in time but I haven't heard of any being planned in a long time - maybe I'm just not in the right circles any longer.

Church groups or hunting clubs or some foundation or another would host a dinner, people would prepare all sorts of game including venison, turkey, pheasants, quail, rabbit, maybe even some alligator, etc. Rifles or shotguns were usually raffled off and the money collected would go to some cause or group of needy people.

Is anyone aware of any such dinners or benefits or even restaurants that serve less traditional game (not cat or dog, we can get that down the road) in the Atlanta area or even as far south as Macon? I'd like the opportunity to try some of the harder to acquire and or prepare critters and I'm always looking for the opportunity to spend time with both my dad and my kid.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
From the FaceBook page in the link....

The BEAST FEAST is only one week away and WOW, we have over $20,000 in door prizes to give away!

On the menu is Elk burgers, squirrel stew, fish, gator tail, frog legs, pork BBQ, fish, and much more!

There are no tickets to purchase. It is all FREE for those who attend!

Go to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/beastfeast2015 and click “LIKE”. We will be posting updates of the many prizes we will be giving away and the donors who are making this possible.

The whole thing is happening on Friday, February 6, at 7:00pm, at Poplar Springs North Baptist Church, located at 289 Hwy 338, Dublin, GA.

Beast Feast
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Ephesus baptist church in Winston GA does one annually. It's usually in the fall.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
That Beast Feast is exactly what I'm looking for but the timing won't work unfortunately. Ill keep an eye out for them next year though for sure.

I had to look up Winston, GA on the map to see where it is. I'll keep an eye out for this as well.

Looks like there's one coming up in Adairsville, GA later in February.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Feb 28th in Maysville (near Commerce)

it's a big one about 3,000 folks last year.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:31:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Solid Rock Baptist Church in Covington Ga. February 21st I believe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Buck Hunters Club in Ellijay, GA, had one a couple of years ago where everyone got food poising from some homemade bear chili
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ephesus baptist church in Winston GA does one annually. It's usually in the fall.
View Quote

The last couple of years it has evolved into a catfish fry. They now call it the Sportsman's Dinner. Still good but not wild game.

The Atlanta chapter of the Safari Club International does an awesome wild game dinner, usually in December. It may be a members only event though. Think 4-5 star restaurant quality and presentation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is clicking the 'like' thing on Facebook the only way to reserve a spot and register door prizes? I don't much care about the door prizes, but eatin up some good wild game is sounding like a plan!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The BEAST FEAST is only one week away and WOW, we have over $20,000 in door prizes to give away!

On the menu is Elk burgers, squirrel stew, fish, gator tail, frog legs, pork BBQ, fish, and much more!

There are no tickets to purchase. It is all FREE for those who attend!

Go to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/beastfeast2015 and click “LIKE”. We will be posting updates of the many prizes we will be giving away and the donors who are making this possible.

The whole thing is happening on Friday, February 6, at 7:00pm, at Poplar Springs North Baptist Church, located at 289 Hwy 338, Dublin, GA.

Beast Feast

Is clicking the 'like' thing on Facebook the only way to reserve a spot and register door prizes? I don't much care about the door prizes, but eatin up some good wild game is sounding like a plan!

I'm not sure how to register for the prizes....

My post was copied directly from the FB page I linked.

I'm not involved with the function but my son enjoys it and we try to go every year.

td
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That Beast Feast is exactly what I'm looking for but the timing won't work unfortunately. Ill keep an eye out for them next year though for sure.

I had to look up Winston, GA on the map to see where it is. I'll keep an eye out for this as well.

Looks like there's one coming up in Adairsville, GA later in February.

View Quote

Ohh, I might be able to make  that one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#12]
There used to be a church near Hawkinsville that had an annual wild game supper. We got invited when I was TDY to Robbins AFB and we had a great time. The crow turned out to be one of my favorites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top