Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 4:32:38 PM EDT
Hey,

Been doing some research and found that Richmond Hill, GA seems to be a good place to live with kids (Excellent schools) taxes, houses, etc...

Now, anybody close to or that live in Richmond Hill can give me some advice of what should I expect?? I been reading in different website and some people stated that, that area is very racist. Also what about jobs in the area? so any input would be appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak on the demographics but the Gnats and Mosquitos there can be miserable.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
What would you recommend?

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Georgia is full, maybe try Florida.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on what you are looking for job wise. North georgia, atlanta suburbs, etc.

If you like being near the ocean I think Jacksonville or panhandle would be my choice.

Savannah/charleston is just an odd area that's neat to visit but not somewhere i'd live
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey,

Been doing some research and found that Richmond Hill, GA seems to be a good place to live with kids (Excellent schools) taxes, houses, etc...

Now, anybody close to or that live in Richmond Hill can give me some advice of what should I expect?? I been reading in different website and some people stated that, that area is very racist. Also what about jobs in the area? so any input would be appreciate it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hey,

Quoted:

Alabama. They might not be as "racist" over there.  Or stay up north where there is no racial disparity at all.  

Some peoples kids.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Florida seems to be where all the other New Yorkers go.

Maybe you should try that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Depends on what you are looking for job wise. North georgia, atlanta suburbs, etc.

If you like being near the ocean I think Jacksonville or panhandle would be my choice.

Savannah/charleston is just an odd area that's neat to visit but not somewhere i'd live
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Job wise for now, nothing, I will be retiring soon, so I will have enough to cover everything, I asked about the jobs just to see the options available. Also just to clarify when I say "racist" is that where I was reading, it states the area is predominantly white (86%), and that they dont welcome outsiders. Dont get me wrong, I am hispanic andI get along with anybody, plus, PRO GUN and looking to put my free time into guns. I love my 2A right and I hate them liberals.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you would be surprised at how little most people down here care what your race is.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think you would be surprised at how little most people down here care what your race is.
View Quote

Thx, good to know that. Like I said before, looking for a place to raise the kids with great schools, enjoy guns and life. any recommendations will be appreciated :)
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Another Damn Yankee.

What is that 8 since the beginning of the year?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another Damn Yankee.

What is that 8 since the beginning of the year?
View Quote

I thought we shutdown the border permanently after extorris and that other guys slipped in with runcible's ID
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Job wise for now, nothing, I will be retiring soon, so I will have enough to cover everything, I asked about the jobs just to see the options available. Also just to clarify when I say "racist" is that where I was reading, it states the area is predominantly white (86%), and that they dont welcome outsiders. Dont get me wrong, I am hispanic andI get along with anybody, plus, PRO GUN and looking to put my free time into guns. I love my 2A right and I hate them liberals.
View Quote

Retiring from the military?  There are lots of military / retired military / vets in Richmond Hill.  Plus you'll be close to the WMA range.  Go east on 144 past the Ft. McAllister exit, then turn on Killkenny Rd.  Haven't heard jack about any racist peeps there.  It's a pretty quiet place for the most part.  I live in Savannah btw, and work with a number of people who live in Richmond Hill.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I've found people up North(where i'm from)to be far more racist overall than down here.Mostly coming from the ones who think they're "entitled" to everything
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Excellent schools
View Quote

If school quality is near the top of your list then you should look at Watkinsville, Bogart, Cumming Richmond, Union, and Fayetteville counties (basically along the North and West outskirts of Atlanta and out east by Augusta). There are a few other "top ranked" districts scattered around the state but I do not consider Richmond Hill (Bryan county) all that great for public schools (I used to work up there and my wife refused to move our kids out of their school district because of the difference in quality of education so I just commuted). Not sure about private if you want to go that route.

Richmond Hill is full of biting nats, which makes your skin feel like its on fire and that's no fun at all.

However, you are just outside of Savannah and they throw a mean St. Patricks Day celebration
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've found people up North(where i'm from)to be far more racist overall than down here.Mostly coming from the ones who think they're "entitled" to everything
View Quote

Word.  Since when is 87% white automatically consodered to be racist? I could argue successfully that your posts reek of the racism that you oh so fear.  

You ever wonder why when people retire they don't move up north?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hey,

View Quote

We fuck our sisters, too.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Retiring from the military?  There are lots of military / retired military / vets in Richmond Hill.  Plus you'll be close to the WMA range.  Go east on 144 past the Ft. McAllister exit, then turn on Killkenny Rd.  Haven't heard jack about any racist peeps there.  It's a pretty quiet place for the most part.  I live in Savannah btw, and work with a number of people who live in Richmond Hill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx for the heads up
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If school quality is near the top of your list then you should look at Watkinsville, Bogart, Cumming Richmond, Union, and Fayetteville counties (basically along the North and West outskirts of Atlanta and out east by Augusta). There are a few other "top ranked" districts scattered around the state but I do not consider Richmond Hill (Bryan county) all that great for public schools (I used to work up there and my wife refused to move our kids out of their school district because of the difference in quality of education so I just commuted). Not sure about private if you want to go that route.

Richmond Hill is full of biting nats, which makes your skin feel like its on fire and that's no fun at all.

However, you are just outside of Savannah and they throw a mean St. Patricks Day celebration
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent schools

Thx I would look into it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:16:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Word.  Since when is 87% white automatically consodered to be racist? I could argue successfully that your posts reek of the racism that you oh so fear.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me clarify that when I said what I said about the population, I didn't mean to say all of them are, but we have to be realistic, there is still some not only down in the south but in every part of this country, even where I currently live but again my main focus is to provide a better life for my family, that's all. If I in any way shape or form you believe I disrespected or insulted you, I apologize.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#20]
We don't apologize for our beliefs either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:46:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey,

You sicko, cousins be where its at.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

We embrace our hate of yankees.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#23]
The gnats are bad down there, but I do love that area of Georgia. So much to do and close to the ocean. I don't know much about the schools, but I have always found that if you are an involved parent, the schools are always better for your kid.

Coming from New York, you are going to love our gun laws down here.

I have found that, for the most part, Georgia is a very diverse and tolerant state. Although, I am in the metro Atlanta area.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey,

Nope, incest is best when kept in the immediate family.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Incest is the best,
Put your cousin to the test!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#26]
You'll find that being a yankee is viewed as worse than any skin color you might have.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I work in Richmond Hill pretty often, so take this for what it's worth.  It seems like an ok place to me.  I don't really know about the schools and such but everything else seems solidly middle class.  You do have a lot of traveler services in the area since 95 runs through it, so be prepared for lots of traffic at certain times of the year, and Hwy 17 is the main road for people commuting to and from work so it actually has rush hours.  Fishing opportunities abound and you have some places north and south to go to the beach without a long drive.  I'm kind of surprised the area is listed as 86% white, it certainly doesn't seem that high, nor have I encountered any racism.   There are a lot of good places to eat without having to go into Savannah.  One bad thing is the entire area is just barely above sea level and suffers from flooding in the lower areas from a heavy rain, and be prepared for it to rain a lot.  I will be back down there in a month or two, I can ask around to see how the locals view the place.

The sand fleas are around at certain times of the year but mostly at sunrise and sunset and usually around stagnant water.  A few biting insects wouldn't affect my decision on the place, for sure.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You'll find that being a yankee is viewed as worse than any skin color you might have.
View Quote

Damn. I wish I'd thought of this.  No truer words have been put down in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The gnats are bad down there, but I do love that area of Georgia. So much to do and close to the ocean. I don't know much about the schools, but I have always found that if you are an involved parent, the schools are always better for your kid.

Coming from New York, you are going to love our gun laws down here.

I have found that, for the most part, Georgia is a very diverse and tolerant state. Although, I am in the metro Atlanta area.
View Quote

Thank you sir! I know I will love it, I been wanting a suppressor and SBR so bad that you dont imagine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I work in Richmond Hill pretty often, so take this for what it's worth.  It seems like an ok place to me.  I don't really know about the schools and such but everything else seems solidly middle class.  You do have a lot of traveler services in the area since 95 runs through it, so be prepared for lots of traffic at certain times of the year, and Hwy 17 is the main road for people commuting to and from work so it actually has rush hours.  Fishing opportunities abound and you have some places north and south to go to the beach without a long drive.  I'm kind of surprised the area is listed as 86% white, it certainly doesn't seem that high, nor have I encountered any racism.   There are a lot of good places to eat without having to go into Savannah.  One bad thing is the entire area is just barely above sea level and suffers from flooding in the lower areas from a heavy rain, and be prepared for it to rain a lot.  I will be back down there in a month or two, I can ask around to see how the locals view the place.

The sand fleas are around at certain times of the year but mostly at sunrise and sunset and usually around stagnant water.  A few biting insects wouldn't affect my decision on the place, for sure.
View Quote

a+! thank you for the detailed advice!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

WOW  is it that bad LOL. Well just for the record, I was not born in NY and I been here for not too long, that's WHY I would like to GTFO ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

BUTT!!! we do try to placate with a "Bless your heart." every so often.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"Bless your heart."
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

WOW  is it that bad LOL. Well just for the record, I was not born in NY and I been here for not too long, that's WHY I would like to GTFO ASAP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So where were you born? NJ? CA? IL?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Canadian.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Canadian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Canadian.

Where ever it was probably a place with no damn manners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top