Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2015 7:23:12 PM EDT

I am hosting Craig "SouthNarc" Douglas for his ECQC class on March 20-22, 2015, on a private range in Oconee County. The cost is $450.00. If you are interested, contact me, and I will give you information on registration. A deposit is required to hold a spot in the class.

http://shivworks.com/?page_id=881

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
ECQC is some of the best training that I have ever received. If I was not travelling that weekend....I'd be all over this.
Craig is very legit!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am hosting Craig "SouthNarc" Douglas for his ECQC class on March 20-22, 2015, on a private range in Oconee County. The cost is $450.00. If you are interested, contact me, and I will give you information on registration. A deposit is required to hold a spot in the class.

View Quote

How much is the deposit?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much is the deposit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How much is the deposit?

$225
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

$225
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much is the deposit?

$225

Did you get my pm?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you get my pm?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much is the deposit?

$225

Did you get my pm?

I replied back asking for your email.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ECQC is some of the best training that I have ever received. If I was not travelling that weekend....I'd be all over this.
Craig is very legit!
View Quote

I completely agree. I took this class almost 2.5 yrs ago and I'm hoping to take it again.

Recently, my brother asked my advice on the next CCW class he should take. ECQC was my first recommendation, and is to everyone once they've grasped the fundamentals of shooting and want to carry a concealed weapon.

Hopefully I can line up my work calendar and the funds to get to this one again. It's worth it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
There is still room in this class.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll have to sell off a few toys but I'm interested for sure. How many slots still open?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
This was one of the BEST classes I have ever attended. If anyone can find a way to attend DO IT.

If it is the same curriculum that I had 3 years ago ...

It's not your typical CQB class where you shoot at a target from different distances and positions. It is a HANDS on step by step skill building combatives course. Yes you will shoot at a target but you will be shown different techniques and scenarios that no one else is teaching. The last day was the best where everything you learned over the course was put to the test. You will come out of there with better skills and thinking of ways to improve yourself with the new tools in your tool bag.

I am tempted to take this course again but right now have a schedule conflict.

It is well worth $450.00 and the price has not increased, I paid the same.

.... no one asked me to write this and I do not work or have any affiliation with SHIVWORKS ... it was just THAT GOOD I was compelled to share
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'll have to sell off a few toys but I'm interested for sure. How many slots still open?
View Quote

We still have several spots open, but it is filling fast.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Funds sent for a slot
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I spoke with Craig this afternoon.  There were six more spots available at that time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#14]
JLW, thanks for organizing this. Fantastic course... and ouch... I'm sore.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry.  I can't hear you over the sound of my muscles aching.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I am going to go ahead and say that it was the best tactical training I have ever taken. I'll go ahead and organize my thoughts for a more better AAR but as with the hotwash and my comments there, strong is fine, endurance will save your life in a fight however. As with everything else in life, being in shape makes it suck less, definitely opened my eyes in that regard.

My take aways are improve cardio, maintain over all strength and also try to start rolling at least once a week, preferably with T-guns and knives. Being able to stop REacting and to start Acting on your own initiative in a fight is very important, only way to do that is to get comfortable with rolling and to train your hind brain to start looking for openings and acting on them.

Thanks again for hosting JLW!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You definitely drew the short straw at the end of day 2.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Can't wait to see/hear the AAR. I was unable to schedule this class and am contemplating taking the course in Atlanta @ the end of the year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't a fair fight.  I was outnumbered.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey guys (this is Red).  I had a great time hanging out with you at the class.  

JLW, thanks again for setting everything up!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

How's your Dad doing? He healed up?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Creaking along, but feeling better today.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#24]
That was an awesome course.  Top notch instruction and a bunch of really cool guys in the class.

I've been chronicling the assortment of bruises that are showing up in the aftermath of the class.  The upper body stuff showed up after day two, but apparently the bruises on my legs waited five days to start appearing.  I was thinking of doing a photo series entitled 50 shades of ECQC, but nobody really wants to see that.  Far and away worth the course cost.  I'm taking the edged weapon class in Americus in November.  I had to stifle my tears when he said it was more physically intense than the ECQC was...

Sparrow
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:24:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That was an awesome course.  Top notch instruction and a bunch of really cool guys in the class.

I've been chronicling the assortment of bruises that are showing up in the aftermath of the class.  The upper body stuff showed up after day two, but apparently the bruises on my legs waited five days to start appearing.  I was thinking of doing a photo series entitled 50 shades of ECQC, but nobody really wants to see that.  Far and away worth the course cost.  I'm taking the edged weapon class in Americus in November.  I had to stifle my tears when he said it was more physically intense than the ECQC was...

Sparrow
View Quote

haha I'm giggling ... I know what you mean and feel your pain.
I was so excited to see JLW hosting it here but I couldn't attend. When I went, all of us had "goat head" some were so sore skin peeled. His course is epic and not for the weak. (I wanted to say "not for pussies," but I didn't )
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Whats your opinion having taken the course, as a woman.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Whats your opinion having taken the course, as a woman.
View Quote

in what way specifically are you interested?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I would like to push a few of my female friends towards this course, and without knowing your background, how challenging was it? Where you the only female? Did you roll with the men and how do you feel about the typical strength issue with rolling with males?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes Indeed, a great class. Really appreciate the opportunity to attend it. The "certificate" on my head is just about gone but I still have a splint on my left ring finger. Not sure how/when I hurt it but it is still pretty swollen. Smartest thing I did was scheduling a massage for Monday afternoon.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes Indeed, a great class. Really appreciate the opportunity to attend it. The "certificate" on my head is just about gone but I still have a splint on my left ring finger. Not sure how/when I hurt it but it is still pretty swollen. Smartest thing I did was scheduling a massage for Monday afternoon.

Steve
View Quote

Welcome to arfcom and the HTF.

I still have a bruised rib. Probably be a few more weeks before that stops hurting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top