Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 1:21:08 PM EDT
I haven't been to a gun show in a couple years and I've got two in my area in a couple weeks.  Which do you prefer?  Eastman or RK?  My plan is to pick up some powder and bullets.

Last one is went to was a bust.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The last three Eastman shows I have gone to have been total crap and over priced (of course I remember the good old days when BUYERS {that's us} got in free).

The last two RK shows I went to were fairly good. I am also avoiding one venue permanently, Jim Miller Park, it sucks.

If you are looking for bullets and powder, check the vendor flyer to make sure there are at least two there selling it so they have to compete. I have even called to makes sure they had what I was looking for and at a decent price when I can.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
RK, ,.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My first show in GA was at Jim Miller Park earlier this month, I relocated from Florida.

It sucked, not sure if that is the norm for shows in the Atlanta area but never again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first show in GA was at Jim Miller Park earlier this month, I relocated from Florida.

It sucked, not sure if that is the norm for shows in the Atlanta area but never again.
View Quote

No.  It is NOT the norm for Atlanta.  The Jim Miller Park shows were so bad I'd rather stay home and do yard work than go to another one.

And I hate yard work!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The RK show at the Expo Center is usually pretty good.  The next one is on Feb. 28 - Mar. 1.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Jim Miller shows are not good. Cramped and lots of junk.

The big show down in Jonesboro was pretty good.

I know Eastman does not allow certain sellers into the show because they have low prices. That's BS if you ask me. I don't bother with Eastman shows as a result. It's like they are price fixing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:The big show down in Jonesboro was pretty good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:The big show down in Jonesboro was pretty good.

+1

Quoted:I know Eastman does not allow certain sellers into the show because they have low prices. That's BS if you ask me. I don't bother with Eastman shows as a result. It's like they are price fixing.

This is absolutely true. I know vendors that are not allowed to work certain shows. They are too competitive for some of the higher-priced vendors who buy more tables and need to raise prices to pay for them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me be the first to say, fuck Eastman shows and Matt Eastman.

They suck. Avoid all of them. RK shows are exponentially better. The Expo show is usually awesome from what I hear; I've been once and it was awesome compared to what we get in Macon. I've been to a couple GunRunner shows in Columbus that were also pretty good.

Did I say fuck Eastman shows?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They suck. Avoid all of them. RK shows are exponentially better. The Expo show is usually awesome from what I hear; I've been once and it was awesome compared to what we get in Macon. I've been to a couple GunRunner shows in Columbus that were also pretty good.

View Quote

Thought I basically said that with the first reply, but I wasn't being as tactful as you SC, thanks for helping clear that up!

By the way, have most of us say fuck Eastman shows? Hat tip to SC for helping out!

And for the Florida transplant, the Jim Miller Park venue is the problem. The RK show that was there was just so so again due to the venue. JMP really sucks when Eastman is there!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Very well said.
It has been about 5 yrs since I stop going to that lousy Eastman show.
Fuck that retards.  

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad I ran across this thread. Twenty years ago the Eastman shows were the best around middle Georgia and the Heart of Georgia sucked. Went to my first show in about 20 years, the Eastman in Macon a couple of weeks ago. So the RK show at the Expo Feb. 28 is saying 2000 tables, I'll be there. Did pick up what I thought was a good deal on a new Ruger Mark III Target for $316 out the door, so about $295 before tax from Dawsonville Gun and Pawn.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Glad I ran across this thread. Twenty years ago the Eastman shows were the best around middle Georgia and the Heart of Georgia sucked. Went to my first show in about 20 years, the Eastman in Macon a couple of weeks ago. So the RK show at the Expo Feb. 28 is saying 2000 tables, I'll be there. Did pick up what I thought was a good deal on a new Ruger Mark III Target for $316 out the door, so about $295 before tax from Dawsonville Gun and Pawn.
View Quote

Yep, check out the RK Expo show. Lots of good deals last time I went. There is some gun show derp but their tables tend to stay full all weekend.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

So tell me how you really feel?  Lol

Thanks guys.  Looks like I'll hit the RK show in Cartersville on Feb 7-8.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#14]
That Cartersville show was good last time. Nice venue, too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always say what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Eastman's shows at Gwinnett are the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top