Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2015 2:37:04 PM EDT
I am looking to get a lower engraved for an SBR and see where several guys on here have used Specialty Engraving in Norcross.  Is there a particular point of contact that I should ask for at that location?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done a lower but get stuff engraved for work all the time from them. I always deal with Tommy.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't speak for them but I had my sbr lowers laser engraved in Cumming and I was very impressed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Who did that for you in Cumming?  The only reason I was leaning Specialty Engraving is because it was mentioned in the HTF.  As long as it looks good and it is legal, then I will be satisfied......added importance on the latter of course.  

ST
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think there is anyone special to talk to.  I dropped mine off at the Alpharetta location and i think they shipped it to Norcross to have the work done.  They seemed to be familiar with the process.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who did that for you in Cumming?  The only reason I was leaning Specialty Engraving is because it was mentioned in the HTF.  As long as it looks good and it is legal, then I will be satisfied......added importance on the latter of course.  

ST
View Quote

Paul was recommended previously by other arfcommers.  Good guy too.  Did it while I waited.  I'll post a picture later when I get back to my computer.

Paul Hendrixson
President
Insert Molding Solutions, Inc.
4325 Settingdown Circle
Suite 103
Cumming, GA 30028
678-965-5334 office
678-965-5343 fax
[email protected]
www.insertmoldingsolutions.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Paul was recommended previously by other arfcommers.  Good guy too.  Did it while I waited.  I'll post a picture later when I get back to my computer.

Paul Hendrixson
President
4325 Settingdown Circle
Suite 103
Cumming, GA 30028
678-965-5334 office
678-965-5343 fax
[email protected]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ST

Paul Hendrixson
President
4325 Settingdown Circle
Suite 103
Cumming, GA 30028
678-965-5334 office
678-965-5343 fax
[email protected]

I second this! Engraving looks great. Paul is the guy you wanna deal with.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Here you go.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How much was that?

Can they do things like the American flag?
View All Quotes

$60 for the initial setup/engraving and $50 for the additional one.

I don't see why he couldn't do a flag, would just need the image first.  Not sure if it's something that he can easily convert from a jpg or if he has sample images.  Give him a call or email.  Really nice guy.  He has a FFL/SOT.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I wasn't all that impressed with Specialty Engraving... The font was big and there were chips on the outer edges of the lettering.

I would recommend reaching out to CS223, a member here.  He does great work and is very inexpensive with fast turnaround.  I shipped (2) lowers out to him the 17th of Dec. (weds.) and they were at my door the next Monday.  Here's a thread in the Armory backing up his work.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
BTW, if you want to see it in person, just let me know (assuming you're in the Cumming area).
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
BTW, if you want to see it in person, just let me know (assuming you're in the Cumming area).
View Quote

I may do that. I do not live in the Cumming area, but I am highly mobile during the week.  I emailed him  to see if under the trigger guard was a possibility.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#14]
PSA
You do not need Revocable Living in the trust name.
You only need characters  and Trust.
USA Trust     is good to go.
My first trust has Revocable Living in the trust name and it was hard to get it engraved on the front of the magwell  My preferred location.

I created a new trust similar to USA Trust.
The only negative comment that I have ever read about a generic trust name is that it is possible that a LEO may ask for proof that you are on the trust where they may not if the trust were named something like "My Last Name Family Trust"
I think that is BS but I just wanted to provide the info.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

PSA

You do not need Revocable Living in the trust name.

You only need characters  and Trust.

USA Trust     is good to go.

My first trust has Revocable Living in the trust name and it was hard to get it engraved on the front of the magwell  My preferred location.

I created a new trust similar to USA Trust.

The only negative comment that I have ever read about a generic trust name is that it is possible that a LEO may ask for proof that you are on the trust where they may not if the trust were named something like "My Last Name Family Trust"

I think that is BS but I just wanted to provide the info.

View Quote
To that second part; I keep a copy of my certification of trust with my stamp copies, for that very reason.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Paul Hendrixson
President
4325 Settingdown Circle
Suite 103
Cumming, GA 30028
678-965-5334 office
678-965-5343 fax
[email protected]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ST

Paul Hendrixson
President
4325 Settingdown Circle
Suite 103
Cumming, GA 30028
678-965-5334 office
678-965-5343 fax
[email protected]

Paul took exceptional care of me.  Thanks.  I also highly recommend him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ST

Paul Hendrixson
President
4325 Settingdown Circle
Suite 103
Cumming, GA 30028
678-965-5334 office
678-965-5343 fax
[email protected]

Glad to hear.  Now let's see pics of the new SBR.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm heading up to Cumming to get one of mine done tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ST

Paul Hendrixson
President
4325 Settingdown Circle
Suite 103
Cumming, GA 30028
678-965-5334 office
678-965-5343 fax
[email protected]

Was he able to do under the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#20]
He wasn't totally at ease doing it under the trigger guard.  If I had told him I absolutely wanted it there, I am sure he would have gave it a go.  I had emailed him my trust name yesterday so when I got there, what he had already engraved as a test looked really good, so I decided to go with that.  He was done with the lower in less than 15 mins.  I stayed around a while and talked with him because he is a warehouse of knowledge and seemed to be an all around great guy.  

Be forewarned.....Paul is a .458 Socom sycophant.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks. My regular engraver is out for surgery. I left a message for Paul to call me. The girl I spoke to on the phone  said they are  getting  at least one gun a day to be laser marked from this thread.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#22]
When Paul did an item for me last year he had not engraved on the front of an AR  magwell.
It was going to be close to the max height that his laser could handle.
Has anyone had Paul  perform an engraving on the front of an AR magwell?
David at Specialty Engraving did the front magwell for me. It was at the limit of his equipment but he was able to do it with difficulty.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank's for the info, I'm looking to get a lower engraved as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I got mine done today. It looks way better than my other SBR's. Paul was a very cool guy. He showed me his integrally suppressed .458 SOCOM upper and the 500gr subsonic projectile he created for it, holy wound channel Batman. He's a very nice guy and a pleasure to work with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm going tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:34:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Drove up to Cumming to see Paul @ Insert Molding Solutions and had him Engrave a couple of shotgun receivers last week. It was a great to not have to make 2 trips like the other engraver I use in the area. I live n Henry Co and it was an hour and a half drive each way so I didnt want to do that twice! I even got to watch the process which was another treat. He did a Black Aces receiver and a SXS 20 ga coach gun receiver for me. The quality of engraving work was clean and legible. Also got to hear about his trip to Shot Show the week before and a few of his products his company has coming out soon. I will definitely go see Paul again for future builds that I need engraved.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Paul Hendrixson

President

4325 Settingdown Circle

Suite 103

Cumming, GA 30028

678-965-5334 office

678-965-5343 fax

[email protected]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ST

Paul Hendrixson

President

4325 Settingdown Circle

Suite 103

Cumming, GA 30028

678-965-5334 office

678-965-5343 fax

[email protected]

Paul is the guy folks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He wasn't totally at ease doing it under the trigger guard.  If I had told him I absolutely wanted it there, I am sure he would have gave it a go.  I had emailed him my trust name yesterday so when I got there, what he had already engraved as a test looked really good, so I decided to go with that.  He was done with the lower in less than 15 mins.  I stayed around a while and talked with him because he is a warehouse of knowledge and seemed to be an all around great guy.  

Be forewarned.....Paul is a .458 Socom sycophant.
View Quote

"If you wanna call me that, smile."

Seein' how I started the first Unauthorized ARFCOM 458 SOCOM Group Buy and purchased two (2) of the them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/138911_20_Member_AR15_COM___458_SOCOM_Group_Purchase.html
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#29]
soooooo who did the engraving on the first page? Specialty engraving or the other guy?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
soooooo who did the engraving on the first page? Specialty engraving or the other guy?
View Quote

Paul did it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Just had a friends lower and 2 of mine engraved this morning with paul. Highly recommended it was an easy process and great conversation.
Paul thank you much

Juan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top