Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 9:16:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I doing it on the wrong day? We have all liquids New Years Eve and BBQ on New Years Day so we can watch football and eat smoked meat and pie all day!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's good any day!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I doing it on the wrong day? We have all liquids New Years Eve and BBQ on New Years Day so we can watch football and eat smoked meat and pie all day!

It's good any day!

You got that right! Just started smoking a Boston Butt and a Brisket an hour and a half ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure what's going on at the farm New Years yet, could be moved to host something. Who wants to come to paulding county?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not sure what's going on at the farm New Years yet, could be moved to host something. Who wants to come to paulding county?
View Quote

Are we talking Apple Pie (the liquid kind), Ribs, and pulled pork?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda over ribs and pulled pork, been doing a lot of brisket, chicken quarters and tenderloins lately. I smoked a prime rib Sunday and damn it was good!  I have apple pie and the most important ingredient also.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe in
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I smoked a 10 pound Boston Butt yesterday and a 5 pound brisket, both turned out great. Brisket is all gone and we only have enough sliced pork left for several sandwiches. I'm craving ribs and pulled pork because I have been smoking mainly briskets, hams, and chicken/turkeys lately alone with a few roasts. Think I'll go to Costco today and see what size packs of Country Ribs they have so I can fix my need for Ribs.

We had company over a couple of weeks ago requesting my brisket. Thought I had one in the deep freeze but didn't so I smoked a 4 pound prime rib to go along with the 6 pound standing rib roast that was in the fridge. It was just the right amount for 12 adults and before anybody goes nuts, when I say prime rib its boneless and standing rib roast is bone in.

CPL how did the Prime Rib turn out? Do you rub them or crust them?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I smoked a 10 pound Boston Butt yesterday and a 5 pound brisket, both turned out great. Brisket is all gone and we only have enough sliced pork left for several sandwiches. I'm craving ribs and pulled pork because I have been smoking mainly briskets, hams, and chicken/turkeys lately alone with a few roasts. Think I'll go to Costco today and see what size packs of Country Ribs they have so I can fix my need for Ribs.

We had company over a couple of weeks ago requesting my brisket. Thought I had one in the deep freeze but didn't so I smoked a 4 pound prime rib to go along with the 6 pound standing rib roast that was in the fridge. It was just the right amount for 12 adults and before anybody goes nuts, when I say prime rib its boneless and standing rib roast is bone in.

CPL how did the Prime Rib turn out? Do you rub them or crust them?
View Quote
It turned out great!  I brought it up to room temp, rubbed it with olive oil and used my Texas rub on it. About 5 hours at 225. Pulled it at 125 degrees and wrapped it in a towel and put it in the microwave to rest. In 15 minutes it had come up to 145. I was kinda pissed. It was not the med rare I was looking for but it was still better than anything I've found at a restaurant.

Country ribs are a different story. Being as they're just sliced butt, I love doing those also.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
If I didn't have something going on already on New Years I'd be all in. It'd be super freakin awesome if you decided to do something Saturday after New Years instead.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If I didn't have something going on already on New Years I'd be all in. It'd be super freakin awesome if you decided to do something Saturday after New Years instead.
View Quote
That might work better. I kinda need to work Friday. Who's in for a Saturday event?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#15]
You do it saturday you can count me and the Mrs. in 100%. I'll even get her to make dessert.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top