Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 11:43:06 PM EDT
just took a job in Savannah and movin in jan.  im not far from Sav. river.  Big in the hunting and fishing scene in SC.  Any good fishing? Have done a good bit of largemouth and some salt.  Im gonna hold off on the hunting for now till I know the area better.  SC is not that far anyway.  If theres anything worth checking out wouldnt mind that either.  thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everything you did in SC is 2x better here.

Our BBQ is better, womenz, beer, and more free.

View Quote

Too bad you won't be able to carry back in your home state once you are a GA resident... oh, and we have better gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#3]
edit-
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:56:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Too bad you won't be able to carry back in your home state once you are a GA resident... oh, and we have better gun laws.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everything you did in SC is 2x better here.

Our BBQ is better, womenz, beer, and more free.

I have utah course so i can carry in both
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not if you are going to be a resident of Georgia and don't own property in SC.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do own property in SC and don't plan on becoming a GA resident. At least not yet.  Only bout 2hrs from home so just plan on a temp residence to stay at during week. I looked into it already and asked questions to ensure was ok.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't bass fish that side of the state but I do enjoy fishing for trout and redfish around jekyll  and Cumberland  islands.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't bass fish that side of the state but I do enjoy fishing for trout and redfish around jekyll  and Cumberland  islands.
View Quote

thanks, ive been reading there is some decent bass fishing.  i figure its all gotta be pretty close to what we have up here.  Especially the salt/offshore.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Bass?  Where?  

Too lazy to go far, I just walk next door

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

thanks, ive been reading there is some decent bass fishing.  i figure its all gotta be pretty close to what we have up here.  Especially the salt/offshore.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fish mostly south ga farm ponds for bass but I do like the fishing on the coast. The guy I normally fish with is from SC since I don't have a salt boat and he said the fishing on the SC coast is very similar. I  do like fishing for bass in the altamaha river but that's as far as I venture on that side of the state for freshwater. If you haven't ever fished the flats, it's definitely worth the trip. I prefer the fishing on the ga coast but going to steinhatchee is a good experience and scalloping is cool.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to Savannah. We need more arfcomers here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Just PCS'd to Ft. Stewart myself. What is the word on the gun shops in the Savannah area?
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
There's a mission essential in both hinesville and savannah. The one in savannah has a range. You also have Patrick's uniform with a range and dean forest guns with out a range. There are a few other smaller shops in town. But nothing very big. I'm from jacksonville so I guess I'm spoiled when it comes to big gun shops. There's also a bass pro here but the prices are a little steep as with most big box stores.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top