Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 3:32:58 PM EDT
Hi guys,

I am a refugee from the communist state of NJ and love it here.

I live in Canton and am wondering if there are any places to shoot that allow moving and shooting, tactical carbine type of practice and use of a holster. I am getting really sick of shooting from a bench at the all the places I have been to and am losing my edge.

Thanks,

Greg
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
How can anybody from jersey have a "edge" with weapons? Thought they were illegal there.

Creekside has a couple of pits for member use. Joe will have to check you out to ensure your safe and have a brain before he'll turn you loose. There will still be rules of course. His rules for using the pits might have changed since the last time I was there and if so, don't blame me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the driving factors for me selling my business and relocating here is NJ's disregard for the 2A.

It's no fun having to FIGHT every day to grab for the scraps of rights the rest of America enjoys without thought.

I have been to Creekside several times and they won't even let you stand and shoot from the 50 anymore. It's ridiculous. Each time I have gone there, the iron hand has come down harder and harder. I realize safety comes first but it gets to be overbearing when you have been shooting for a long time and get treated like a newbie.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the driving factors for me selling my business and relocating here is NJ's disregard for the 2A.

It's no fun having to FIGHT every day to grab for the scraps of rights the rest of America enjoys without thought.

I have been to Creekside several times and they won't even let you stand and shoot from the 50 anymore. It's ridiculous. Each time I have gone there, the iron hand has come down harder and harder. I realize safety comes first but it gets to be overbearing when you have been shooting for a long time and get treated like a newbie.
View Quote

Small business owner (who is a member here)and you have to go by the last common denominator. Buy a membership and you can use the pits. Haven't been there since I moved to the other side of the world....I mean state.

Check out some of the matches they have there, it will fit what you want. Search for it on YouTube, there are plenty there!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You probably want to get on the waiting list at Pickens County Gun club
Stop by Sunday we have an idpa match and you can look around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top