Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2014 1:44:27 AM EDT
I live in murrayville, and ive yet to go to RBGC, having shot for many years, i wanted a relaxing slow paced and cheap hobby, so i bought a .22 henry silver boy, i like the look and feel of the gun, and i didn't want to be all tactical looking. Well, i asked what events would be good for this rifle and he informed me basically none(he didn't know lever action can be single loaded through the breech...), and since i expressed interest in shooting 100 and 200 yards, he told me if i cant hit the black every time he will pull me off the range as a hazard. Im confused, this is a 600 yard range, bullet drop information is all over the net for a .22, its not rocket science, tho i know wind estimation will be huge with a 40 grain bullet, i cant imagine being a "hazard" it's not like im shooting straight up in the air. I told him i shot many years(45-70 out to 300, colt python out to 100 yards), also having shot air rifles a lot we had a hunter class that allowed shooting sticks, i asked if there were anything like that there, he told me no, buffalo class was not .22 caliber...... /rant off

I read the events more closely, there was one that spoke of serious experts along side of total beginners, shooting 50 and 100 yards, seems good to me, i dont expect to beat anyone, im shooting against myself and just wanting the enjoyment of hanging out with other shooters. Is this type of attitude rampant there? im not going to get talked down to by anyone, just wanna chill and have fun, i hope this guy is just a fluke(and seemingly moron)
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not a member of RBGC but I have shot matches there many times and as recently as last Saturday. My experience has been nothing but positive with RBGC's members and range officers. Maybe the person you spoke with did not understand your question, wasn't having a good day.

Anyways, regarding your lever action rifle and the type of matches you can shoot. Are you wanting to shoot from a bench or would you like to shoot from slung up positions I.e. prone, sitting and offhand? Looking at RBGCs shooting venues I figure you can shoot in the following events: Bench rest (rimfire), 100 yard HP & rimfire match/clinic, 200 yard rimfire rifle, NRA light rifle (.22 rimfire) and smallbore rifle. I only have experience with the 100 yard HP & rimfire match/clinic that is run by Ben Franklin. The 100 yard match/clinic is a lot of fun and is perfect for new shooters interested in 3 position shooting matches. The last time I shot Ben's match there was a guy using a Winchester 52 .22LR rifle who seemed to be enjoying himself. I am not sure how competitive your rifle would be for any of these events but I think a shooter with strong marksmanship skills and a off the rack rifle could overcome a less skilled shooter with a good rifle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:59:00 AM EDT
[#2]
This is going to be your first post?
This??
Mother of God. Bitching about RBGC?
Really?
You need to go pray to Jesus for forgiveness and start over.
First post should be a leo lovin unicorn/kittah floating through space with rainbows shooting out the butt and sparkly sunshine raining on us all. Period. Didn't you read the COC??? Damn.....

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, 100% first post. I came here because my googly skills lead me here where in as this site has the most RBGC posts. Seriously tho i know it's a retarded first post, sorry for that, but YOU were my last hope.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is going to be your first post?
This??
Mother of God. Bitching about RBGC?
Really?
You need to go pray to Jesus for forgiveness and start over.
First post should be a leo lovin unicorn/kittah floating through space with rainbows shooting out the butt and sparkly sunshine raining on us all. Period. Didn't you read the COC??? Damn.....

View Quote

I'm noticing a pattern here from your posts?

Do you need a hug?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#5]
So google lead you here... So you went though he hassle to register and get in the board... Then come to our HTF to bitch about river bend... What did you expect us to do about it ??? Keep using you Google fu and find out what member here is with rbgc and shoot him a Im... Other than that why fight to shoot at a place where you are in welcomed???
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are talking to someone who doesn't know you can single shot a lever action you've got the wrong person.

I would look on the match calendar and see what match your rifle fits in and get in touch with whoever is running the match.

They should be able get you straight.

OP, I would change your post to a request for info/clarification

Fellow htf'ers.

We've got a new fellow shooter looking for info on how to enjoy his hobby with others.

Let's see if we can help him out.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Club website

Club Facebook

It might help you to do some research on the club and  facility itself.

Look around on the club website and you`ll find info about the various ranges and matches held on them.

The Facebook page has a very neat feature that lets you see the actual ranges.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a member, there are two sides to everything.  I suggest that you look at the website see what events interest you and show up all matches are open to anyone. I guarantee you will find everyone helpful, and friendly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Good thing he did not do a first post about being an NFA owner and going to Riverbend , The love in here would be epic . Based on the past experience of people I know who have been to Riverbend I an not shocked. That said a Henry is really not a target rifle that would be typically used to shoot matches regardless of how it is loaded.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#10]
At least his first post wasn't about a 80% build party.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do you need a hug?
View Quote

... I'm not me when I am hungry. I needed a snickers bar. And maybe a hug.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I live in murrayville, and ive yet to go to RBGC, having shot for many years, i wanted a relaxing slow paced and cheap hobby, so i bought a .22 henry silver boy, i like the look and feel of the gun, and i didn't want to be all tactical looking.
View Quote

You're in the wrong place bro
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#13]
14ers.  

Guess this is that whole "sense of entitlement"  that we're seeing more and more often.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info, the smart ass reply's dont really matter, as i completely understand what this board is, and it's to be expected it will have some tacticool types with a military hardon of fantasy shoot outs with the government, its fine, i can over look that mental retardation part. Thanks again for all the info, and what is a entitled 14er(you want to punch some KID working a shit job for little ceaser's, would you rather he get welfare instead)? Ill register a new account and ask about buying lowers and builds, bullet proof vests, combat gear, growing long thick beards with dark shades and khaki colored clothing, get a tacticool vest with about 20 ar mag pockets, a paracord bracelet and a plastic band watch(so we can all zero them together and have the exact time as you never know when the government is going to raid us and we need to be able to use out special forces like skills in unison..............

oh fuck me i forgot, I GOT GET MY BUG OUT BAG BUILT BRO's!!!!

Thanks to the normal folk that understands a simple question(that involves education and life experience beyond internet forum trolling and seeking self gratification)

PS: I shot archery comps for years, it's funny how so called "men" gather around events to try and be more manly, talk shit, start shit, but in reality are just fat lonely and pathetic. It's like a sickness, stuff like this just attracts parasites and mental vampires to feed off others lol.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info, the smart ass reply's dont really matter, as i completely understand what this board is, and it's to be expected it will have some tacticool types with a military hardon of fantasy shoot outs with the government, its fine, i can over look that mental retardation part. Thanks again for all the info, and what is a entitled 14er(you want to punch some KID working a shit job for little ceaser's, would you rather he get welfare instead)? Ill register a new account and ask about buying lowers and builds, bullet proof vests, combat gear, growing long thick beards with dark shades and khaki colored clothing, get a tacticool vest with about 20 ar mag pockets, a paracord bracelet and a plastic band watch(so we can all zero them together and have the exact time as you never know when the government is going to raid us and we need to be able to use out special forces like skills in unison..............

Thanks to the normal folk that understands a simple question(that involves education and life experience beyond internet forum trolling and seeking self gratification)

PS: I shot archery comps for years, it's funny how so called "men" gather around events to try and be more manly, talk shit, start shit, but in reality are just fat lonely and pathetic. It's like a sickness, stuff like this just attracts parasites and mental vampires to feed off others lol.....
View Quote

Go to the haberdashery section and join the facial pubic hair discussions . You will enjoy those
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#16]
You are welcome to stay but this is not the place for Elmer Fudd... If you dont like tactical the may i suggest you go to the outdoors trader or GON...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Good thing he did not do a first post about being an NFA owner and going to Riverbend , The love in here would be epic . Based on the past experience of people I know who have been to Riverbend I an not shocked. That said a Henry is really not a target rifle that would be typically used to shoot matches regardless of how it is loaded.
View Quote
Wait, what is it about RBGC and NFA items?  I read their rules and looked like SBR's and suppressors were gtg.  I have been contemplating a membership there because I want to have access to the longer ranges, but I would also like to shoot my shorter AR's there as well.  Trying to justify the price point to see if it would be worth it.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just some advice we have many well respected MIL and LEO in here the GAHTF is not like there rest of ar15 so you may want to watch it on the military hard on jokes. As to your other incoherent remarks we are not kids or tinfoil hat retards like you encounter on other boards. We do not take kindly to an outsider bashing people on local business owners that are good to us and support the hobby that we all share...
Just remember you are the one who searched us out for some reason and the came in pissed off looking for a fight....
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Define trolling......
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Define trolling......
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow I want to hang out with the original poster and subscribe to his news letter on meeting new people and making friends.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Familiar?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just some advice we have many well respected MIL and LEO in here the GAHTF is not like there rest of ar15 so you may want to watch it on the military hard on jokes. As to your other incoherent remarks we are not kids or tinfoil hat retards like you encounter on other boards. We do not take kindly to an outsider bashing people on local business owners that are good to us and support the hobby that we all share...
Just remember you are the one who searched us out for some reason and the came in pissed off looking for a fight....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1st post, 14er, bashing ...... hmmmm perhaps a repeat offender, banned member, or just .... well .... I've said nuff
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

1st post, 14er, bashing ...... hmmmm perhaps a repeat offender, banned member, or just .... well .... I've said nuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#26]
In before Norcal
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wait, what is it about RBGC and NFA items?  I read their rules and looked like SBR's and suppressors were gtg.  I have been contemplating a membership there because I want to have access to the longer ranges, but I would also like to shoot my shorter AR's there as well.  Trying to justify the price point to see if it would be worth it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They used to completely ban them even suppressors . The reasons given were full retard . They have loosen the rules . They still require you and an RO to share a sleeping bag for a camping trip but now you can be the big spoon .
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Define trolling......
View Quote

Needs more prayer.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Now hear this Now hear this Makeitflyfast please report to the bridge. Makeitflyfast please report to the bridge.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
They used to completely ban them even suppressors . The reasons given were full retard . They have loosen the rules . They still require you and an RO to share a sleeping bag for a camping trip but now you can be the big spoon .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm... That would definitely be a deciding factor.  I don't want to be judged by the RO's for what I would be shooting if it's within the rules.  Especially for not what it costs to have a membership there.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]
IM sent. I am a longtime RBGC member and RSO and would like to know the facts.

I would say welcome to arfcom, but you've already worn that out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#34]
You must post which retread this is.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#35]
IT'S FO TIME !
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh, what the hell.  In before the familiar ban.  It's been a  while.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh goodie!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you need a hug?

Too bad!

Get a snickers and get over it. I don't do hugs
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now we're getting somewhere....  

GD is thataway ------> http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_1/5_General_Discussion.html
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
At least his first post wasn't about a 80% build party.
View Quote

Or a half _ _ _ _
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Update ? Who was this guy ?
Outsidelookingin ???
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This. While OP is unarguably moron/troll; I would not be surprised if the email was real. Riverbend is where the fudds with lots of money go to shoot their yearly 5 rounds out of their Winchester .270 WSSMs and Weatherby .284s. If you have a firearm that is actually useful for something Creekside or Gunsite Hills is the place to go.

I have heard the matches there are good to go to, but no way I'd get a membership there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm not aware of anything I could do at another range that I can't do at river bend aside from full auto mag dumps, but FA mag dumps aren't something I'm missing.  It's worth the money because I can go up there on a week day and have any number of the ranges on the property completely to myself for hours at a time. My range time isn't just training time... it's R&R time, and being by myself in a nice setting is part of the whole deal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Update ? Who was this guy ?

Outsidelookingin ???
View Quote
lol

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:19:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This. While OP is unarguably moron/troll; I would not be surprised if the email was real. Riverbend is where the fudds with lots of money go to shoot their yearly 5 rounds out of their Winchester .270 WSSMs and Weatherby .284s. If you have a firearm that is actually useful for something Creekside or Gunsite Hills is the place to go.

I have heard the matches there are good to go to, but no way I'd get a membership there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know jack about RBGC, friend. It is worth every penny to me. I was welcomed with open arms by the service rifle and highpower shooting crowd, including riflemen who can out-shoot anybody here with the AR-15 platform ANY DAY, and we have the individual awards and national records to prove it. I have been involved with the club for years, and have fought the Fudds as you call them, to the poiint where we have a lot of our bunch elected to high board positions, and have clout to get things changed. Full auto is an insurance problem but something is being worked out, and suppressors have been cool for some time. We have tac rifle and pistol events, GSSF events, and I can drive 14 miles and shoot 600 yards anytime I want. Not worth it? Find another.

I am tired of no-shooting loudmouths running down RBGC like we all wear gilligan hats and shoot smallbore. There are many members of this HTF whom are members and great shooters, and I'd like to see you show up and whip some of us with our Fudd guns. LMAO

Go shoot Creekside and Gunsite, both great places. When you think you can shoot come to the RBGC and prove it. If you do, you're a daisy. We'll put you on the team.

The biggest complaint of RBGC is some cant afford it (boo fucking hoo), or want to blast mag dump after mag dump all over the range like some Montana militiaman wannabe. That's what Ashley's place is for.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:47:20 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You don't know jack about RBGC, friend. It is worth every penny to me. I was welcomed with open arms by the service rifle and highpower shooting crowd, including riflemen who can out-shoot anybody here with the AR-15 platform ANY DAY, and we have the individual awards and national records to prove it. I have been involved with the club for years, and have fought the Fudds as you call them, to the poiint where we have a lot of our bunch elected to high board positions, and have clout to get things changed. Full auto is an insurance problem but something is being worked out, and suppressors have been cool for some time. We have tac rifle and pistol events, GSSF events, and I can drive 14 miles and shoot 600 yards anytime I want. Not worth it? Find another.

I am tired of no-shooting loudmouths running down RBGC like we all wear gilligan hats and shoot smallbore. There are many members of this HTF whom are members and great shooters, and I'd like to see you show up and whip some of us with our Fudd guns. LMAO

Go shoot Creekside and Gunsite, both great places. When you think you can shoot come to the RBGC and prove it. If you do, you're a daisy. We'll put you on the team.

The biggest complaint of RBGC is some cant afford it (boo fucking hoo), or want to blast mag dump after mag dump all over the range like some Montana militiaman wannabe. That's what Ashley's place is for.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well done. I need to stop being so nice on here.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like I said, I've heard the matches there are GTG, and that you don't have to be a member to shoot in them. And maybe things have changed for the better, but a few years ago when I was looking into getting a membership it was certainly not welcoming to the shooter with anything modern/military/shoots distance but wants to shoot steel. And you're damn right people complain about the fees, combine the attitude (that according to some here has changed) with the fact that dues are two, three, or even four times what everyone else charges - hard to justify.

I can't tell you how disappointing it is to roll up with a suppressed precision AR and get lorded over by the RO who thinks you're gonna launch a million NDs over the berm just because you don't have a bolt action. Yeah, I make fun of fudds, but I'm never rude to them on the range like that. In fact, I try to help them whenever I can, just because that's what all shooters should do - be helpful and friendly to other shooters. Unfortunately the fudds don't reciprocate that feeling.

So, if I come across as criticizing the place a little harshly, just put yourself in my shoes - would you risk $600 for a membership where you may not be welcome?

I never claimed I was a great shooter, in fact I'm only average at best, but I'm not sure how that's relevant to whether or not Riverbend is the best place EVAR to shoot. Also, not everyone with a f/a is Rambo and just mag dumps.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for commenting.  I'm just looking for a place that I can shoot ALL my guns at.  From what you said, it still sounds like a place I could do that.  TBH, I have heard plenty of "fudd" complaints about Creekside as well.  RBGC would definitely be closer for me.  I may PM you when I'm getting closer to making a decision on where to join.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh come on, who was it?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top