Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Teufel,

I spent the extra money trying to get it here by today, which I had something planned with a group of guys, but that all got canceled due to the weather. Not sure why it's any concern of yours as to why I spent extra on shipping?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread started off kind of lame, but the last half has been pretty good. I got a few laughs and had a question answered. I always wondered if deaf people wore hearing protection around loud noises.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread started off kind of lame, but the last half has been pretty good. I got a few laughs and had a question answered. I always wondered if deaf people wore hearing protection around loud noises.
View Quote

Guy I used to hang out with is deaf, but he had a killer stereo system in his truck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nascar - Don't need ear pro , but yet I do hear the cars, but not to the point where it hurts.

Guns - Yes, definitely hear it and need ear pro.

Not completely deaf, just a severe hearing loss.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nascar - Don't need ear pro , but yet I do hear the cars, but not to the point where it hurts.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were you born deaf or did it come later?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I opened this thread thinking I was going to read something cool. Now I feel like I was robbed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Came later when I was 3.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]

I do not laugh very often but I just laughed at this.

Just cause my ears don't work doesn't mean my eardrums can't still burst. When I shoot unprotected, it still hurts my ears.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You must have not seen the thread about the stolen handgun...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like Jim Ellis Porsche is at it again.

??? Do tell. I've been a customer of JEP and have had a very good experience. In fact one of the best of any dealer, Acura of Athens being the only 'better' experience but that  was due to the wife.

You must have not seen the thread about the stolen handgun...  

Saw it but didn't really read all the details so didn't know it was JEP. Sucks but why would you leave a gun at ANY shop?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:17:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Man, get in touch with one of us or make a thread about what you're looking for. No need to send shit off when there's locals to handle it.

You answered my question as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Man, get in touch with one of us or make a thread about what you're looking for. No need to send shit off when there's locals to handle it.

You answered my question as well.
View Quote

i agree with this, there is a lot of local talent that can assemble rifles, even do coating work, and machining. my reference to being vague is not naming the company your having an issue with. you start a thread on a internet  forum then give few details and wonder why people have questions. Mike said it best, anytime you send out a weapon, i can take FOREVER, that's happened to me, but i have a safe full of black rifles and pistols so i don't care. airing out your grievances doesn't go as planed around here, be glad it's the HTF and not GD

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Today's Monday.  Is is there yet?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I shot clays with a guy that had in-ear hearing aids.  When he got ready to shoot he'd just turn them down.  Not that I'd want to have hearing loss but if I did I'd want those.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#14]
There are two types of hearing aids, ones with molds that you can put inside your ears and that's basically an amplifier. The other kind of hearing aid requires surgery, and is a cochlear implant and it is hardwired into your nerves. The first option doesn't work very well for me and a lot of noises are hard to distinguish, so I don't have hearing aids of any sort.

I talk and lip ready very effectively, so I've gotten by without the use of them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Guy I used to hang out with is deaf, but he had a killer stereo system in his truck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the guys I play Paintball with is deaf and has a killer car stereo in his truck, but all the money is in the Zero to 300 Hz part of the frequency range. He feels the beat, doesn't hear it. He almost got arrested the other day after getting pulled over for a too loud stereo. The Officer thought he was being a smart ass when the officer asked him to turn it down and he cupped his hand up to his ear and said, "WHAT? I can't hear you I'm deaf!"

I don't care for it when he plays against me because he doesn't hear you yell HIT and he keeps lighting you up if you stand up and say Hit. His eyes pick up everything since they are his only sensory source.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Did you get it yet?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#17]
How about now?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did you get it yet?
View Quote

I was told I would be getting the tracking today, but they haven't responded to my message. I don't even know if I should stay home or not tomorrow in case it shows up. Shows what an incompetent business they are.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Teufel,

I spent the extra money trying to get it here by today, which I had something planned with a group of guys, but that all got canceled due to the weather. Not sure why it's any concern of yours as to why I spent extra on shipping?

View Quote

You are missing my point, Piss Poor Planning (not getting it bought and coated sooner) on your part, doesn't make it an emergency on the part of the Vender. AND if you had bought it sooner getting it coated sooner, then you would not have had to spend the outrageous amount to have it Next Day Aired both ways. Lastly, if the event was going to happen that soon, I would have installed or asked for help installing the LPK then used the lower for the event, then have it coated at my leisure afterwards. But that is just me.

It is not my concern, but you are airing your foolishness for everybody to comment on. Who gets bent about a Cerakote job? What were you going to do if when you got it back on time and it wasn't correct and the Upper would not mate to the Lower? The money spent on shipping was probably enough to buy a complete second lower.

Of course this is all after the fact and hindsight is 20/20. Additionally, it didn't happen to me so I have no way of knowing or having all the facts, but it still seems that the Vender is not in the wrong here. You didn't plan far enough in advance and had an unrealistic expectation of when a job would be finished that you had no prior experience with.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was told I would be getting the tracking today, but they haven't responded to my message. I don't even know if I should stay home or not tomorrow in case it shows up. Shows what an incompetent business they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you get it yet?

I'm just busting your balls.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You are missing my point, Piss Poor Planning (not getting it bought and coated sooner) on your part, doesn't make it an emergency on the part of the Vender. AND if you had bought it sooner getting it coated sooner, then you would not have had to spend the outrageous amount to have it Next Day Aired both ways. Lastly, if the event was going to happen that soon, I would have installed or asked for help installing the LPK then used the lower for the event, then have it coated at my leisure afterwards. But that is just me.

It is not my concern, but you are airing your foolishness for everybody to comment on. Who gets bent about a Cerakote job? What were you going to do if when you got it back on time and it wasn't correct and the Upper would not mate to the Lower? The money spent on shipping was probably enough to buy a complete second lower.

Of course this is all after the fact and hindsight is 20/20. Additionally, it didn't happen to me so I have no way of knowing or having all the facts, but it still seems that the Vender is not in the wrong here. You didn't plan far enough in advance and had an unrealistic expectation of when a job would be finished that you had no prior experience with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Teufel,

While I do agree that it was piss poor planning on my part, the matter of the fact is that he agreed to my time constraint, and at this point, I frankly don't care anymore. I just want to get it back and get it over with and move on.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

While I do agree that it was piss poor planning on my part, the matter of the fact is that he agreed to my time constraint, and at this point, I frankly don't care anymore. I just want to get it back and get it over with and move on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Teufel,

This.....

It does not matter how poorly the OP planned what does matter is the vendor who has yet to be named agreed to complete the job within a certain timeframe and failed to meet their obligations.

On the other hand the vendor probably has better things to do than turnout work when promised.

td
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Teufel,

If the vendor stepped up and said they could do it, then it IS their fault.  Do they not know how to run a business or do you think its your job to tell them what they are and aren't capable of doing without even knowing their limitations?  Regardless of  the ops planning, only the vendor knows what they are able to do.  The way I was taught, if a man says he is going to do something, he damn well better do it or keep his mouth shut.  Guess that doesn't apply to what other people were taught including this vendor.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:55:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Welp, I just finally got tracking late last night after two days of being told I'd get it early Monday morning. Tracking shows it will arrive this morning, probably between 10-11AM.

I am out of town for work, but when I get home and inspect everything, I will report back.

In the meantime, I'll just leave a clue on who the shop is.

_ _ _ _ _ S _ _ _                          T _ _ _ I _ _

IF anyone can correctly guess it, I'll send a free 30 round PMAG! Let the guessing begin!

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#25]
For some reason, I can't separate the two words, but the T signals the start of the second word. Just a FYI.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For some reason, I can't separate the two words, but the T signals the start of the second word. Just a FYI.
View Quote

Keep your 10 dollar mag and just say the name.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Welp, I just finally got tracking late last night after two days of being told I'd get it early Monday morning. Tracking shows it will arrive this morning, probably between 10-11AM.

I am out of town for work, but when I get home and inspect everything, I will report back.

IF anyone can correctly guess it, I'll send a free 30 round PMAG! Let the guessing begin!

View Quote

Are you seriously serious right now?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#28]
WTF is this,Wheel Of Fortune???
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Supersize Titties

I'll take the pmag. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#31]
OP should rapidly consume a bowl of dicks with his guessing games.

First it was an 80%build party. Then it was a whiney-ass thread about how his vagina caught a little sand. The guessing games. What's next?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

First it was an 80%build party. Then it was a whiney-ass thread about how his vagina caught a little sand. The guessing games. What's next?
View Quote

wh_  th_   fu_k  kno_s
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#33]
shenanigans I say
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL - this thread is rated GD......... I'm still laughing.....
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I vote familiar.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I just wish he would have posted this in the FB group so we could really mess with him...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just wish he would have posted this in the FB group so we could really mess with him...
View Quote

It would have been glorious.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Since apparently the GA HTF has devolved into a GD style format...........

Quoted:
View Quote

I'll give you two mags if you can deep throat the giveaway mag.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#39]
sometimes I shake my head and walk away

others times I shake my head, giggle a little bit, and walk away
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/VQWl1HE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jRLDc6N.png

http://i.imgur.com/l70YdSm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6fLNRYb.png

http://i.imgur.com/Z2CB8jX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2I89GQk.png
http://i.imgur.com/fEI4RUP.jpg

This is so wrong to admit, but I'm laughing my friggen ass off right now!  And I have no clue what it means.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is so wrong to admit, but I'm laughing my friggen ass off right now!  And I have no clue what it means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/VQWl1HE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jRLDc6N.png

http://i.imgur.com/l70YdSm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6fLNRYb.png

http://i.imgur.com/2I89GQk.png
http://i.imgur.com/fEI4RUP.jpg

Hint:

OP _s a _ag
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys are really roughing it up on me!

Anyhow, I got home, and wasted no time checking out the package that arrived. Upon opening it, I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the Cerakote job that he did on it. Really surpassed my expectations, to say the least, thinking it would have been half-assed. This wasn't the case.

+1 For this.

On the other hand, as for customer service/communication, I would have to give it a - 1. I spoke with the owner, and thanked him for the work that was done on it, and he then apologized for the job completion being late ( claims he was swamped ) and admitted that communication wasn't his forte.

Initially, I would have went on his business Facebook page and posted a horrible review, but I won't do it. He did an exceptional job.

The business is Precision Tactical out of Florida, owned and ran by Ward and his friend. They also do custom slides for Glocks, but they are rather expensive. He quoted a slide job for me at $399, a little too high for my taste, but it does look badass though.

Here are the pics.

And guys, give me a break on the Wheel of Fortune crap. Thought someone could have enjoyed a free PMAG, but jeeeeeez. By the way, that fingerspelling picture made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Any of our HTF shops could of done the same thing. Ask here what you want done and you'll get several options that are local. Support your in state guys.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#45]
If I was them I would have tossed the whole shebang in a wood chipper and mailed it back (overnight of course ) a sliver at a time.

Also- I wouldn't subject any of the htf shops to your abuse.  Keep sending it out of state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:26:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If I was them I would have tossed the whole shebang in a wood chipper and mailed it back (overnight of course ) a sliver at a time.

Also- I wouldn't subject any of the htf shops to your abuse.  Keep sending it out of state.
View Quote

Uh, Yep.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Take time learn to do it yourself. I doubt a bare lower would be that hard... Or maybe that's the painter coming out in me...
PUT SOME PPG ON IT !
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Look, a plastic dust cover!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Look, a plastic dust cover!

View Quote

Your point being? Pmags are made of polymer.I don't see you ragging on them. The dust cover is not a critical part, so unless you have something better to say, GTFO.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#50]
I agree with an above poster. Keep sending your business elsewhere. I know of no shop I would wish your antics on.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top