Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/22/2014 1:04:12 PM EDT
Where do I even start to begin with? I have never experienced such horrible customer service in my life, and I will now forever regret having done business with them.

Initially, I was told the turnaround time would be a couple days, which essentially means 2-4 days, maybe a week max. Impressed by their " turnaround " time, I sent the parts down there via UPS Next Day Air, which arrived on November 5th.Two days pass, and I request for an update to see if they had started the process, and they kept mum and would not respond to my messages and e-mail.

The following Monday, which would have been the 3rd business day, I requested an update, only to have them go off on me, saying they were closed for Veteran's Day. I'm sorry, but you didn't inform me or posted on your Facebook that you would be closed for two days. Great. On Wednesday, I was told that the order would be complete and put together on Thursday, November 13th, which was acceptable.

I messaged and emailed them, hoping to get a response all day Friday, when I finally got a response late Friday night and that's when they had asked for shipping Information.and didn't respond back after I gave them the info. Saturday, no response from them either, but I did text one of the owners,it showed that he " read " my messages, and I explained to him that I would have liked an answer in regards to my order status, but he did not respond. The next day Sunday, I once asked for an update, and this is when he texted me back, being VERY RUDE AND VERY disrespectful. I'm sorry, but the fact that you've been ignoring me warranties me contacting you on Sunday. I have saved the conversation and have proof, should he claim not to have been rude.

The next day, on Monday,November 17th, I was asked for my CC information for payment. I gave him the information, and he states that it was declined? I figured maybe that there was a slight error, so I gave him my other CC information, and he states that it was declined too? With this information, I went to my bank branch and they stated that my cards weren't even being charged, nor did they attempt to charge it. I'm not sure if the morons put in my card number incorrectly ( this wouldn't surprise me ), but I called them by phone, and explained to them that my bank isn't putting a block on my card, and asked them to try again. The owner lashed out at the interpreter ( I am deaf and use a relay service ), and he hung up on me saying " I want a certified check, and I'm not doing this again ".

Instead of mailing them a certified check, I got my buddy who lives down the road from them to drop off the money. I'm pretty sure they were BS'ing me on the CC information, because when my buddy went in, he said their CC machines were up. I'm assuming they wanted me to mail a certified check because they knew it would only get on my nerves more.

Today's November 22nd, and this marks the 17th day they've had the part. I am supposed to be getting it either Monday or Tuesday, and I would not be surprised if they intentionally damaged the part and/or paint. If they did, there's hell to pay. The next morning after my buddy dropped off the money, I was told that the package would have to be signed for when delivered. I asked for the tracking information so I could make sure that I would be there when it comes, and his response was " I'm sorry I don't have time for this and it's early in the morning" UN-FUCKING REAL.

To the two owners of this business. FUCK YOU!!!!! I will disclose the business name and the owners after I receive the package.

I am also going to report them to the BBB and write my reviews about them all over the damn internet.

//end rant.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
All that whiney-ass shit and you don't even tell us who the company is? -1
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Get it off your chest, how do you really feel about it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get it off your chest, how do you really feel about it?
View Quote

I'm usually pretty good at deciphering what people are trying to say and I don't believe that he's too awful happy with the place. He was a little evasive so I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gotta agree
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the company, part, work to be done, etc?

Also,

The next day, on Monday,November 24th, I was asked for my CC information for payment.
View Quote

Did you mean to say that you're going to text him tomorrow and that you're living in the future?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
They probably figured you were a whiney demanding customer.  You yourself said a few days is 2-4 days.  And yet you called on day 2 wanting to know if they started yet.  Surely you tracked the package and know that it arrived, why not give them the other 2 days to you know...........work.  Instead you pitched a hissy contacting them during non business hours expecting......no demanding a reply.

Just saying man, you sound like a bitch

ETA I have no skin in this game, nut these types of shaming business posts rarely work out well for the OP.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
#unrealisticexpexpectations

And you need to calm down dude.  You're gonna stroke out.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd rather not disclose the company until I receive the package. Don't know if they are affiliated with this local forum or not.

Also, they DID say 2-3 Days. I was inquiring about when to expect it to be done, since I was considering upgrading the shipping so that it would get back here quicker, but that turns out not to be the case.

I'm not one to complain much, but from what I've seen on their Facebook page, others have been complaining about them. Just wish I saw the reviews before I sent it out.

Nov 24th date  - Fixed the date in post. It was on Nov 17th.

Quoted:

Also,

Did you mean to say that you're going to text him tomorrow and that you're living in the future?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Also,

The next day, on Monday,November 24th, I was asked for my CC information for payment.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like Jim Ellis Porsche is at it again.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Botach or Cheaper Than Dirt thread??
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE:

I paid extra to have it shipped next day air back here, and they got the payment early Friday morning. They're saying they're not going to ship it out until Monday? Seriously?

Fucking douches at its best.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
-87 for vague bitch session
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
-87 for vague bitch session
View Quote

Which part is vague for you?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Gotta agree
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta agree

Yep.

gd
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#16]
They have YET to ship it out, and I'm not about to have a snitch from this website who may be all buddy buddy with them, and they decide to retaliate in some shape, way or form.

When I get the package, I will go into further details.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty sure if I was the other party I'd be able to figure out who you were and were posting about me.

How many Deaf people call and text and have this exact issue?

identifying indicators

Deaf (uses interp)
calls several times and text's
friend drops off money instead of requested check
order ships monday

Yep if I was one of the owners I'd know who it was!

If it's Bookhound he's going to love you tenderly! *only gun related 2 owner business I could think of and I don't think it's him he's too upstanding*
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Calling the company on Sundays and Veteran's Day when 90+% of businesses are closed?   This is unreal.  If I were that business, I would have said "F You!" and mailed back your part and blacklisted you.  

Nobody should call within the first two days.  That is just obsessive and unacceptable.  If a week went by and you heard nothing, then it would warrant a call.  But the first two days are borderline psycho.

I feel bad for my friends that work at gun stores and some a-hole calls them twice a day asking "Did my gun come in yet that is being shipped to you for a transfer???"   The gun shop asks "Did you get deliver confirmation from your shipping company?"   The d-bag says "No, but I thought I would check to see if you got it yet."  

Some people should be banned from retail.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I feel like I've lost IQ points from trying to read this.

Btw if you "txt" someone....how exactly do you get a they've read it receipt?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto

On the iPhone if both are using Imsg
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow!

Patience is a virtue.  Custom work of any kind, in any industry usually requires it!

So basically you gave them a huge customer service headache by sending numerous demanding messages (which as you are figuring out can have the opposite effect).  Then rushed them to complete your job?  Probably is screwed up and I would expect to do biz with them again!

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#22]
These threads always deliver.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

These threads always deliver.
View Quote
And rarely work in the OP's favor.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow!

Patience is a virtue.  Custom work of any kind, in any industry usually requires it!

So basically you gave them a huge customer service headache by sending numerous demanding messages (which as you are figuring out can have the opposite effect).  Then rushed them to complete your job?  Probably is screwed up and I would expect to do biz with them again!

View Quote

I realize the lead time on custom work can be months or even years but.......

It sounds like the OP had a deadline and the vendor agreed to work within his time constraints. To add insult to injury the OP paid for overnight shipping both ways which ain't cheap.

This reminds me of the shithead that replaced the clutch in my tractor last year. I knew the clutch was going out so I scheduled a time to drop off my tractor. I asked him how long and he said 4 weeks or less. I think I finally got my tractor back 6 months later. During that time I had to beg, borrow and steal to get a crop in ground because my tractor was in pieces at his shop.

td

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Unrealistic expectation is unrealistic.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Unrealistic expectation is unrealistic.
View Quote

Not if the vendor agreed to meet his expectations no matter how unrealistic....

td
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#27]
All the shop is doing is custom cerakoting it a color I want, and installing the Daniel Defense lower parts kit that I supplied them with.

Tree, yes me and the owner came to terms of turnaround/service time of no longer a week. He knew the importance and did nothing but beat around the bush.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

All the shop is doing is custom cerakoting it a color I want, and installing the Daniel Defense lower parts kit that I supplied them with.

Tree, yes me and the owner came to terms of turnaround/service time of no longer a week. He knew the importance and did nothing but beat around the bush.

View Quote
Still not going to tell us what shop?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#29]
The suspense is killing me!  

Not really, just waiting on OP to reveal his secret answer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I feel like this is going to be the Adco thread from GD...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/621142_Thoughts_on_this_pin_weld_job_.html
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ditto

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

It's an option on iPhone in settings. You can have it to where people see if a message has been delivered or read, and at what time and date you read it. Or you turn it off and it just let's them know it's been delivered.

I agree with most, if he said a week give him two with no comms then place a call/send email. If it's been three weeks and unresponsive, maybe raise a little hell depending on the importance of that one particular part in your daily life. I can't see it being that important unless your entering a gun show contest for prettiest lower. I personally wouldn't call every single day even after it had been three weeks as that's probably just gonna make matters worse rather than create solutions that are in your favor.

Lastly, most folks in this business are veterans or are very strong supporters of our veterans and would probably not be working on..wait for it...Veterans Day!!!

Gotta admit though, I really want to know who it is causing this bad of a rash on the OPs ass. Maybe it's just early Christmas excitement making everything more interesting.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought Southerners were supposed to be patient???
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Where do I even start to begin with? I have never experienced such horrible customer service in my life, and I will now forever regret having done business with them.

Initially, I was told the turnaround time would be a couple days, which essentially means 2-4 days, maybe a week max. Impressed by their " turnaround " time, I sent the parts down there via UPS Next Day Air, which arrived on November 5th.Two days pass, and I request for an update to see if they had started the process, and they kept mum and would not respond to my messages and e-mail.

The following Monday, which would have been the 3rd business day, I requested an update, only to have them go off on me, saying they were closed for Veteran's Day. I'm sorry, but you didn't inform me or posted on your Facebook that you would be closed for two days. Great. On Wednesday, I was told that the order would be complete and put together on Thursday, November 13th, which was acceptable.

I messaged and emailed them, hoping to get a response all day Friday, when I finally got a response late Friday night and that's when they had asked for shipping Information.and didn't respond back after I gave them the info. Saturday, no response from them either, but I did text one of the owners,it showed that he " read " my messages, and I explained to him that I would have liked an answer in regards to my order status, but he did not respond. The next day Sunday, I once asked for an update, and this is when he texted me back, being VERY RUDE AND VERY disrespectful. I'm sorry, but the fact that you've been ignoring me warranties me contacting you on Sunday. I have saved the conversation and have proof, should he claim not to have been rude.

The next day, on Monday,November 17th, I was asked for my CC information for payment. I gave him the information, and he states that it was declined? I figured maybe that there was a slight error, so I gave him my other CC information, and he states that it was declined too? With this information, I went to my bank branch and they stated that my cards weren't even being charged, nor did they attempt to charge it. I'm not sure if the morons put in my card number incorrectly ( this wouldn't surprise me ), but I called them by phone, and explained to them that my bank isn't putting a block on my card, and asked them to try again. The owner lashed out at the interpreter ( I am deaf and use a relay service ), and he hung up on me saying " I want a certified check, and I'm not doing this again ".

Instead of mailing them a certified check, I got my buddy who lives down the road from them to drop off the money. I'm pretty sure they were BS'ing me on the CC information, because when my buddy went in, he said their CC machines were up. I'm assuming they wanted me to mail a certified check because they knew it would only get on my nerves more.

Today's November 22nd, and this marks the 17th day they've had the part. I am supposed to be getting it either Monday or Tuesday, and I would not be surprised if they intentionally damaged the part and/or paint. If they did, there's hell to pay. The next morning after my buddy dropped off the money, I was told that the package would have to be signed for when delivered. I asked for the tracking information so I could make sure that I would be there when it comes, and his response was " I'm sorry I don't have time for this and it's early in the morning" UN-FUCKING REAL.

To the two owners of this business. FUCK YOU!!!!! I will disclose the business name and the owners after I receive the package.

I am also going to report them to the BBB and write my reviews about them all over the damn internet.

//end rant.
View Quote
F*ck, quit dog piling.  Op is f*cking deaf. Give him a f*cking break!!  Yeah, he was a little quick on the trigger as far as his response but damn, we are not like this.  He did not name anybody.  Cool your jets!!

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

??? Do tell. I've been a customer of JEP and have had a very good experience. In fact one of the best of any dealer, Acura of Athens being the only 'better' experience but that  was due to the wife.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
??? Do tell. I've been a customer of JEP and have had a very good experience. In fact one of the best of any dealer, Acura of Athens being the only 'better' experience but that  was due to the wife.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have not seen the thread about the stolen handgun...

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#36]
John Willis is making a video about the OP as we speak...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#37]
So you needed this back in time to go fight a war?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#38]
2 is 1 and 1 is none.  Did you break that rule and not have a back up gun?  I could see how that would get someone's blood pressure up.

Anyone in the gun business giving out time estimates is more than likely flat out lying to your face unaware of all the time traps that can be lurking around every corner.

You need to input their time estimate into the GaHunter's estimate conversion chart to get you a more realistic time frame.  It works like this.

they say -> reality

hours -> days
days -> weeks
weeks -> quarters (of a year), or if you are lucky, it will just be months
months -> each month quoted must be tripled at least, possibly 6 times at the high end.
years -> better put it in your will, so your kids can be on the look out for it.

I have personally experienced the first 4.  At first, it bothered me.  Then I learned to accept it.  It is just how the industry seems to work.  

I have had businesses not follow my chart and actually deliver within a reasonable time of their quote.  Those would be Accurate Ordnance on threading jobs, and Ident Marking on engraving jobs.   I've also heard going in person to Glock will be a very quick, while you wait, type of a job.   NFA stamps have been running faster than quoted by Cherokee.  (They say 8 months, came back in 4)  (Obviously mail order and lgs don't apply here)

I have an AK build that would be done in "4 weeks" - if I am lucky, I will get it back in 4 months.  (Already 2 months into it)
I have a 1919 build that was quoted "2 weeks" - 2 months later I am still waiting for it.  It would have been nice to have at the shoot yesterday.  By the above conversion chart, I may have up to 4 more months waiting for it and the AK.  

Good luck OP.  I'm sure you will get your stuff back, and I hope it is done to your liking.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Wait until the OP discovers the nfa branch . He will stroke out
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure what's funnier,that or the John Willis reference .
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are four or five local companies that could have done that for you. I'm not trying to beat you up but shipping your stuff off with the expectation of having it back in a couple days is unrealistic, and if they told you they could meet your deadline, then they're unrealistic in their ability to give out time estimates. One of the locals would have installed the LPK for you free I'm sure.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#42]
TL;DR
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

^ I LOL'ed at this.

Yea, no, wait times with the NFA are ridiculous. I do plan on paying the $200 tax stamp eventually so I can slap a silencer on my AR. Any clue on their wait times currently? I'm guessing 4-6 months, if that.

Also, no need to go easy on me just because I'm deaf.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

^ I LOL'ed at this.

Yea, no, wait times with the NFA are ridiculous. I do plan on paying the $200 tax stamp eventually so I can slap a silencer on my AR. Any clue on their wait times currently? I'm guessing 4-6 months, if that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ I LOL'ed at this.

If you are deaf why buy a silencer ?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ I LOL'ed at this.

Just cause my ears don't work doesn't mean my eardrums can't still burst. When I shoot unprotected, it still hurts my ears.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok I'll admit I was wondering if had to wear hearing protection when shooting.

Quoted:

Just cause my ears don't work doesn't mean my eardrums can't still burst. When I shoot unprotected, it still hurts my ears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ I LOL'ed at this.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#47]
14'er needs to post up company or delete this whine thread
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO! Sorry, but that there is f'n funny. In for the name of the business.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They have YET to ship it out, and I'm not about to have a snitch from this website who may be all buddy buddy with them, and they decide to retaliate in some shape, way or form.

View Quote

In my best New York Accent:

First Of All, why in the world would you call them back and waste money having it next day aired after all the problems? Second, if its firearm related and you are not a competition shooter going to a match TOMORROW, why in the world would you waste money sending it DOWN next day air and back next day air? Third, if you have this money to waste on shipping, why didn't you buy what you wanted/needed in the first place avoiding all this? Fourth, I see you are out of your mind upset but the Rant should come after the part is back in your hand and you have ALL the details.

Just saying.......
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

First Of All, why in the world would you call them back and waste money having it next day aired after all the problems? Second, if its firearm related and you are not a competition shooter going to a match TOMORROW, why in the world would you waste money sending it DOWN next day air and back next day air? Third, if you have this money to waste on shipping, why didn't you buy what you wanted/needed in the first place avoiding all this? Fourth, I see you are out of your mind upset but the Rant should come after the part is back in your hand and you have ALL the details.

Just saying.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying.......

Pop pmags.  A 13er just schooled a 14er!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top