BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"We regret this unfortunate incident happened. We have contacted the customer and will meet with him Monday to resolve this. We will conduct a full investigation to prevent any future issues. Thank you.We regret this unfortunate incident happened. We have contacted the customer and will meet with him Monday to resolve this. We will conduct a full investigation to prevent any future issues. Thank you."

Copied from Facebook.  Let us know the outcome!
View Quote

Yeah I saw that. Honestly I never asked for anyone to go and start leaving the reviews and start hounding them, but I appreciate the folks who did in an effort to create some action. I think it's fair to say that this is now being done so I think it's the right thing to do to stop hounding them with reviews until such a time that they've shown what their investigation reveals.

I really wasn't looking for a new gun out of this, I simply want mine back, and the perp who took it pay the price and also not have a stolen gun on the streets. To all those calling for my head as an idiot or irresponsible gun owner, I've already said I'm willing to shoulder some of the blame and in the future, trust absolutely no one.

Once again, thanks for those who have shown support. I'll be back to report on how the situation pans out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#2]
OK. Don't have to be all fruity about it. God does not like fruity BS in gun forums don't ya know. We know God sees all. We also know God expects us to beat the devil outta gun thieves. Would you like me to quote some good ol' fashion OT?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Police report has been filed. I am not happy with the call I received from the Service Mgr this morning who essentially said sorry, but we're not responsible. I'm giving them til Monday to at least have the GM contact me, but it did not seem like they were interested in even investigating.

It takes someone special to make a habit out of checking out what's in a customer's locked glove box. At the end of the day it's just been a bad series of events. I should have had my car back late Monday, or Tuesday before I had to head out of town, and it would've been worked on by my friend who works there. Instead, well, now we have this.
View Quote
Prime suspect right there

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Police report has been filed. I am not happy with the call I received from the Service Mgr this morning who essentially said sorry, but we're not responsible. I'm giving them til Monday to at least have the GM contact me, but it did not seem like they were interested in even investigating.

It takes someone special to make a habit out of checking out what's in a customer's locked glove box. At the end of the day it's just been a bad series of events. I should have had my car back late Monday, or Tuesday before I had to head out of town, and it would've been worked on by my friend who works there. Instead, well, now we have this.

LOL
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]

"I don't want to listen to some jive-ass preacher talking about heaven and hell" - "Joliet" Jake Elwood
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they supposed to keep a record of which technician worked on which cars? When I take my car in for service, I know the technician signs off on the paperwork and such.

Not sure how they run things at Porsche but if they do it at Toyota, I'm sure they do it there as well.

OP, are you 100% positive it couldn't have been stolen before you took it to the dealership? I know you mentioned you checked it first thing when you got home and that you didn't stop anywhere.

either way, hope everything works out in your favor.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah I saw that. Honestly I never asked for anyone to go and start leaving the reviews and start hounding them, but I appreciate the folks who did in an effort to create some action. I think it's fair to say that this is now being done so I think it's the right thing to do to stop hounding them with reviews until such a time that they've shown what their investigation reveals.

I really wasn't looking for a new gun out of this, I simply want mine back, and the perp who took it pay the price and also not have a stolen gun on the streets. To all those calling for my head as an idiot or irresponsible gun owner, I've already said I'm willing to shoulder some of the blame and in the future, trust absolutely no one.

Once again, thanks for those who have shown support. I'll be back to report on how the situation pans out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"We regret this unfortunate incident happened. We have contacted the customer and will meet with him Monday to resolve this. We will conduct a full investigation to prevent any future issues. Thank you.We regret this unfortunate incident happened. We have contacted the customer and will meet with him Monday to resolve this. We will conduct a full investigation to prevent any future issues. Thank you."

Agreed, all of those who posted have agreed to replace our and reviews with good reviews once the issue is resolved.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Agreed, all of those who posted have agreed to replace our and reviews with good reviews once the issue is resolved.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to know. It's unfortunate that it takes this kind of action these days to get what should be an expected response, but I know every single person who has posted means well and just wants to see the right thing being done. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they supposed to keep a record of which technician worked on which cars? When I take my car in for service, I know the technician signs off on the paperwork and such.

Not sure how they run things at Porsche but if they do it at Toyota, I'm sure they do it there as well.

OP, are you 100% positive it couldn't have been stolen before you took it to the dealership? I know you mentioned you checked it first thing when you got home and that you didn't stop anywhere.

either way, hope everything works out in your favor.
View Quote

Yes that's correct, in the case of Ellis here, it would be 4 ppl really who come into contact w/keys for any reason: service advisor, porter, tech, detailer (which may not apply in this case).

And yes, I am 110% sure. In fact if anything I'm tired of second guessing myself any time someone asks, there are simply too many confirmations in terms of where/how I left it, and the circumstances under which I discovered it missing. Believe me, this is the absolute last scenario I wanted to settle upon, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#10]
O! Just catching up on this. I'm a happy JEP customer and have never had any problems with stuff lifted so I'm hoping the perp is caught soon and JE makes you whole. So to make sure I understand, you had your Glock in the glove box (locked) and it disappeared?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, I read your original post.  But from a LE perspective, there isn't shit they can do. Is there a video camera in the shop pointed at your glove compartment 24/7?  What do you expect LE to do without violating anyone's rights?  Without video, catching someone with the firearm, or witnesses to the theft, the only thing LE can do is enter the firearm into GCIC/NCIC.  I am curious, what do you expect them to do legally?  Please elaborate.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP, I read your original post.  But from a LE perspective, there isn't shit they can do. Is there a video camera in the shop pointed at your glove compartment 24/7?  What do you expect LE to do without violating anyone's rights?  Without video, catching someone with the firearm, or witnesses to the theft, the only thing LE can do is enter the firearm into GCIC/NCIC.  I am curious, what do you expect them to do legally?  Please elaborate.
View Quote

While there may not be much that JEP can do in regards to this, I would at the very least expect them to reimburse me for the cost of said stolen firearm. They have the finances to do this, and if they're telling you they will not reimburse you, then screw them.

They should be held liable for this, since they are the ones who hires the employees that doesn't necessarily reflect what their company stands for.

Just my 0.02
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#13]
this is why we have a statement on the Repair Order for the customer to sign BEFORE we work on their vehicles, it states we are not responsible for any items left in the vehicle. the amount of people that claim things are missing, stolen fuel out of the car, scratched vehicle, wrecked their vehicle is unreal. the service advisers we have ask if they need help getting anything out that they don't want to leave and do a walk around of the vehicle and have the customer sign on any damaged spots on the back of the RO. you guys might be shocked to hear this but the public are bigger thieves than we are . certain demographics almost always accuse of some wrong doing, it gets old.

quick funny story, i worked on a Mustang a couple of years ago and i get called to the owners office with the service manager over a missing CD case full of hip hop and rap CD's, the young man was cursing up a storm and saying who ever worked on their car stole his CD case. anyone that knows me knows i'm no fan of hip hop and i look like Blanco Diablo to this certain group, i was asked to come in the office and meet this young man, the color washed out of his face when he saw me. i asked him if i could help him and just muttered under his breathe, if ask if we needed to call the police and let them sort it out, he said no, and the service manager gave him a coupon for a free oil change even though he called us thieves. this garbage happens all the time.

OP, i honestly hate the gun is missing, i see them all the time in vehicles, hopefully you get this resolved to your satisfaction
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Any update OP?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
That sucks OP.

I lock mine in a gun vault that is chained to the passenger chair and then hide it under there. Take the gun vault key with me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The mindset to steal a gun.... a thing worth maybe a few hundred bucks..... and risk incarceration. To have to hide it. To always be aware of where it is and what would happen if caught. I just dont get it. Some dude at the shop has a job and some sort of life, maybe a family, and he is going to lift a gun and risk everything for nothing. What am I missing? Where is the potential payoff in stealing the gun? Does this just boil down to being retarded? He could not have set out that morning to steal a gun or he would have not been at work - it was a chance opportunity with huge risk but for what?
View Quote

Have you looked around at a dealership lately???????? Most of the non-technical jobs or jobs that don't take degrees are filled mainly by people that don't speak English. Who in their right mind leaves a firearm in a vehicle? It is stupid to leave one in your vehicle in ones own driveway and they don't even have a word for it if you leave one in your vehicle that you are LEAVING at a dealership no matter why you are leaving it!

The mindset to steal the firearm left in a drop off is that it must be free or they wanted it stolen because who would leave a firearm in a vehicle they were leaving for service. And if its not that, then it was most likely some low life being paid minimum wage to sweep floors and bring vehicles from customer service to the service garage that wouldn't think twice about stealing something from a customer much less about the risks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:11:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any update OP?
View Quote

I spoke with the GM today via email and will drop in tomorrow morning. It seems as if they're ready to offer me a replacement of some sort, but do not seem at all confident they'll find out who did this/recover my pistol.

Also received a call from Chamblee PD tonight from an officer who had a couple questions and said he'd be following up at the dealership tomorrow himself.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:48:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

By having it documented, if there are subsequent events, they can put together a case. Also they monitor craigslist etc and pawns.

That's what all the guys in the street clothes with badges do.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]
FINAL UPDATE:

Just went in and met with the GM this morning. He apologized for what happened and cut me a check for a replacement. Also told me that due to their recent move into their temporary building, none of the security cameras were up and working. However, they had issues with their new porter for other things already and this was enough for them to release him. They're still looking more into his background but firmly do not believe it was any of their techs, which I'm inclined to believe as well. Lastly, he apologized for the phone call I received from the service mgr Friday (which was what really set me off to begin with) and said he shouldn't have been the one to call me, nor tell me what he did at the time, especially that he'd already spoken to GM and that was simply conveying the msg that they wouldn't be investigating.

I'm usually a pretty good judge of character and can smell bs from a mile away, but he really did seem genuine in the things he said, particularly the fact that he hopes I'll be going back to them in the future, but wouldn't be surprised if I chose not to. At this point I feel like they've done enough on their part for me to be satisfied w/the situation, at least as much as possible. I still do not like the fact that my pistol is out there somewhere, and I also don't like that I now feel like I can't trust their establishment in the way I used to, but it is what it is and certainly a lesson for me as well.

For anyone here who has left a negative review/comment on the FB page, I would appreciate if it was amended/deleted, I wouldn't feel right not asking that.

Once again, thanks for the support that was out there for me in this situation, and please keep an eye out for my beloved OD Glock. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad to hear that they made it as right as possible at this point. I still hope you get your pistola back, for many reasons. Sounds like the GM is a stand up guy and cares about his customers regardless of the rest if his staff.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear about your weapon.

Take solace in knowing one thing for certain.

THE LORD SAW IT ALL.

And truly, that's the only witness to the crime you need.
View Quote

Do what?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your weapon.

Take solace in knowing one thing for certain.

THE LORD SAW IT ALL.

And truly, that's the only witness to the crime you need.

Do what?

Do you even Jesus bro?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:39:19 AM EDT
[#24]
You lost, bro? They teach readin' in Tex-ass? Check his subtitle. J-E-W. Uh huh. Yep. Sound like someone into Jesus to you? Isn't there some sunset somewhere you need to ride off into?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I am so glad that he is going to cover for the cost of a replacement. I know it sucks having your gun stolen, but hopefully the investigator will look more into that one individual and hopefully a gun will come out of it.

+1 for JEP making things right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Good on them for making it right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top