Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2014 1:09:56 PM EDT
Gentlemen,

It’s that time of the year again….Lowlight training!

Here is the announcement for the Pistol/Rifle Lowlight Operators course held on Saturday, November 29rd , 2014 at a private range in Oconee County, just south of Watkinsville.  Directions to the range will be posted later.

Statistics show that the vast majority of gunfights occur in a reduced light.  If you are not training to fight in this environment, then you are most likely unprepared for when evil finds you.  Many techniques that seem easy in daylight become immensely more difficult in low-light.  Opportunities to train in low-light are only sparsely available, don’t miss this opportunity.  Learn how to effectively manipulate a fighting light and a firearm at the same time and dominate the night.

We will also have an additional section covering the use of Night Vision, IR Lasers, and Thermal Imagers.  If you own such devices, you are welcome to bring them and use them during the course.

Some of the techniques covered in the course

Maximizing the use of vision in a reduced light environment
Features necessary in handheld and weapon mounted lights
Flashlight manipulation techniques
Lowlight Fighting Principals
Integrated Pistol and Flashlight manipulation skills
Integrated Rifle and Flashlight manipulation skills
Muzzle device and ammunition flash evaluations
Use of Cover/Concealment in a reduced light environment
Use of Iron Sights in a reduced light environment
Use of Illuminated and Non Illuminated optics in a reduced light environment

Course requirements

This course is designed to introduce the student to the concepts, techniques, and tactics of fighting in a reduced light environment.  The course will primarily focus on manipulation techniques integrated with some reduced light fighting tactics.  This course is designed as an introductory course to reduced light fighting skills.  This course is not for new shooters, but if you have had any rifle or pistol training with me or another, reputable Instructor, you are qualified for this course.

You are permitted to sign up others in one posting, but you will be responsible for their conduct. If you bring them to the course and they are not able to conduct the training in a safe manner and are asked to leave the course, as the responsible party for bringing them to the training, you will be asked to accompany them also. There will be NO REFUNDS for unsafe weapons handling at this course.

I would also ask the following of all students planning on attending:

1.  Have your rifle and pistol zeroed and ready to go.  There will be no time wasted on zeroing weapons.
2.  Please be sure your weapons are cleaned and fully operational
3.  Please bring high quality ammunition and magazines.  I will not be slowing or stopping the firing line to allow for repeated malfunction clearing.  If you show up with crap ammo that doesn't function in your weapons, you will miss training repetitions.  Please bring the good stuff and make the most of the training day.
4.  Please put fresh batteries in all your flashlights and optics, and bring spare batteries.

EQUIPMENT LIST

Rifle (Course is designed around the AR weapons platform, but any of the following types of rifles are acceptable)
AR series (AR-15, M-16, M-4, etc.), HK series (33, 53, 93, etc.), AK series (47, 74, or the 100 series), Mini 14, M1-A (M-14 style), Sig 550 series, Robinson Arms XCR, etc.

*Please contact me if you have a rifle not on this list and wish to use it for the course.  The lead instructor will make a determination if the rifle is appropriate for this course.

Semi-automatic rifle with a minimum of 3-30 round magazines or 5-20 round magazines
400 rds. Rifle ammunition

Semi-automatic pistol with a minimum of 3 hi-capacity magazines or 5 Single Stack magazines
400 rds. Pistol ammunition

Tactical type sling required on rifle
Eye/ Ear Protection (Electronic ear protection recommended)
PLEASE BRING SOME ADDITIONAL CLEAR LENSES FOR TRAINING AT NIGHT!

Hand-held fighting flashlight with end-cap activation button (Mandatory)
Weapons (Rifle & Pistol) mounted flashlights (Optional, but highly recommended)
2 Cyalume Glow Sticks
Spare batteries for all lights and optics
Baseball style hat
Kneepads (Optional)
Belt, Holster, Ammunition reloading pouches or devices
Pads/ Paper/ Pens for note taking

Cost of course is $180 (which includes range fee) due at registration on the morning of the course.
Course is limited to 18 students.

Starting time is 1pm. Please make plans to arrive around 12:30 am for registration and gear up time. Training day will last from 1pm to 10pm with 1 hr. for dinner. Dinner time will be limited as we have a lot of material to cover.  Please bring your meal with you.

As always, please inform me ASAP if you are unable to attend the course. I do not require deposits to hold your slot, BUT short of a catastrophic event or a death in the family, if you have requested a slot in the course I expect you to show.

If you have any questions, please contact me at your convenience.

See you guys on the range!

USSA-1

COURSE ROSTER

JLW
FTW308W
Jeffstoys
M1S90+1
Ronnie D.
Scott+1
GAhunter95
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it just me, or is that Thanksgiving Weekend?  Football, Turkey, Long Travel, and Relatives!

THANKSGIVING is HER Holiday which she looks forward to all year, no way I'm getting to go shooting. Now if it was her best  friend's wedding and I had a course I could attend, then OK sure. On Thanksgiving weekend, I'm lucky if I get to watch the games versus whatever movie marathon is on AMC or TNT!

Besides the kids live out of state now and with a brand new grand-baby to go visit, again, no way I'm going shooting.

Bummer I'll be missing this one, hope you have another in the Spring.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
tag. I have to check rotation and see if I am off.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in and thanks........
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#5]
teufel_hunden

I know it's a tough weekend, but it was the only weekend available for this course.  It'll be a good opportunity to burn off some of those Thanksgiving Day calories!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello USSA-1

Sign BG and I up!

Take it easy

M1S90
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Got some new stuff for this course...gonna be a good one.  

USSA-1
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Could you update the roster/open slots?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Roster updated
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#10]
slots are still available.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Good opportunity to work with your light & laser combo's.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
There are still slots available in this class.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Sent IM to sign up myself +1.  Please confirm.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I just got the green light as well.

I'm in if it is not too late.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, got plenty of room for you guys.

We are meeting a 12 noon at the Oconee County Sheriff's Office and then we will caravan down to the range.

The address is

1140 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA  30677

If you guys have any problems locating it, give me a call.  703-798-2226

See you guys tomorrow.

USSA-1
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I've still got some slots for any last minute signups.

Beat the crazy holiday weekend and come do some lowlight shooting.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I will have my camp stove along.  I will be enjoying a warm dinner from mountain house.  If you want to use the stove to heat something up, bring whatever you need.

ETA...

FYI.... UGA game in Athens tomorrow at Noon.  Traffic will be heavy in the area.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#18]
There are several burn barrels at the range if any of you want to bring firewood.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I know this is the last minute but I'm in if a slot is still available.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Look forward to seeing you there Jack.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know this is the last minute but I'm in if a slot is still available.
View Quote

Same here. Ill send a PM also.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#22]
For those of you coming in from the west on Hwy 78 and Hwy 316, I strongly suggest that you turn down Hwy 53.  This will get you out of most of the game day traffic and right to the Sheriff's Office.

For those coming in from the south (up from Madison), it is a little out of your way, but if traffic is backed up, you can come up Hwy 83 through Bostwick and then turn onto High Shoals Road.  Once you get into the town of North High Shoals (don't forget the north, the locals are touchy about it), turn onto either Hilsboro Road, Elder Road, or Whipporwill Road and come over to Hwy 53.  This will keep you off of Hwy 441.

If you are coming in from the east or north, God be with you.

Everyone should gather in the lower (jail) parking lot.  I will have units help get us all out of the lot and through town together.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Really wanted to attend this, but sure you guys don't want the Ebola / AIDS / diabeetus / whatever the fuck I have.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Jack and Bhintz,

Plenty of room.

See you guys tomorrow.

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#25]
how did it go?

I am new to NV and would love an opportunity to train (be taught)...
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

how did it go?

I am new to NV and would love an opportunity to train (be taught)...
View Quote
AAR is on the second page written by IKH.

Edited for less of a quick reply
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#27]
thank you.  I found it about 2 mins after I posted this inquiry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top