Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 8:30:14 PM EDT
Have any of you guys heard or trained at this facility ? I'm going to sign up for the Tactical #1 pistol training course and was wondering if anyone has any info for me ?

http://www.4gtactical.com/

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in Henry county (born and raised) I know nothing about these people. I don't know anybody in my area that deals with them either. I also have no clue where they train have not seen anything on the road they claim to be located on. Only reason I know anything is they have a few rusty spray painted signs nailed to trees in the area for advertisement. I work for the Henry County DOT and ride the area daily and still have seen or heard nothing... I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in Henry county (born and raised) I know nothing about these people. I don't know anybody in my area that deals with them either. I also have no clue where they train have not seen anything on the road they claim to be located on. Only reason I know anything is they have a few rusty spray painted signs nailed to trees in the area for advertisement. I work for the Henry County DOT and ride the area daily and still have seen or heard nothing... I hope this helps.
View Quote

I've seen the signs as well, and with foreman2000 being from the area, I'd thought he'd know something about them.  I mean, I've lived here for 25 years and only have seen their signs.  You could always meet up with them and discuss their background before accepting the training course.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I've read some pretty good reviews from other forums about their training. I just didn't know if anyone here had done any training with them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#4]
What are their claims to being experts? What are their costs? More details may reveal some issues.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What are their claims to being experts? What are their costs? More details may reveal some issues.....
View Quote
Here the bio from the web page

Paul served in the U.S. Marine's in the elite FAST Company ( Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team), as  team leader, instructor and weapons armory chief. He was assigned to OPNAV Security in the pentagon that oversaw all security details for the Secretary of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations and Naval Command Center. As team leader of the 2/4 MEU SOC (Special Operations Capable), he trained with numerous foreign military units to include the Turkish infantry and Italian army in MOUT(Military Operations in Urban Terrain) operations. He was hand selected for the Marine Corps coveted Super Squad competition as a team leader. He has worked for the U.S Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Georgia Department of Corrections. He has received specialized training from the U.S.Secret Service, FBI, U.S. State Department, U.S. Marshal Service and U.S Navy Seals. He has worked contracts for the U. S. Marshal Service and other corporate entities including the Atlanta Braves.

He is licensed by the Georgia Private Detective and Security Agency as a Classroom and Firearms Instructor License# CFTR001199. He is State Post Certified, National Association of Professional Martial Artist Certified in Tae Kwon Jutsu and CPR and First Aid Certified.

Paul leads a team of instructors with over 45 years of weapons and tactical training experience.

At 4G Tactical you gain the knowledge and mental toughness to respond to hazardous real-life situations when they arise. We at 4G Tactical understand, when they do come, it could mean life or death.

TRAIN OFTEN, TRAIN HARD

I notice a couple of errors. Unless shit has changed since the late 80's early 90's

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly based on that Bio....and notice he doesn't mention any of the other instructors at all......avoid them.  There are plenty of instructors in Ga. who actually show their credentials, not just rattle off a lot of potential buzzwords.

Stuff like this, "He has received specialized training from the U.S.Secret Service, FBI, U.S. State Department, U.S. Marshal Service and U.S Navy Seals."

What "specialized training" did he actually receive?  Like how to make a Latte from the Seals?(sorry inside joke with a AD buddy of mine)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Looking at his website, it does seem that it is all HIM. In the many pictures I looked at on the site, it only shows him as an instructor, no one else. I think I would choose some of the other great instructors that are members here.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info guys !!!! Who would you recommend for pistol training in my area ? I'm not talking about fundamentals,  but training on how to fight with one.

Thanks again for the help guys
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thanks for the info guys !!!! Who would you recommend for pistol training in my area ? I'm not talking about fundamentals,  but training on how to fight with one.

View Quote
USSA-1, 00bullit, cmshoot are the three I've attended classes they've put on. They are great. There are others here who also teach whom I've not yet trained with. Others will chime in shortly.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
USSA-1, 00bullit, cmshoot are the three I've attended classes they've put on. They are great. There are others here who also teach whom I've not yet trained with. Others will chime in shortly.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have this group's website "bookmarked" in my browser for some reason.  Think I may have read something positive from someone here but can't recall what it might have been or even who posted what I think I kinda remember.  The fact someone hasn't chimed in yet may be an indication to avoid them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I looked up cmshoot and found the link to his training facility. I watched a video and liked what I saw. I'm probably going to send him a message about getting some training.

Exactly what I was looking for

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Paul served in the U.S. Marine's in the elite FAST Company ( Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team), as  team leader, instructor and weapons armory chief. He was assigned to OPNAV Security in the pentagon that oversaw all security details for the Secretary of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations and Naval Command Center. As team leader of the 2/4 MEU SOC (Special Operations Capable), he trained with numerous foreign military units to include the Turkish infantry and Italian army in MOUT(Military Operations in Urban Terrain) operations. He was hand selected for the Marine Corps coveted Super Squad competition as a team leader. He has worked for the U.S Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Georgia Department of Corrections. He has received specialized training from the U.S.Secret Service, FBI, U.S. State Department, U.S. Marshal Service and U.S Navy Seals. He has worked contracts for the U. S. Marshal Service and other corporate entities including the Atlanta Braves.

He is licensed by the Georgia Private Detective and Security Agency as a Classroom and Firearms Instructor License# CFTR001199. He is State Post Certified, National Association of Professional Martial Artist Certified in Tae Kwon Jutsu and CPR and First Aid Certified.

Paul leads a team of instructors with over 45 years of weapons and tactical training experience.

At 4G Tactical you gain the knowledge and mental toughness to respond to hazardous real-life situations when they arise. We at 4G Tactical understand, when they do come, it could mean life or death.

TRAIN OFTEN, TRAIN HARD

I notice a couple of errors. Unless shit has changed since the late 80's early 90's

The NAPMA is a marketing program, they don't appear to offer certifications.  I note he doesn't mention a particular belt level or where he earned his belt (mine is a 2nd Dan in Tae Kwon Do from Iron Dragon Martial Arts in Marietta, Grandmaster Jimmy Mickens called me last night to encourage me to return as I haven't trained in two years, anyone on my FB list can see pictures of me training and grading belt tests).

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRAIN OFTEN, TRAIN HARD

The NAPMA is a marketing program, they don't appear to offer certifications.  I note he doesn't mention a particular belt level or where he earned his belt (mine is a 2nd Dan in Tae Kwon Do from Iron Dragon Martial Arts in Marietta, Grandmaster Jimmy Mickens called me last night to encourage me to return as I haven't trained in two years, anyone on my FB list can see pictures of me training and grading belt tests).

Yep, it's stuff like that. I recieved training from the state dept on the phone system when discussing classified materials. The SEaLs instructed me in several areas when we were bored at the safe house in Khafli ( most of it was how to not throw a knife like I was doing), a buddy of mine with the secret service instructed me on how to pop a hole in a beer can to prevent the glug. Damn I'm almost as trained as this guy, maybe I should start a training business. Where was that add for self building a website?  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#15]
It says they are located south of locust grove ? Only shooting I have ever heard in the area is Eric from moss and Jake at QRF... Not to say that they dont have one but why not give an address for the facility ? Also i looked at all the photos i didnt see anything the impressed me looks like alot of grabassing...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It says they are located south of locust grove ? Only shooting I have ever heard in the area is Eric from moss and Jake at QRF... Not to say that they dont have one but why not give an address for the facility ? Also i looked at all the photos i didnt see anything the impressed me looks like alot of grabassing...
View Quote

I wondered that as well !!!! I'm going to go with someone here that comes highly recommended and I liked the link and videos he has. I looked him up in the training section of the forum
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
If I was going to choose someone for training I would choose Cmshoot...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wondered that as well !!!! I'm going to go with someone here that comes highly recommended and I liked the link and videos he has. I looked him up in the training section of the forum
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just by their GAHTF reputation alone, one can't go wrong by taking courses from USSA-1, cmshoot, or JLW.  All have documented backgrounds, are actively involved with shooting and training, are excellent instructors, and actually enjoy getting the correct info and training out to course attendees. I have personally taken training with Shep (cmshoot) and would not hesitate to recommend him to anybody looking for pistol, carbine, or long range rifle training.

There are of course others that I have also heard good things about but my schedule did not line up with the dates they offered the course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top