Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2014 8:54:30 AM EDT
Big Bucket - $47.26 shipped - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00955DUHQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00955DUHQ&linkCode=as2&tag=tecjun06-20&linkId=434Z5LZVMENF63YR

They ran out of stock last night but are accepting backorders at that price. It's the cheapest I've seen it in years. Just passing on as an FYI. You need to look on the right side for the price with the Prime logo next to it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Big Bucket - $47.26 shipped - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00955DUHQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00955DUHQ&linkCode=as2&tag=tecjun06-20&linkId=434Z5LZVMENF63YR

They ran out of stock last night but are accepting backorders at that price. It's the cheapest I've seen it in years. Just passing on as an FYI. You need to look on the right side for the price with the Prime logo next to it.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. Just got 3 of them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Please don't post this in the survival forums or GD.... We don't want to crash amazon servers!

Or make them yank it and our back orders!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please don't post this in the survival forums or GD.... We don't want to crash amazon servers!

View Quote

I take care of my Georgia HTF peeps first. I'm just starting to get into prepping a little bit, so I appreciate all the help you guys provided for my get home bag/bug out bag.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh wow, thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Good man!

Quoted:

I take care of my Georgia HTF peeps first. I'm just starting to get into prepping a little bit, so I appreciate all the help you guys provided for my get home bag/bug out bag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Good deal. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Well there went $50 I didn't want to spend...
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well there went $50 I didn't want to spend...
View Quote

Me either, but that's like finding quality .223 at $.20/round.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Already back to $80
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Already back to $80
View Quote

Nope. I just grabbed one and got confirmation.  Check the other sellers column over to the right to get the $47 deal ( sold by amazon)
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, I picked up 4. We use them when we go camping.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks, I picked up 4. We use them when we go camping.
View Quote

Cheater
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Edit oops didn't read the entire OP
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Price is back up to $54, looking for other deals now on similar items. Ebola!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered one.  We'll see if it shows up.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Augason farms is also doing 30% of right now. There is another 10% of with free shipping coupon code floating around.

Surviving on freeze dried good would be a very expensive option....

Store what you eat; eat what you store.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I need to research on prepping from the grocery store... freeze dried does seem like an expensive and less flavorful option.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, try it before you make up your mind. I'd rather eat a Mtn House meal than an MRE or can of dog food any day.

I also pressure can some of my deer harvest. Works really well and tastes great.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, try it before you make up your mind. I'd rather eat a Mtn House meal than an MRE or can of dog food any day.

I also pressure can some of my deer harvest. Works really well and tastes great.
View Quote

Details on your pressure canned deer meat! I have thought about trying it but did not want to waste a good deer
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I need to research on prepping from the grocery store... freeze dried does seem like an expensive and less flavorful option.
View Quote

Try a few. You can definitely tell a difference between fresh pasta and one of these meals, but most are still pretty damn good.

Sucks I missed the deal though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Details on your pressure canned deer meat! I have thought about trying it but did not want to waste a good deer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Super simple: I use the "raw pack" method. Trim (I remove all visible fat and silver skin) and cut venison into chunks or strips (I like big chunks) and pack into clean hot quart canning jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Add no liquid (it will make its own juice), just 1 teaspoon of canning salt. (Later you can experiment with chili powder or other flavorings). Wipe rim clean (very important - use a canning funnel and keep rim free of any grease or funk), put on clean new lid, and screw band on finger-tight. Process jars in pressure cooker at 10 lbs pressure for 90 minutes, following the canner directions to the letter.

SAFETY NOTE: you must use pressure canner, you cannot boil the jars, or you will get botulism and die. Follow pressure canner directions! If you don't , you will get botulism and die. Any questions?

When done carefully place on counter to cool and do not touch lids or try to tighten them or anything. They will still be boiling on the inside. Let cool completely, check for seal by pressing in middle. They should be tight and not "pop". Any jars that do not seal can be refrigerated and eaten right away. Store in cool dark place. Any jars that turn color or look funky, throw out, do not eat (hasn't happened to me yet). I use the canned venison for stew, chili, or just heated up on a biscuit. Yum. You can do Elk, pork, beef, probably rattlesnake this way.
I use wide-mouth quart Ball jars (clean and sterile) with new lids (never re-use lids), and put the lids in a pan of boiling hot water until I need them.
There is plenty of info on the net on canning. Here's an example recipe.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Super simple: I use the "raw pack" method. Trim (I remove all visible fat and silver skin) and cut venison into chunks or strips (I like big chunks) and pack into clean hot quart canning jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Add no liquid (it will make its own juice), just 1 teaspoon of canning salt. (Later you can experiment with chili powder or other flavorings). Wipe rim clean (very important - use a canning funnel and keep rim free of any grease or funk), put on clean new lid, and screw band on finger-tight. Process jars in pressure cooker at 10 lbs pressure for 90 minutes, following the canner directions to the letter.

SAFETY NOTE: you must use pressure canner, you cannot boil the jars, or you will get botulism and die. Follow pressure canner directions! If you don't , you will get botulism and die. Any questions?

When done carefully place on counter to cool and do not touch lids or try to tighten them or anything. They will still be boiling on the inside. Let cool completely, check for seal by pressing in middle. They should be tight and not "pop". Any jars that do not seal can be refrigerated and eaten right away. Store in cool dark place. Any jars that turn color or look funky, throw out, do not eat (hasn't happened to me yet). I use the canned venison for stew, chili, or just heated up on a biscuit. Yum. You can do Elk, pork, beef, probably rattlesnake this way.
I use wide-mouth quart Ball jars (clean and sterile) with new lids (never re-use lids), and put the lids in a pan of boiling hot water until I need them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info, I'll have to try this out this season.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone received their order?  I haven't heard anything.  I figured it'd take a while.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Nope
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote

Still waiting... As long as it gets here before I need it I'm not worried. Fresher is better!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got my notice... Mine will be here friday!

Your new estimated delivery date is: Friday, October 31, 2014

Your shipping speed:
 Two-Day Shipping
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your new estimated delivery date is: Friday, October 31, 2014

Your shipping speed:
 Two-Day Shipping

Mine is Monday the third
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine is the 3rd also. I took the No Rush shipping and they gave me a couple of bucks towards a book or movie.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Friday for me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Half of my order arrived yesterday, and the other half is to arrive today.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine just rolled up today. Took 2 ups trucks to get it all to me.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy crap, how much did you order?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Both of mine showed up today, heard the lady in the mail truck drive up, engine idling for about a minute, then BLAM........off to the door I go as she hauls ass into the cloudy day.

Im glad it was packaged well and think she got some distance in the toss.

Good deal on some tasty prep food.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impressed...Thats alot of storage space for the amount of food there is though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm calling B.S.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Heh and you'd be right... 146 was the total of the order... I bought three cases and for some reason they came in two trucks on the same day.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:03:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top