Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/30/2014 6:21:10 PM EDT
Well its finally come to past just as the Doctor that was taken to Nebraska said it would in his White Paper the Obama Administration banned because they didn't want to hear it and THEY know better then anybody!

Ebola in America

You have to love a Dumbocrat for leading from behind!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Zombie Apocolypse.

Coming Soon To A Town Near You.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zombie Apocolypse.

Coming Soon To A Town Near You.
View Quote

Hey, maybe that Spike's ZA blem lower WILL actually come in handy!

Do they have to be colored in to work? I guess I better add some red at least.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Not surprising.  It was only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if Mexico will build a border fence to keep it from entering their country.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder if Mexico will build a border fence to keep it from entering their country.  
View Quote

LOL ! That would be an epic turn of events.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fantastic!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Not active it is imported, but don't let facts ruin a good story.

Welcome to the MSMing of America.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

WHAT? The only way Ebola was going to come to America is to be imported by a carrier. Direct from the CDC:

"It’s the first patient to be diagnosed with this particular strain of Ebola outside of Africa."
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Direct from the CDC:

"It’s the first patient to be diagnosed with this particular strain of Ebola outside of Africa."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Direct from the CDC:

... Because they just got back from Africa.

Bottom line- If you want to control it in the US, Stay the fuck out of Africa.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#11]
This is my shocked/surprised face....

We all knew it coming to America.

td

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Coming through the open borders then onto public transportation for you...

Hey, get any on ya', Sonya?

http://hugelolcdn.com/comments/1654118.gif

EDITED so that I don't recieve the boot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh now that is just NASTY

But on a serious note. What is everyone doing different in preparation for this?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Oh now that is just NASTY

But on a serious note. What is everyone doing different in preparation for this?
View Quote
Two year supply of Cheetos and not leaving my basement.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
All least she wasn't ass in the air with her face in a pillow.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, hell, even I know how to cork that.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Since No Gun signs work so well, I'm gonna put this on the door of my business so I'll be safe..
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man don't you just hate when that shit happens...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#19]
First the CDC said ebola was almost impossible to get unless you come in contact with body fluids (blood, semen, stool, saliva) but on the CNN interview it was insinuated that shaking hands could be enough.  In Liberia they said no one shakes hands in greeting anymore, maybe it helps, maybe not.  Either way, ebola is in the wild in the US now and has different potential host reservoirs to incubate inside, so it will be a wait and see for a long time even if there are no more cases.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
First the CDC said ebola was almost impossible to get unless you come in contact with body fluids (blood, semen, stool, saliva) but on the CNN interview it was insinuated that shaking hands could be enough.  In Liberia they said no one shakes hands in greeting anymore, maybe it helps, maybe not.  Either way, ebola is in the wild in the US now and has different potential host reservoirs to incubate inside, so it will be a wait and see for a long time even if there are no more cases.
View Quote

Its amazing how you can get it.  Any body fluid such as sweat on a door knob could be enough from what they are saying.  As this story unfolds about the guy who flew here, its only proof we are not prepared for a thing like this.  I wonder if any of the nurses or doctors who initially treated this guy were wearing full hazmat suits?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#21]
And amazingly we still have not limited travel to or from any of the countries involved.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I vote we just quarantine anybody coming in from anywhere on the dark continent for a full month.  They can pay for their MREs up front.  No money for a month's worth of MRE's, you don't get in.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
And amazingly we still have not limited travel to or from any of the countries involved.
View Quote

Its actually funny if one stops to think about it. Its supposedly so bad over there in Africa that the Liar in Chief just signed an EO that prevents anybody from the dark continent that over stays their visa from being deported for two years. If the Administration will not force people illegally here in America to go back, why in the world would they allow anybody to come here from there ?????????!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Meanwhile, it's the start of flu season.  I bet we will see an influx of "possible EBOLA testing" due to the shared symptoms...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is the proof that Obama hates our military.  LINKY

FBHO
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Here is the proof that Obama hates our military.  LINKY

FBHO
View Quote

Oh I don't know... Seems like a great training opportunity for the troops.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

WSB is reporting a "negative" test result.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, it's the start of flu season.  I bet we will see an influx of "possible EBOLA testing" due to the shared symptoms...
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#30]
The guy who flew into the US from Africa with Ebola died this morning.

Just saw it on Fox news
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#32]
And the drug company's stock is falling through the floor apparently.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just saw it on Fox news
View Quote

This may be a bit cold hearted but my first reaction is "Good"

Asshole lied to get here and potentially infected several other folks putting lives at risk.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go figure, let me see here: 99.9 percent death rate with no treatment, 60 percent death rate with treatment started at onset of symptoms, 25 percent death rate with new experimental drug and best treatment your tax dollars can buy. What did Mr Duncan think, he was going to get what the volunteer doctors received?

Let's see, 52 million dollars spent saving 3 people's lives IE 17 million dollars each! Does anybody really think they are going to do this for everybody? If you are not news worthy for a Mr O headline that he is doing something about Ebola, you will NOT end up in one of only two special rooms in Atlanta and Omaha!

Once Ebola makes its way to South America, it is over for America with today's current open southern border. The media has kept it from the American people that the virus that is killing children has also killed a bunch of adults. But the biggest thing they are keeping from you is that the 3 main outbreaks are where large numbers of unaccompanied illegal minors were dumped into communities. This virus, the large uptick in both major strains of TB, as well as other diseases that we conquered years ago are being imported into this county from south of the border!

When immigrants came into America at Ellis Island, if they had any disease whatsoever, they were sent back to their country of origin. Can you imagine for one minute what would happen if Small Pox came across the southern border. It would decimate a large portion of our population under the age of 42! The last recorded case of small pox in the US was in 1949 but people were still required to be vaccinated until 1971.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Go figure, let me see here: 99.9 percent death rate with no treatment, 60 percent death rate with treatment started at onset of symptoms, 25 percent death rate with new experimental drug and best treatment your tax dollars can buy. What did Mr Duncan think, he was going to get what the volunteer doctors received?

Let's see, 52 million dollars spent saving 3 people's lives IE 17 million dollars each! Does anybody really think they are going to do this for everybody? If you are not news worthy for a Mr O headline that he is doing something about Ebola, you will NOT end up in one of only two special rooms in Atlanta and Omaha!

Once Ebola makes its way to South America, it is over for America with today's current open southern border. The media has kept it from the American people that the virus that is killing children has also killed a bunch of adults. But the biggest thing they are keeping from you is that the 3 main outbreaks are where large numbers of unaccompanied illegal minors were dumped into communities. This virus, the large uptick in both major strains of TB, as well as other diseases that we conquered years ago are being imported into this county from south of the border!

When immigrants came into America at Ellis Island, if they had any disease whatsoever, they were sent back to their country of origin. Can you imagine for one minute what would happen if Small Pox came across the southern border. It would decimate a large portion of our population under the age of 42! The last recorded case of small pox in the US was in 1949 but people were still required to be vaccinated until 1971.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dial it back a bit, sport.

As a paramedic and a member of one of the busiest hazmat teams in the US, I won't claim to be an infectios disease expert. But I am confident in saying that we will have this thing licked before long. This is not the book of Revelation unfolding. Nor is it a government conspiracy. The west African man died here because people die from ebola. His thousands of pages of medical records from his hospital stay indicate that they didn't just let him die. But there's only so much you can do once you cells start leaking, your tissues start breaking down, and your blood begins permeating the vessel walls. Supportive care at that point is very limited.

Your claims about a virus killing children and adults- I'm going to assume that's a reference to enterovirus D68. Guess what? That virus has been around for decades, doing exactly what it's doing now. So have the other enteroviruses. No one is hiding anything, and people are not dying in droves. This is just the next H1N1, SARS, or avian flu: something to make people do exactly what you're doing. Freak out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

As a paramedic and a member of one of the busiest hazmat teams in the US, I won't claim to be an infectios disease expert. But I am confident in saying that we will have this thing licked before long. This is not the book of Revelation unfolding. Nor is it a government conspiracy. The west African man died here because people die from ebola. His thousands of pages of medical records from his hospital stay indicate that they didn't just let him die. But there's only so much you can do once you cells start leaking, your tissues start breaking down, and your blood begins permeating the vessel walls. Supportive care at that point is very limited.

Your claims about a virus killing children and adults- I'm going to assume that's a reference to enterovirus D68. Guess what? That virus has been around for decades, doing exactly what it's doing now. So have the other enteroviruses. No one is hiding anything, and people are not dying in droves. This is just the next H1N1, SARS, or avian flu: something to make people do exactly what you're doing. Freak out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent post.  The situation in Texas is embarrassing, but I still believe it is highly unlikely ebola will ever become a widespread problem in the U.S.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Excellent post.  The situation in Texas is embarrassing, but I still believe it is highly unlikely ebola will ever become a widespread problem in the U.S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're right.  I work at an air force base regularly with people who are in and out of country on a weekly basis.  I try not to think about it very much but this situation does worry me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Saying "we will have this thing licked before long" and "it will never be here" is exactly why we have two healthcare workers now with ebola.  Even though the CDC had plenty of time to disseminate information and guidelines to hospitals (this all started in the spring in countries with a lot of US visa holders) nothing was really done until around the time of the first in the wild case of ebola in the US.  I agree it isn't a conspiracy, but it is another C word: complacency.  Yes, previous ebola outbreaks quickly stamped themselves out due to limited human hosts to infect and isolation of those populations and that is what everyone thought would happen this time, but this time was different.  Being different did not really matter from a risk/probability perspective anyway, you have a disease with a known likelihood of death above 50% that is transmissible, albeit a lower risk of transmission than the flu or cold.  I know I could be accused of being a Monday morning quarterback, but at the least it would have made sense for the CDC to inquire/give guidance or hospitals on their own to have contingency plans for outbreak and isolation before it became an issue.  In my field we are required by our insurance and customers to have all manner of SOPs dealing with possible events, even the unlikely ones, I'm sure hospitals are the same.  From the news information concerning the conference call with the hospital administration and the nurses representatives there was no real plan and even gross negligence by the admins to "just get the job done."  

I doubt ebola will become a major problem for us in the USA, but trying to act as if it cannot be a threat is disingenuous at best.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Multiple confirmed cases in Dallas now.  One of which was on a commercial flight the day prior to diagnosis.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/top-news/cdc-2nd-hospital-worker-with-ebola-took-flight/nhjn7/
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I think what this is, is a PR disaster. The CDC is doing a terrible job of putting people at ease. Americans are like a flock of pigeons- they descend upon tthe easy morsel, and then scatter in fear when someone tries to feed them something substantial.

Again, I don't work at the CDC. But I know who the CDC calls for hazmat incidents on their property, because I've responded to them. Some of the members of our team have handled live anthrax, VX, and GB, including myself.

I assure you that people are freaking out more than they should. I'm not part of some conspiracy to sweep it under the rug- I'm just informed, educated, and experienced. I'm more afraid of catching or transmitting TB or bacterial meningitis than ebola.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh yea! The second nurse is coming to Emory!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#43]
////
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#44]
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/15/texas-health-care-worker-ebola-second-case/17290575/

So I'm watching this on the news right now.....they are loading the nurse into the plane that is taking her to GA and while everyone is in hazmat suits, some jackass with a clip board is standing right next to them and seemed like he kept getting closer and closer.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/15/texas-health-care-worker-ebola-second-case/17290575/

So I'm watching this on the news right now.....they are loading the nurse into the plane that is taking her to GA and while everyone is in hazmat suits, some jackass with a clip board is standing right next to them and seemed like he kept getting closer and closer.

View Quote

What plane are they using now?  N173PA is showing as being in Hawaii, and N163PA hasn't moved in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Midterms coming up.

A vote for a Democrat is a vote for Ebola!

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Midterms coming up.

View Quote

EBOLA: Enjoy Barack Obama's Legacy America
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Midterms coming up.

Damn
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What plane are they using now?  N173PA is showing as being in Hawaii, and N163PA hasn't moved in 2 weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They showed a twin engine gray jet with a black nose. The news said that it was the same plane that brought infected people back into the States for treatment earlier. I don't know if the news said what the tail # was. The camera was facing the jet while the footage was rolling. Here is a link to another article about Kent Bradley and if you scroll down you will see the jet that looked like the one today. With that being said I don't know the tail # of the jet that took her to GA today.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714168/Ebola-escort-Roads-Georgia-remain-open-American-doctor-infected-incurable-Ebola-virus-taken-hospital-specially-fitted-ambulance-landing-US-treatment.html

The thing is that the dude at Love Field w/ the clipboard didn't have any protective gear at all when they were loading her on the plane. I didn't even see a pencil protector and he kept getting closer to the hazmat guys and was handing stuff to them and at one point carried a bag that was bright red and looked like a Biohazard bag. And then the mind blowing thing was, none of the newscasters commented on it. He's the one out of 6 that didn't have a suit and nothing stood out as odd?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They showed a twin engine gray jet with a black nose. The news said that it was the same plane that brought infected people back into the States for treatment earlier. I don't know if the news said what the tail # was. The camera was facing the jet while the footage was rolling. Here is a link to another article about Kent Bradley and if you scroll down you will see the jet that looked like the one today. With that being said I don't know the tail # of the jet that took her to GA today.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714168/Ebola-escort-Roads-Georgia-remain-open-American-doctor-infected-incurable-Ebola-virus-taken-hospital-specially-fitted-ambulance-landing-US-treatment.html

The thing is that the dude at Love Field w/ the clipboard didn't have any protective gear at all when they were loading her on the plane. I didn't even see a pencil protector and he kept getting closer to the hazmat guys and was handing stuff to them and at one point carried a bag that was bright red and looked like a Biohazard bag. And then the mind blowing thing was, none of the newscasters commented on it. He's the one out of 6 that didn't have a suit and nothing stood out as odd?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

It's one of those 2 tail numbers, then.  Someone, either the plane owners or the government, has shut down flight tracking on them in the last few days.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top