Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 12:55:40 PM EDT
Nope, not looking for a build party or full auto conversion, I'm just looking for someone to swap out an AR barrel. I hope one day to be able to do this myself, but I haven't collected all the necessary tools yet.

So, anyone have someone they'd recommend in the Duluth or Suwanee area?

Also, what would the going rate for a barrel swap be?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I know David's Gun Room in Norcross does stuff like that. No clue on what they charge.  

I have the tools (punches, wrench, reaction rod, etc) if you want to borrow them and do it yourself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Not in your immediate requested area, did you try Bookhound at his shop?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know David's Gun Room in Norcross does stuff like that. No clue on what they charge.  

I have the tools (punches, wrench, reaction rod, etc) if you want to borrow them and do it yourself.
View Quote

I'll have to drop by David's Gun room and chat with them.

Thanks for the offer of the tool loan.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bookhound? I tried searching and didn't get a result, still learning the ARFCOM interface.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bookhound? I tried searching and didn't get a result, still learning the ARFCOM interface.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Accurate Ordnance.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I vote Bookhound as well
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the Accurate Ordnance recommendation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had Andy Gazaway @ Gazaway Machine and Tool in Alpharetta do work for me.  Good work, fast, and good prices.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've had Andy Gazaway @ Gazaway Machine and Tool in Alpharetta do work for me.  Good work, fast, and good prices.
View Quote

I always recommended Andy as well, but something has happened over there. His phone is disconnected and when I went by today it says Gunslingers on the door. You have to email them for an appointment. I called and left a message about several firearms they've had for months. Emails from my brother have also gone unanswered.

I just want my stuff back and I'll find another gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#10]
bullseye in Lawrenceville should be able to help. In the past, they had a vise and all of the necessary tools. Not sure on prices. I haven't been down there in quite a while. If you were about 40 min north, I'd slap it on for ya.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for Accurate Ordinance. Bookhound will do you right.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I need to plan a trip to Accurate Ordinance.

Thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
An AO field trip will be worthwhile... Meeting Mark, the neat shop, and the drool worthy $4,000+ rifles they build.  Mmmmmmmm... good stuff.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top