Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 8:00:13 PM EDT
Is anyone aware of an outdoor range being built in the winder area?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is anyone aware of an outdoor range being built in the winder area?
View Quote

No but that would be cool, I live in Hoschton and not far from Winder at all. I was driving to Elberton and that was 1.5hr each way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Winder and have not heard of anything new coming to the area. There has been word for the past three years of one possible coming just north of Athens past ARC.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Strange, if you Google Outdoor Gun Range Winder, GA this comes UP

I don't see an address or a phone number. Is it that private or doesn't even exist anymore?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
This would have just been built, as in the dozers are still there, it is in my immediate AO, lots of gunfire.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
This has my interest!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure who wrote the ad in that link, but I don't think English was their first language.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure who wrote the ad in that link, but I don't think English was their first language.
View Quote

No kidding. I'm not clicking anything on that page. Just closed it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounded like a deposed Nigerian prince that emails me from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It reads like they were jamming in any word that might trigger a search engine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:21:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.rookies.

They should do it like everyone else and use the same font color as their background.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#11]
...and the GPS coordinates on the page are in downtown Winder.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]
If you guys were closer you could use mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This would have just been built, as in the dozers are still there, it is in my immediate AO, lots of gunfire.
View Quote

Depending on where you live in Winder you may hear the same things I am hearing. There is a doctor close by that owns a bunch of machine guns and he shoots a lot. Theres also the Barrow county shooting range that classes are held at.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Depending on where you live in Winder you may hear the same things I am hearing. There is a doctor close by that owns a bunch of machine guns and he shoots a lot. Theres also the Barrow county shooting range that classes are held at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im going over there today to ask them.  As my property is in the immediate vicinity and I have had a horse hit by a stray bullet in the past.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Im going over there today to ask them.  As my property is in the immediate vicinity and I have had a horse hit by a stray bullet in the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going over where to ask who?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#16]
There is somebody in Barrow that has a private range and sometimes has charity matches there, but I'm not sure of the exact location.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The property owners.  They have just completed major earth moving.  They way the property is I can only see the outside of the construction so it may be a pond or who knows what but they are shooting a lot in there.  It doesn't bother me, I want to join them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it possible you're talking about this?
Just saw this on their Facebook page.

<h5 class="_1_s" data-ft="{"tn":"C"}" style="font-size: 12px; margin: 4px 15px 1px 0px; padding: 0px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 16px;">Advantage Tactical Company, LLC</h5>

ADVANTAGE TACTICAL IS HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR FIRST PHASE OF CONSTRUCTION FOR OUR RANGE WILL START THIS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22.

WE ARE EXCITED FOR OUR PLANS TO MAKE THE BEST ACTION SHOOTING RANGE IN THE SOUTHEAST.

NEW LONG DISTANCE SHOOTING BAYS

UNKOWN DISTANCE STEEL RANGE TO 400 YARDS

3 GUNNERS PARADISE RANGE (WITH 4 NEW STAGES)

PRO SHOP

COMPETITION PISTOL BAY

AND LOTS MORE CLASSES FOR ALL LEVELS OF SHOOTERS

COME AND CHECK US OUT, OCTOBER 25TH. LOOK FOR MORE INFORMATION TO COME.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#19]
No, this is in Barrow county.  Going to head up there tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top