Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 1:42:27 PM EDT
I'm hoping that the Braves makes some coaching moves too.  At the very least we need new hitting coaches.  The lack of offense has been a problem the last several years.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they cleaned house with the coaching staff.

Wren has made some huge mistakes with players and contracts.  I hope Schuerholz can find somebody that's a considerable improvement.
What say the HTF?

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we should let gem got he way if he flames and thrashers. Same for the hawks and falcons. Atl doesn't deserve a sports franchise. If they change their name to the Cobb county braves it might be better.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atl doesn't deserve a sports franchise
View Quote

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It was time for ole wren to go.  The black eye of Uggla and BJ was just too much after this year.  I would bet the new GM will get rid of Fredi too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody, in my opinion that's the truth.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All our teams choke consistently. Our most dominant team is the Braves, and out of 15 years going to the playoffs they only won a single World Series.  The only reason they won was because they played the other worst team ever in playoffs history; the Cleveland Indians.

We're cursed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
One can talk all day and say what they want, but at the end of the day Atlanta's Sports problem is above the teams and the players:

WE DON'T HAVE ANY DECENT TEAM OWNERS!

One only has to look as far as Bobby Cox to know this. Only an idiot picks players for positions by whether they bat right or left handed so he can stack the line-up with Righty, Lefty, Righty, Lefty if that really worked every team in the league would be doing it, it doesn't work! Why don't we lower ticket prices so Fans, not just the 1%, can go to multiple games a year and do a Moneyball type team that is not completely on a shoestring budget. Atlanta needs offense (doesn't matter if you have the best pitchers in the world, if you can't score one more run then the other team, you LOSE!). Look what it has done for the Redsocks. The first year after Oakland tried the moneyball method (hiring players on there ability to get on base, not their scouting report or from what their agent says), the Redsocks tried to hire their coach (the moron didn't take the job) so they hired a new manager and put the principle to work but with a bigger budget and they won their first World Series since 1918 and a total of 3 since that win! The Braves for a team that has been around since 1877 to only win 3 World Series and doing that basically once every 39 years is pathetic!!!!!!!  

We should expect our next World Series win sometime between 2032 to 2035!

Don't even get me started on the Falcons. Only the Bills and Vikings are more pathetic as they both have been to the big game 4 times yet never won! They should hold a concession game one year where the Bills and Vikings get to play each other and the winner is the second Super Bowl winner for that year, that way and probably only that way will one of them at least finally win a Super Bowl (even though it was the Concession Bowl Super Bowl). The Falcons should have made the play-offs more often and made it to more Super Bowls then the one they lost.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One can talk all day and say what they want, but at the end of the day Atlanta's Sports problem is above the teams and the players:

WE DON'T HAVE ANY DECENT TEAM OWNERS!

One only has to look as far as Bobby Cox to know this. Only an idiot picks players for positions by whether they bat right or left handed so he can stack the line-up with Righty, Lefty, Righty, Lefty if that really worked every team in the league would be doing it, it doesn't work! Why don't we lower ticket prices so Fans, not just the 1%, can go to multiple games a year and do a Moneyball type team that is not completely on a shoestring budget. Atlanta needs offense (doesn't matter if you have the best pitchers in the world, if you can't score one more run then the other team, you LOSE!). Look what it has done for the Redsocks. The first year after Oakland tried the moneyball method (hiring players on there ability to get on base, not their scouting report or from what their agent says), the Redsocks tried to hire their coach (the moron didn't take the job) so they hired a new manager and put the principle to work but with a bigger budget and they won their first World Series since 1918 and a total of 3 since that win! The Braves for a team that has been around since 1877 to only win 3 World Series and doing that basically once every 39 years is pathetic!!!!!!!
View Quote

That's probably the first time I've heard anyone complain about braves ticket prices.  They are really cheap and people still don't go to games. I remember the 1997 playoffs where games didn't even sell out and I think tickets were only $35.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It was time for ole wren to go.  The black eye of Uggla and BJ was just too much after this year.  I would bet the new GM will get rid of Fredi too.
View Quote

I was happy to see Uggla get canned and disappointed BJ didn't go too. Freddie isn't part of the problem.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Many people were complaining about Terry Pendelton being moved from hitting coach to his present position.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top