Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 11:23:24 AM EDT
I am not affiliated with the shop, however Guns and Gear is sponsoring the annual Machine Gun Shoot in North GA  on Saturday November 22nd  at the Red Hills Skirmish Range (same place as usual). Last years event was not highly attended so it was very easy to get a spot on the line (unlike other shoots).  It just needs to be advertised more.   Its a double edge sword as few shooters mean more space, however if vendors and sponsors don't  make money, there may not be another shoot. Generally there are folks that rent full-auto, but as long as you are not a tool and either I know you or someone can vouch for you (ie a HTF member) and use factory ammo, I really don't mind folks shooting my stuff.  I have a couple of full-autos... nothing too exciting..

Overall I felt is was a very safe shoot, and hung around with some Arfcom folks to watch my stuff.....Decent BBQ too.

Tix are available here Tix

Chris

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone told me there is a C&R shoot the first Saturday in October also at Red Hill.

ETA: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/744956-Official-Thread-for-the-Fall-C-amp-R-shoot!?highlight=red+hill
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone told me there is a C&R shoot the first Saturday in October also at Red Hill.

ETA: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/744956-Official-Thread-for-the-Fall-C-amp-R-shoot!?highlight=red+hill
View Quote

Same day as HTF shoot... It was posted on the OTD as above.. I will be going to the HTF shoot. M16's  and MP5's are not exactly C&R
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Same day as HTF shoot... It was posted on the OTD as above.. I will be going to the HTF shoot. M16's  and MP5's are not exactly C&R
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are both about 50 years old. I think its time to put them on the list!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
We are planning to be there for the Red Hill Shoot in November again. Come see us, we'll have tons of cool stuff to rent.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in!

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Would love to go if time allows. I'll make a note on the calendar.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
In case you can make it, here is some information on the shoot.

Hope you can all attend!!

Coop

http://www.tacticalgunsandgear.com/2014-fall-machine-melee-i-64.html
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking forward to it.

We will most likely bring the SCAR17, M60, MG42, Glock 18, BAR and a few more.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I will bring stuff to shoot . bring decent brass cased 9mm and have a few mags with me
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looking forward to it.

We will most likely bring the  MG42,, BAR .
View Quote

Those two will be enough for me to try and make it.  Never heard either in real life and seeing and hearing them in person will be a big highlight for me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those two will be enough for me to try and make it.  Never heard either in real life and seeing and hearing them in person will be a big highlight for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking forward to it.

We just got a Lafette for the 42 as well....
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking forward to it.

Awesome, definitely have to bring my video recorder.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#15]
bump... only a few days away.

Same plan as last year?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]
So how does this work? You pay an entrance fee, bring your own factory loaded ammo, walk around, pick a gun to rent BRAAAP, BRAAAP, BRAAAAAAAP.. move on right?

Never been, curious.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So how does this work? You pay an entrance fee, bring your own factory loaded ammo, walk around, pick a gun to rent BRAAAP, BRAAAP, BRAAAAAAAP.. move on right?

Never been, curious.
View Quote

You got part of it right Pay your entry fee.  The rental places will supply their own ammo, which is part of the rental fee.  Many other individuals will be there and they do not rent their weapons.  You may find some people who will let you shoot their weapon, but there is no guarantee other than the rentals.

Last year the arfcommers were in a group near the left end of the line.  There was a pop up shelter and some tables, and we all 'camped' together.  

Oh yeah.... save some $ for the BBQ luncheon.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#18]
It depends on Who Owns the MG you are firing. If its your buddy and he just wants you to use factory ammo, sure it works that way. But to rent a real MG like an MG42 (not a subgun or machine pistol), its the fee to get in plus $500. The $500 gets you a MG42 rental (which is $100 first MG and $50 for additional rentals leaving $400 for ammo [about 800 rounds] if you only shoot the MG42). Other Venders will probably have other deals and packages.

If you are on a budget and just want to shoot a subgun or machine pistol, I would look for a Forum member going to the shoot and see if you can fire their firearm IE bring 9MM, 45, 223. If you are looking to shoot a FA AR, I would bring ammo and an upper as some guys don't mind you using their FA lower but want you to put wear on your barrel using your ammo (some not all).
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It depends on Who Owns the MG you are firing. If its your buddy and he just wants you to use factory ammo, sure it works that way.
View Quote

For events like this we do things a little different. We have a flat fee per amount of ammo. It varies by the mg. but not near that expensive. Think 240 belts for $20. And saw belts for less. The mg42 is normally more expensive just because you need more ammo to get a good brraaaaaap in.

Also aac will be there with us and will be donating a bunch of 300 to shoot through their suppressed mpw's free.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I have some video of me and Lawman at that shoot many many years ago, they put bottles of tannerite in an old mustang and a bunch of washers and dryers. Easy pickings at 100yds with bolt guns. Watching the hood of the old mustang fly off was great.

They still have the same BBQ guy there? It was the best part of the shoot!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Roll call.....

Who else is going to be there?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there, no idea what I'm bringing.  Is this mostly MG, or are silencers featured as well?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#23]
the BBQ guy was there last year, I assume he'll be back.

The loudest stuff is MG, but there are plenty of non MG guns being shot.  There is also a suppressor only shoot after lunch.

Here is what I put on ODT:
Its that time of year again. The annual Machinegun Melee is this saturday at Red Hill Range in Martin, GA. Looks like the weather will even be nice too!

Guns and Gear in Lavonia is kind enough to allow us to barge in on this great event, and I believe Cherokee is coming too.

We will have a ton of guns to rent, including a Mk46/SAW, MG42, M240B, MP5, SCAR17CQC, Thompson, and more. Our rental prices are very reasonable as well.

Don't like spending money? Well we have that covered too. AAC is setting up with us, and is bringing a few 9" 300BLK MPW machineguns with FREE ammo for you to shoot. They will also have their full line of cans to demo. We will have a Tirant on our MP5, an SR7 on our SCAR, and an MGSD on the 240 and 249.

You can also bring your own stuff to shoot. This is a 100yd range.

Come see us!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be there, +1.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll be there, no idea what I'm bringing.  Is this mostly MG, or are silencers featured as well?
View Quote

There is a silencer only session. MG's aren't necessary bring what you want.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]
We will be there with a Shrike/M16, two MP5s, M11/9, and maybe a one of kind. Our prices will be based on the cost of the ammo only.

We will also have a semi Ma Deuce, and a semi 1919 setup next to us.

We will have a full line of AAC suppressors there as well.

Rich
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We will be there with a Shrike/M16, two MP5s, M11/9, and maybe a one of kind. Our prices will be based on the cost of the ammo only.

We will also have a semi Ma Deuce, and a semi 1919 setup next to us.

We will have a full line of AAC suppressors there as well.

Rich
View Quote

I feel like I met you today..... I'll be there. +1.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm (still) seriously considering buying an mp5...any way I can shoot someones? I have factory 124gr 9mm, and 115gr freedom munitions that I can bring.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Come see me at the tree line. I'lll have a choice between two.

Rich
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm seriously tempted, haven't been to one since Polite Society was involved, but not sure I can justify the gas, as I've got to be in Chattanooga by 5 or 6pm, and in the past couple of months I've bought a wedding ring (hint: don't date someone in the jewelry industry, they've had YEARS to decide what they want), a dryer, and a clothes washer.  But it would be fun to stick my 6.8 upper on someone's lower... or even my 5.56mm one...  But the 6.8 already has an AAC mount installed, I just haven't bought the can yet (I've used a friend's SDN on it).
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Seriously going to try and make this.  It's only an hour drive due North for me.  No MG's in my collection yet, but been wanting to shoot my AR-pistol.  So I am at least bringing that along to shoot along with $$ and ammo.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No MG's in my collection yet, but been wanting to shoot my AR-pistol.  So I am at least bringing that along to shoot along with $$ and ammo.
View Quote

I thought Georgia Banned all firearms from New York!    And I bet its a true NY AR Pistol, you know, it only takes 7 round detachable magazines or has a fixed mag
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#33]
I should be there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought Georgia Banned all firearms from New York!    And I bet its a true NY AR Pistol, you know, it only takes 7 round detachable magazines or has a fixed mag
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No MG's in my collection yet, but been wanting to shoot my AR-pistol.  So I am at least bringing that along to shoot along with $$ and ammo.

This was built in GA.  

Just bought my ticket online. I will be there.  When and where are we meeting up for those that are going?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just bought my ticket online. I will be there.  When and where are we meeting up for those that are going?
View Quote

I am going to try to get there about 9:00-9:15 so I have enough time to unload and setup.  

Last year we were all near the left end of the line, in front of the cars.  If the cars are somewhere else, I am going to set up so I have a good line at shooting them with the 50 and another fun toy.   I will have a table and a pop up canopy.  

Maybe print out a BFL and hang it on your table if you are there first and want to be with the HTF?

ETA.... nice pistol!

ETA 2.... It's been pretty dry, so I would think tracers will be a no no.  I do not know for sure, so please plan ahead.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
We are gonna try to get there around 9 and I'm gonna bring a folding table.  I'll wear my htf t shirt.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I will wear my HTF shirt as well . I expect it to be under my jacket
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Look for the guy with the long beard and a brown hat, that's me.

Got this ready for the shoot:

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow!  What a great day!  Perfect weather, good people, good BBQ, and machine guns.  What else could you ask for?   Thank you to the Red Hill Range for the use of you range.  Thanks to Guns and Gear for hosting the event.  Thanks to Cherokee and QRF for bringing all the fun stuff to shoot. Those who didn't make it today missed a great time.  

I got to cross a lot of guns off my bucket list today, plus some I wasn't planning on.  Where else can you shoot a  suppressed M240B mounted to a vehicle?  Add to that; the M249, MG43, MP5, SCAR-17 suppressed, Glock-18, HK-UMP, M2,M16's, M1 A1 Tompson, and UZI.  Add in 2 cars for targets and God knows how many pounds of tannerite, and we had one hell of a day.

Mike, thanks for the use of your "toys" as well.

Glad to to meet some new folks as well as some familiar faces.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:31:41 AM EDT
[#40]
I had fun . It was a long day
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I had a great time.  I had my oldest along and he had a blast.  I was pretty busy with him so I didn't get to talk to many others very much.

I saw you whiskerz, but I when ever I was free, you were busy.  I was at least going to see how you have been.  Sorry.

Kavon... I spoke with you for a minute, but never got back to you as well.  

Roland... I have a few pics and video of you if you want them.  Shoot me an address.  

I saw some other BFL's out there as well.  Nothing personal if I didn't talk to you, It was my son's first big shoot and I needed to keep a close watch on him.  He had a great time.  He shot the M-2, M-60 on the vehicle, M-16 (223, and 300 BLK thanks to AAC), a suppressed Sterling, and an Uzi.  Forgot all about getting him on a MP5 until we were heading out.  He got half a rack of ribs for a 'ride home snack', 'cause the BBQ lunch only lasted him about 2 hours.  It's like having a newborn again... eats every 2 hours
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Some iPotato pics.  Not too many, too busy shooting.

Vehicle mounted Suppressed M240B

MG42 and M249

Targets

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top