Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2014 9:20:31 PM EDT
It's been a while since I've been to the RK Show near the Atlanta airport.

Has anyone been recently, and if so, was it different than any of the other Atlanta-area shows?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
bigger, more to see and buy sometimes. Entrance is good for 2 days. Got a wedding that day - dang
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]
It's damn near the only show I'll go to anymore and probably the best moneymaker for when I'm looking to grab tables and sell stuff such that it becomes somebody's else stuff.

Speaking of which I'll be there with 50 or so long guns including 20+ SKS rifles of various origin and rarity levels collected over the last 15 years. Too much stuff that needs to move out so I can make room for other stuff.

Look for Forsyth & Cherokee Pawn set of tables. I've got 2 squeezed in there with their stuff.

Jon
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there selling some stuff. Finally accumulated enough excess parts/guns/ammo to warrant a table. The RK show is wayyyyyyy better than the Eastman shows.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I would have loved to go, but we've got way too much packed into that weekend. Maybe next year.

One thing that sort of ticked me off at the last RK show I went to is that they charged me full price for my 9 year-old. I think she was free at the Eastman show (or at least, very discounted).
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I have talked to a buddy of mine is going to be working the show and will have a bunch brass. It will be tumble and clean.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Idk... I always say never again but for so.e reason I keep.going back.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Got to walk through this evening. Hoped to see postal's SKS collection, but, too late. Did see something never observed at a show.

Stills.

As in, distillation equipment for sale. Big, high capacity, 2.5 to 10 gallon  "alternative fuel distillation" equipment.

This probably won't end well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I am going to slide in for a bit. I regret not getting a table
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got to walk through this evening. Hoped to see postal's SKS collection, but, too late. Did see something never observed at a show.

Stills.

As in, distillation equipment for sale. Big, high capacity, 2.5 to 10 gallon  "alternative fuel distillation" equipment.

View Quote

It's not illegal to own one. It is illegal to use it for its intended purpose without license. I've seen stills for sale on several web sites, all with a disclaimer that their products are novelties and for decoration only. You know, for "decorating" a little shack out in the woods beside a creek...
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's not illegal to own one. It is illegal to use it for its intended purpose without license. I've seen stills for sale on several web sites, all with a disclaimer that their products are novelties and for decoration only. You know, for "decorating" a little shack out in the woods beside a creek...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stills.

Gotta love it... Land of the free shit, home of the tax slave.

Oh, you want to make your own alcohol for your own use? Too bad, you get to go to federal prison if you don't pay tax on every drop!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bueller, Bueller, Anybody, Anybody, Could somebody please tell me what the "A" in BATF stands for?

Oh yeah, that's the ticket, it stands for ALCOHOL!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bueller, Bueller, Anybody, Anybody, Could somebody please tell me what the "A" in BATF stands for?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought it stood for Assholes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe (especially when it comes to the "F") sir you are correct. I stand corrected!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Did anyone get the price of the stihls?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

crap I walked right past them several times and never looked.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you remember the name? Never liked the idea of bring decorations online.would prefer to see then in person.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you remember the name? Never liked the idea of bring decorations online.would prefer to see then in person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sell them at the store I work for, in Stockbridge. The ones we sell you can use in your kitchen with just a water hose. No nosey neighbor watching you outside. Pm me if you want more info.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#18]
The small basic still was about $150 . prices go up from there depending on options
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Good show.  I bought a Colt SP2 20 in.

I'm going back old school.  Screw all the red dot and scopes and vfgs and rails and every pimping thing else that thwarts the light-weight design philosophy of the AR.

Take that you young whippersnappers!  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#20]
anyway, what other stuff did they have?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#21]
There were several SP1's as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top