BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What they would love has nothing to do with reality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wisconson 59
Nebraska 24

That's what giving the future Heisman trophy winner four or five turnovers and six(?) 40 yard rushes looks like. You wouldn't understand it's a meat grinder, they just beat each other up, and our scrub teams would be playing for conference championships everywhere else. Shit happens, we had way to many turnovers on our own thirty yard line. Way to many incomplete passes to open recievers, and way too many mental errors and blown assignments.

What parts of the Georgia game I saw were awesome, congrats to y'all. I about lost it when Gurleys opening TD was called back for holding. The bulldogs did their part now I just need Auburn to but up and win out this rest of the season.

I am a Tide fan but I was pulling for UGA to beat Auburn.

And Auburn ain't gonna win out the rest of the season.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, they would love nothing more than to have Alabama sit at home watching the playoffs on TV this year just like they are. Not to mention I'll give Alabama the benefit of the doubt and say they are a great team(I dont think they are) they have this incredible ability to play down to their completion.

What they would love has nothing to do with reality.

OK, bud.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I love watching those types of grudge match-ups. Because just like what was said, toss out the stat sheets and season record books because games like the iron bowl are always won by the team who wants it more.

It's insane just how much the fans in Alabama on both sides live for that game!

Northern folks will never understand just how much us southerners like us some football.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what makes it fun to watch! I just want Auburn up at the end
Edit: best of luck to both Auburn and Alabama.

I love watching those types of grudge match-ups. Because just like what was said, toss out the stat sheets and season record books because games like the iron bowl are always won by the team who wants it more.

Northern folks will never understand just how much us southerners like us some football.

I just hate I have two wait another two weeks to watch it! How far north is northerners? State College loves its football as does Nebraska(fun fact durring the Fall Memorial Stadium i s the third largest city in the state)
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
How far North are Northerners? Hard to say anymore..................used to be it's anything above the Mason Dixon line.............nowadays its usually anything in New England or states like Ilinois, Indiana and Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin etc............but mostly New England

Quoted:

I just hate I have two wait another two weeks to watch it! How far north is northerners? State College loves its football as does Nebraska(fun fact durring the Fall Memorial Stadium i s the third largest city in the state)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Go Huskers!
Whats the word on Gurley?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Go Huskers!

Whats the word on Gurley?
View Quote
Torn acl.  Out for season

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm just going to start watching hockey.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:46:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference between loving YOUR favorite football team, and loving football. Southerners I know spend the entire weekend watching every game that comes on, and with the help of DVR finishing up Tue and Wed until Thursday night football. Friday night at their old HS cheering on the latest generation, and any other available moments talking about what they have seen and will be seeing. Most northern "fans" know very little about football, what's going on in the world of football, or even who they play this week much less the season schedule. It's "go state, let's win the Super Bowl!!" all cheerleader style. This is why Ohio state fans believe they deserve a shot at a title game every year when they play nobody worth mentioning. Notre dame is the same story, media got them in the game and it wouldn't have mattered if it was bama or UGA they were getting stomped and anybody that watches football knew it. This is why FSU needs to be voted out of playoffs, barely winning every game against a crap ACC schedule doesn't touch the worst SEC schedule but that's a whole other beast to tackle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There is a difference between loving YOUR favorite football team, and loving football. Southerners I know spend the entire weekend watching every game that comes on, and with the help of DVR finishing up Tue and Wed until Thursday night football. Friday night at their old HS cheering on the latest generation, and any other available moments talking about what they have seen and will be seeing. Most northern "fans" know very little about football, what's going on in the world of football, or even who they play this week much less the season schedule. It's "go state, let's win the Super Bowl!!" all cheerleader style. This is why Ohio state fans believe they deserve a shot at a title game every year when they play nobody worth mentioning. Notre dame is the same story, media got them in the game and it wouldn't have mattered if it was bama or UGA they were getting stomped and anybody that watches football knew it. This is why FSU needs to be voted out of playoffs, barely winning every game against a crap ACC schedule doesn't touch the worst SEC schedule but that's a whole other beast to tackle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't disagree more, but like you said that's a whole other beast.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
And I feel you would have a valid argument, and therefore don't fall into the aforementioned category. Not saying they couldn't compete if and probably when they get in I just don't think they are the team they were last season when they absolutely dominated their schedule. If not for the defending champion title, they would be right there with TCU and Ohio state and be a "they get in if and when the better teams lose a game or two". Granted the tigers had more luck getting them there then I've ever witnessed in a given season but FSU was the better team coming into that game IMO. Let's say Winston actually got punished for his many no-no's that most other players would have already been suspended for or worse, do you feel they would even be in the conversation? They have the worst backup QB in the country and would easily have 4 losses at this point if in fact the school had any standards. Also my opinion, but I'm just a UGA can so what do I know.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And I feel you would have a valid argument, and therefore don't fall into the aforementioned category. Not saying they couldn't compete if and probably when they get in I just don't think they are the team they were last season when they absolutely dominated their schedule. If not for the defending champion title, they would be right there with TCU and Ohio state and be a "they get in if and when the better teams lose a game or two". Granted the tigers had more luck getting them there then I've ever witnessed in a given season but FSU was the better team coming into that game IMO. Let's say Winston actually got punished for his many no-no's that most other players would have already been suspended for or worse, do you feel they would even be in the conversation? They have the worst backup QB in the country and would easily have 4 losses at this point if in fact the school had any standards. Also my opinion, but I'm just a UGA can so what do I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I actually said this at the beginning of the season in the Houston Husker thread about the Winston situation.    
Quoted:
You just need to worry about keeping your quaterback from getting arrested. If he does it will be a race to the bottom between UF and YOUR Noles as well as another decade of being irrelevant. not to mention having to listen to Miami spout shit about being the best team in the state.

But here's the deal for me, they have won. Don't get me wrong I really want GT to change that but right now, especially with the playoff, you can put an undefeated power5 conference champ in the mix and see if what ever blind/ dumb/ one second left luck, voodoo, which craft holds out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Go Auburn!
Alabama lolz 1
lolz2
Auburn lolz1
View Quote

Now that shits funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Bama does get too much love from rep alone though, but they didn't buy it with network help like ND did back in the day. At least they actually did dominate the nation for a few years to get that respect.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#13]
THWG
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Congratulations tech!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#15]
The Tech Ga game today is proof that God is a Tech fan and has a cruel sense of humor...........I had turned the channel when Ga scored.......ony to have stepdaughter start screaming about a 52 yard field goal by Tech from upstairs..........I haven't gone from dejected to elated and back an forth so many time in a game in years...............GOOOOOOOOOOOO Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
You heard it here first. Mizzou by 3 and GT by 7.
Go Huskers!
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Go Huskers!
View Quote

I agree with the GT score, but I hope your wrong about bama. I'd hate to hear the critics of the SEC isn't represented in the first ever CFP.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go Huskers!
View Quote

Yeah, not so much.

Also, GT by more than 3.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top