Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much sums it up. It would be over by dinner.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
everyone keep under estimating these guys, if they were to pull off another 9/11 type of attack next week, what would we do? they would have to attack golf courses here before Obama would do anything, even then............

i agree with what the open letter says, i just think we under estimate our enemies
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Reports I heard was that the guy who did the beheading was British.... With a British passport.

Think about that for a second. All these battlee hardened criminals who are completely desensitized to battle and killing are waking around with British, American, and other European passports.

They wouldn't have to invade. They would just fly in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reports I heard was that the guy who did the beheading was British.... With a British passport.

Think about that for a second. All these battlee hardened criminals who are completely desensitized to battle and killing are waking around with British, American, and other European passports.

View Quote

Probability is high that they're already here, biding their time....
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
everyone keep under estimating these guys, if they were to pull off another 9/11 type of attack next week, what would we do? they would have to attack golf courses here before Obama would do anything, even then............

i agree with what the open letter says, i just think we under estimate our enemies
View Quote

I don't underestimate them at all. I've met them in battle, and they suck ass. Take away the restrictive ROE from the vets, throw in a few million bubbas with hunting rifles and pick up trucks, and it would be a slaughter.

Of course, I'm speaking within the idea of an "invasion." Our ability to kill cowards flying airplanes and setting off bombs before disappearing is obviously a bit less. But, these guys aren't talking about that – they're talking about an open invasion similar to their march in Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep, just waiting for the "perfect day"

The Sepoy Mutiny in India, in 1857, is an example of a “Perfect Day.”  This was a spontaneous uprising by Muslims (and Hindus), with everyone giving the British their “best shot.”  Nannies killed the kids, cooks poisoned the food, and shop owners murdered the British ladies as they came into the shop.  And soldiers (sometimes complete units) killed their British officers and then used their weapons to attack the British.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
yep, just waiting for the "perfect day"

The Sepoy Mutiny in India, in 1857, is an example of a “Perfect Day.”  This was a spontaneous uprising by Muslims (and Hindus), with everyone giving the British their “best shot.”  Nannies killed the kids, cooks poisoned the food, and shop owners murdered the British ladies as they came into the shop.  And soldiers (sometimes complete units) killed their British officers and then used their weapons to attack the British.

Scary thought, I know.  But it would never work here- the only place where I could see that happening is Dearborn, Michigan.  We're not in Iraq, assimilated into Iraqi society as the Brits were in India.  Unless ISIS has managed to recruit and train millions of white dudes, the idea is a non-starter in the USA.  The guys with British accents and British and American passports still look like Muslims, and whether we want to admit it or not, we are a very xenophobic society post-9/11.  

What I'm getting at here is, an "invasion" will never happen.  These guys talk tough behind computers and video cameras, but they know that it would be a failure before it even started.  Now, they are absolutely capable of a "second 9/11."  Our southern border is wide open, and I've said for years that they are likely walking right across.  But the boy lovers will likely use IEDs and the like to "attack."  I laughed out loud at the video where the crosseyed booger-eater called us cowards for using drones, while his underlings set up IEDs and run.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#9]
While mounting an invasion of the US mainland would be suicide, our enemy isn't always stupid.  Calculated terrorism that makes the average American cautious and afraid to go out shopping, shuts down portions of the power grid, etc would have a bigger impact on life here than an all out invasion.  We have been lucky so far none of those have happened.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I would think that the amount of terror attacks to make Americans afraid to leave their homes and go to work effectively causing the country to shut down would be incredible. Then again with the pussification that has already partially taken place, you might be on to something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While mounting an invasion of the US mainland would be suicide, our enemy isn't always stupid.  Calculated terrorism that makes the average American cautious and afraid to go out shopping, shuts down portions of the power grid, etc would have a bigger impact on life here than an all out invasion.  We have been lucky so far none of those have happened.

I would think that the amount of terror attacks to make Americans afraid to leave their homes and go to work effectively causing the country to shut down would be incredible. Then again with the pussification that has already partially taken place, you might be on to something.

The large cities full of pant wetting wimps will be crippled for sure...combined with the fact that they would be the likely targets.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The large cities full of pant wetting wimps will be crippled for sure...combined with the fact that they would be the likely targets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of these things could have happened already, with or without ISIS.

A certain level of paranoia is healthy, but allowing it to scare you... gives ISIS a certain level of legitimacy, which is exactly what they want.  That level of legitimacy, as a caliphate by fear, is perhaps their ultimate goal, and they are achieving it without a single act on our soil.

Just like the acts oversteer mentioned, psychological intimidation is the purest form of "calculated terrorism," and ISIS is already making gains there, apparently.

The best thing for us as a nation to do right now would be to send a strong, unquestioned, "fuck you, come and try it" message to these pricks.  They typically shrink from a challenge.  That, of course, would require us to have a backbone, which y'all don't seem to think we have, and the current administration seems dead-set to prove.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A certain level of paranoia is healthy, but allowing it to scare you... gives ISIS a certain level of legitimacy, which is exactly what they want.  That level of legitimacy, as a caliphate by fear, is perhaps their ultimate goal, and they are achieving it without a single act on our soil.

Just like the acts oversteer mentioned, psychological intimidation is the purest form of "calculated terrorism," and ISIS is already making gains there, apparently.

The best thing for us as a nation to do right now would be to send a strong, unquestioned, "fuck you, come and try it" message to these pricks.  They typically shrink from a challenge.  That, of course, would require us to have a backbone, which y'all don't seem to think we have, and the current administration seems dead-set to prove.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Imagine how psychologically debilitating it would be if several 'sleepers' had gained employment at large venues such as Turner Field, Seaworld, Disney, etc....and coordinated to release chemical agents, pack bombs, or any other nightmare you can think of, at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#15]
We need to discuss and think more about it and just heal each other with calm words.
Isn't that what our illustrious pres says as he plays golf ;@)
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We need to discuss and think more about it and just heal each other with calm words.
Isn't that what our illustrious pres says as he plays golf ;@)
View Quote

Fuck that guy.

I'm in with the decision to make a statement to the UN that any terror attack inside the borders of the US will be seen as an invasion and official declaration of war by ISIS and all sympathizers and that we will have no ROEs with these people and will not stop until they are eradicated.

We may be a shell of our former shining glory, but if the gloves came off and we had to give them hell they wouldn't last very long at all and they wouldn't have a friend left on the planet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#17]
High hopes everyone seem to have.....

Reality would be far different though
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, are you saying that we are doomed? That ISIS will simply roll through our country, and that we will be powerless to stop them?

I've been noticing this attitude a lot lately, and the media is doing nothing to help it. I keep hearing how ISIS is this technically advanced, superior military organization, and that they will achieve whatever goals they want.

Bluntly stated, this attitude in general is bullshit.

Yes, ISIS did roll over Iraqi civilians powerless to stop them, and vast numbers of Iraqi military that ran rather than fight. But, what happened the second they faced the Kurds, our air power, and our SF advisers on the ground? They started getting their asses kicked in. Not only did they stop, but they began falling back. They're the same people we beat back in the spring of 2004, in Fallujah later that year, and ultimately swept across the border back into Syria during the surge. They are not an unstoppable machine. The second they meet any organized resistance they start losing.

If we are basing our opinions on what would happen here in America on what happened in Iraq earlier this year, then that is truly sad.  Iraqi culture has to be experienced to be understood. They are a passive, uncaring culture. Inshallah.. When there is a man with a gun in front of them, they simply give up. Americans don't do that. Or do we?

For every "professional soldier" ISIS has, this country has 100.  For every stolen tank that ISIS uses to do donuts in downtown Balad, we have a platoon in the hands of capable young Marines and Soldiers. There is not one area in which ISIS has this country beaten, except, unless you believe some people, in heart.

We need to stiffen our jaw a bit. Those of us who post on this board should be the defenders of freedom for our fellow American citizens. God forbid ISIS ever comes knocking here, it may be up to us to finish the fight. Hopefully we will have the guts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So, are you saying that we are doomed? That ISIS will simply roll through our country, and that we will be powerless to stop them?

I've been noticing this attitude a lot lately, and the media is doing nothing to help it. I keep hearing how ISIS is this technically advanced, superior military organization, and that they will achieve whatever goals they want.

Yes, ISIS did roll over Iraqi civilians powerless to stop them, and vast numbers of Iraqi military that ran rather than fight. But, what happened the second they faced the Kurds, our air power, and our SF advisers on the ground? They started getting their asses kicked in. Not only did they stop, but they began falling back. They're the same people we beat back in the spring of 2004, in Fallujah later that year, and ultimately swept across the border back into Syria during the surge. They are not an unstoppable machine. The second they meet any organized resistance they start losing.

If we are basing our opinions on what would happen here in America on what happened in Iraq earlier this year, then that is truly sad.  Iraqi culture has to be experienced to be understood. They are a passive, uncaring culture. Inshallah.. When there is a man with a gun in front of them, they simply give up. Americans don't do that. Or do we?

For every "professional soldier" ISIS has, this country has 100.  For every stolen tank that ISIS uses to do donuts in downtown Balad, we have a platoon in the hands of capable young Marines and Soldiers. There is not one area in which ISIS has this country beaten, except, unless you believe some people, in heart.

We need to stiffen our jaw a bit. Those of us who post on this board should be the defenders of freedom for our fellow American citizens. God forbid ISIS ever comes knocking here, it may be up to us to finish the fight. Hopefully we will have the guts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is the kind of response I was looking for when I posted this
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:29:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Not doomed. Just not putting faith in people more worried about what the Kadashians did then what is going on in the world.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Having never had the honor of serving, here are my thoughts on the matter if I were President:

1.  Carte Blanche to Israel - we have your back, tell us what you need and handle shit.
2.  Black bag, wet works, etc. Are back in full swing towards our enemies up to and including political assassinations.
3. War is declared on ISIS and ANYONE who backs, supports, or hides them - country, cause, or otherwise. The ROE are quite simple - there are NONE. You pick up a weapon of any kind, you die. No matter where you hide, the US hunts you down and kills you. Unfortunately, civilians will die but this is WAR - shit happens. We'll help the rebuild if there is anything salvageable left - think Hiroshima level without the nuke.
4.  No imbedded press unless they are armed and fighting. In war, shit happens that the American Idol, Kardashian, etc. Crowd don't need to see or hear about until AFTER it's over.

That's a start on my thoughts for foreign policy. My domestic ones are rather interesting too.

All the past and active .mil here (and in general) have my heartfelt thanks for your sacrifices. If the time ever comes that we have to take up arms on our own soil, I'd be proud to stand with anyone in this group.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not doomed. Just not putting faith in people more worried about what the Kadashians did then what is going on in the world.
View Quote

Herein lies the difference between Americans and the Iraqis that I mentioned in my post.

Americans do have a short attention span. However, when faced with the wolf at the door, they typically wake up, rather than roll over. Makeitflyfast mentioned the rally 'round the flag effect that took place after 9/11. The same thing would happen again, were ISIS to strike here. War and terrorism have proven themselves to be the ultimate reality show here in America. Those who stick their heads in the sand on a permanent basis probably wouldn't be of much use, anyway. Those who view guilty pleasures with passing humor would gladly set those habits aside and do what needed to be done.

History is full of examples where civilized nations had to set aside their daily drug of choice and power through dangerous times. Londoners during the Battle of Britain, Americans during the Cold War, and the Israelis during this current conflict, are all examples. All of these groups had segments of society hooked on their version of the Kardashians. Yet, as in the case of the British, they all kept calm and carried on, doing what they could to ensure the survival of their nation.

When things seem to be the darkest, we should all look to the lessons of history, and those who now hold the light, to help see the way to the end.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope your right
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope your right
View Quote

I think he is.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^ THIS! Fuck with III% of us and you WILL draw back a very bloody nub if you draw back one at all...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#27]
next victim of ISIS released

A 26 year old female aid worker kidnapped from Syria
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Fox and CNN is reporting that they just released another video beheading in response to the latest round of airstrikes.

No link yet, it was just a pushed update
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fox and CNN is reporting that they just released another video beheading in response to the latest round of airstrikes.

No link yet, it was just a pushed update
View Quote

Watching them talk about it on the news now, seems to be true.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Herein lies the difference between Americans and the Iraqis that I mentioned in my post.

Americans do have a short attention span. However, when faced with the wolf at the door, they typically wake up, rather than roll over. Makeitflyfast mentioned the rally 'round the flag effect that took place after 9/11. The same thing would happen again, were ISIS to strike here. War and terrorism have proven themselves to be the ultimate reality show here in America. Those who stick their heads in the sand on a permanent basis probably wouldn't be of much use, anyway. Those who view guilty pleasures with passing humor would gladly set those habits aside and do what needed to be done.

History is full of examples where civilized nations had to set aside their daily drug of choice and power through dangerous times. Londoners during the Battle of Britain, Americans during the Cold War, and the Israelis during this current conflict, are all examples. All of these groups had segments of society hooked on their version of the Kardashians. Yet, as in the case of the British, they all kept calm and carried on, doing what they could to ensure the survival of their nation.

When things seem to be the darkest, we should all look to the lessons of history, and those who now hold the light, to help see the way to the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree and hope that is the case the only problem I see with that theory is that we don't have a leader anymore.  Every example you provide had a leader willing to do what had to be done.  We have the golfer-in-chief who wouldn't know what to do or even want to do anything.  He would make some grand speech full of tough platitudes and then hit the links for 18 holes.  He might send the FBI after them, but that would be the extent of his involvement.  Until this fool is out of office we aren't a threat to anyone, and they know it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
While I agree and hope that is the case the only problem I see with that theory is that we don't have a leader anymore.  Every example you provide had a leader willing to do what had to be done.  We have the golfer-in-chief who wouldn't know what to do or even want to do anything.  He would make some grand speech full of tough platitudes and then hit the links for 18 holes.  He might send the FBI after them, but that would be the extent of his involvement.  Until this fool is out of office we aren't a threat to anyone, and they know it.
View Quote

I totally agree that we are not a threat, in the sense that we are not going to go on a world crusade to clear out Islamic extremism, and that is largely due to a lack of coherent national leadership. However, in the context of a threat within American shores, where Americans are suddenly much more responsible on an individual level for survival, I believe that Obama's action (or inaction) will be meaningless.  

You are correct in that all of the examples I gave featured strong central leaders (well, except the Cold War, which was subject to the ebb and flow of politics as usual), but the direct comparison stops there- Winston Churchill wasn't standing on street corners directing Londoners to the nearest shelter during Nazi bombing raids.  Regular people within those neighborhoods stepped up and became leaders, ensuring the safety of their fellow citizens (well, subjects).  Also, you can look at the events of 9/11- President Bush did not address the nation until 8:30pm EST, and even then did not issue instructions, other than to pray; in the meantime, untold numbers of volunteers ran to the attack sites to help their fellow Americans, went to hospitals to donate blood, and lined up at recruiting stations in an effort to enlist.  No one told them to do that.  They just did.

The people who would put up the hardest fight (many of us here, I imagine) don't look to Obama for instructions, or anyone else for that matter.  We take initiative.  Just a cursory search of this website alone, being a relatively small piece of society, shows not only indifference to, but outright contempt for Obama's actions on a daily basis.  Given the context of an emergency situation with the added stress of protecting loved ones and property from imminent destruction, I only see that intensifying.  I know that if there were a bunch of ISIS/ISIL/IS/booger-eaters on my street, I'm certainly not waiting for any kind of policy statement from DC before I start my own little jihad.

I really do enjoy discussions like this.      

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I totally agree that we are not a threat, in the sense that we are not going to go on a world crusade to clear out Islamic extremism, and that is largely due to a lack of coherent national leadership. However, in the context of a threat within American shores, where Americans are suddenly much more responsible on an individual level for survival, I believe that Obama's action (or inaction) will be meaningless.  

You are correct in that all of the examples I gave featured strong central leaders (well, except the Cold War, which was subject to the ebb and flow of politics as usual), but the direct comparison stops there- Winston Churchill wasn't standing on street corners directing Londoners to the nearest shelter during Nazi bombing raids.  Regular people within those neighborhoods stepped up and became leaders, ensuring the safety of their fellow citizens (well, subjects).  Also, you can look at the events of 9/11- President Bush did not address the nation until 8:30pm EST, and even then did not issue instructions, other than to pray; in the meantime, untold numbers of volunteers ran to the attack sites to help their fellow Americans, went to hospitals to donate blood, and lined up at recruiting stations in an effort to enlist.  No one told them to do that.  They just did.

The people who would put up the hardest fight (many of us here, I imagine) don't look to Obama for instructions, or anyone else for that matter.  We take initiative.  Just a cursory search of this website alone, being a relatively small piece of society, shows not only indifference to, but outright contempt for Obama's actions on a daily basis.  Given the context of an emergency situation with the added stress of protecting loved ones and property from imminent destruction, I only see that intensifying.  I know that if there were a bunch of ISIS/ISIL/IS/booger-eaters on my street, I'm certainly not waiting for any kind of policy statement from DC before I start my own little jihad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you.  While the politicians sit there and try to focus group a response the "little" people would be the ones putting up the fight and sending ISIS to meet their child molester idol.  I look at it this way.  See a muslim, shoot a muslim, can't trust any of them.  Their religion is one build on dominance and deception.  No middle ground there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Looks like ISIS threatened  Putin, I don't think they will be hanging around much longer.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Looks like ISIS threatened  Putin, I don't think they will be hanging around much longer.

View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I think Larry Gatlin has the right idea!

Open LETTER to Obama  
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Source?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source?

there is a thread in GD with news links, it also mentioned threatening the chinese. sadly this will be the only way they got dealt with. the chinese executed 8 muslims a week or so ago in a article i read. we don't have the political will to defeat islam, you can't fight a PC type war and expect to win. the russians and chinese don't care what we think and what the UN thinks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top