Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2014 7:07:38 AM EDT
Talked to my son who lives a mile away and he said that traffic was backed up over the interstate and that people were parking at gas stations and fast food restaurants. Anyone there that can post some pics of the carnage?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag. I work a mile from there and I'm probably going to run over there in an hour or two. Hoping some of the madness dies down by then, but we'll see.

GADOT is reporting the traffic as an "incident" and 75 is backed up to Wade Green Rd. LOL!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there, traffic looked awful coming in, also sucked trying to get out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Went over there around 12:30 or so. It wasn't too bad. I think the initial opening fervor had died down and a lot of people were out or on their way out. Plenty of parking, you could walk around the store without bumping into people, plenty of .22 bricks left. Took about 35 minutes to check out--the line snaked through the whole store back to the opposite corner from the registers!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bet they had. 18 Wheeler slam full of .22.  

Make neckbeards stroke out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went over there around 12:30 or so. It wasn't too bad. I think the initial opening fervor had died down and a lot of people were out or on their way out. Plenty of parking, you could walk around the store without bumping into people, plenty of .22 bricks left. Took about 35 minutes to check out--the line snaked through the whole store back to the opposite corner from the registers!

I bet they had. 18 Wheeler slam full of .22.  

Make neckbeards stroke out.

Haha--I saw more older (no disrespect, just a description) people than neckbeards at the shelf.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the guys in our office said there was not an empty parking space at 6:15 this morning when he passed by.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One of the guys in our office said there was not an empty parking space at 6:15 this morning when he passed by.
View Quote

Glad I went on Tuesday and didn't try to be first in line today. The freebies would be nice, but not worth waiting in line 5 hours.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
GA navigator showed the traffic as being clear sometime after 12. I had to run down to smyrna and stopped by Cabela's around 2:45 on the way back. Pulled right in to a parking space. Since I was fortunate enough to have been there Tuesday and looked around, I went straight to the 22ammo display and grabbed a box for my son. Third in line at the checkout. Traffic cop quickly got me on the road up to the traffic light where another cop let me out in just a few minutes. Home by 3:15. Not too bad.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
GA navigator showed the traffic as being clear sometime after 12. I had to run down to smyrna and stopped by Cabela's around 2:45 on the way back. Pulled right in to a parking space. Since I was fortunate enough to have been there Tuesday and looked around, I went straight to the 22ammo display and grabbed a box for my son. Third in line at the checkout. Traffic cop quickly got me on the road up to the traffic light where another cop let me out in just a few minutes. Home by 3:15. Not too bad.
View Quote

Very smooth! Everyone must have gotten bored and left right about when I got out of there (2:15ish).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top