Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2014 12:40:38 AM EDT
This course will be taught at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN
4626 SR 50
Pelham, TN 37366

The class will start at 0800hrs CST and run until approximately 1700hrs. We will break for lunch for 1 hour, you are welcome to bring your own eats or zip out and grab a bite. I am limiting the class to 20 students.

Course fees are $200 per student, to be paid in advance. Your spot isn't reserved until payment is received.

Other than the warmups in the morning, all drills will be shot as a team. We will start off with 2-man teams, then progress to 4-man teams, at a minimum. Warmups will include some quick diagnoses of any problems you may have with your fundamentals.

Topics covered will include, but may not be limited to:
Shooting while moving
Team communications
Covered movement
Fire & maneuver
Cover drills when dealing with reloads, malfunctions or weapon transitions
Proper uses of cover/concealment with multiple operators
Break contact
"Man down" drills
Reaction to a vehicle ambush

Gear list:
Carbine with sling
Handgun with holster, minimum 1 spare mag on your person
600 rounds for the carbine (bring more if you have a "heavy trigger finger")
50 rounds for the handgun
Minimum of 2 carbine magazines on your person for reloads. I recommend at least 8 magazines total for the course.
Eye and ear protection
Hat with a front brim
Plenty of water

Your particular gear is up to you; warbelts, vests, suspenders, etc. Body armor and/or helmets are welcome if you choose to wear them, as are suppressors. Your carbine and handgun both need to be sighted in and ready to go, we will not be zeroing.

You are welcome to come with a buddy for partnering. If not, we will partner you with another student who needs someone.

This course will be a very physical course. A lot of movement and rushes. Dress appropriately.

At the end of the day all students will have the opportunity to qualify for ranking on the Tactical Carbine Course. All LEO's will receive POST credit for all hours in attendance.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Semper Fi!
Precision Applications, LLC
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Heard you were trying to get a lock on your last training location.  How's that going?

I'd like to train with my SBR/can combos without having to have a fed form to go with me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Still up in the air.

It's an outstanding place, run by great folks, has an indoor classroom, multiple ranges, etc.  Can't wait for them to get it back up and running.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the green light from my CO (wife).  Count me in... I need to file 5320.20's for my SBR on Monnday
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to go
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
The CG has cut orders sending me TAD to your unit for the weekend of September 19, 2014.

Travel orders are by POV, requesting a ride-along if space still available.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Gotcha
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#8]
This is by far one of my favorite classes i've taken. Anyone who takes it is sure to enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, Mike. Definitely one of my favorite courses to teach, and the students always seem highly motivated during.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Got a few slots left. Currently have an odd number of students, so if someone needs a partner I've got one for ya.

In regards to folks riding along with me, I've had a change of plans. I'm heading up Friday night and coming back Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Who is already registered to go and wants to go up early Saturday morning sharing gas expenses or going up late Friday and splitting a room and gas expenses?

I can drive or ride, either way is find by me but I drive an Expedition so if I'm driving its not the best when it comes to splitting gas cost unless we take 4 to 6 of us (I have true thrid row seating with split second row captain's seats.

PM or Email if you don't wish it posted or known you are going in the forum.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll hit up the other students via BCC and see if they wanna share a ride.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#13]
How do you want payment ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Cash, check, MO, PayPal, ammo, magazines, scope rings, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cash, check, MO, PayPal, ammo, magazines, scope rings, etc.
View Quote

Or Yamaha Rhino!       But I wouldn't know whether your change would be in: cash, check, ammo, magazines, or scope rings......
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#16]
That's easy!  I don't give back change!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Speaking for myself and probably many others: Fun was had by ALL and it was a great course and learning experience. Thanks again for taking the time out of your Saturday to teach us some much needed skills!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I had a great time with a great bunch of folks.  Lotsa good rounds down range and I still don't have any holes in my truck (knock on wood).

Can't wait until the next course and the next group of folks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top