Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:08:37 PM EDT

I passed this sign leaving my neighborhood today. Not as common of a sight over here in NE Gwinnett as it is up in the mountains.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What does $300.00 get you..???

Doesn't seem like a lot of money unless there's a lot of houses in the neighborhood.

I have never lived anywhere that was governed by a HOA.

td
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Doesn't seem like a lot of money unless there's a lot of houses in the neighborhood.

td
View Quote

Ours is $30/year. Pays to keep the lights on at the 3 entrances, lawn mowed/edged/weed wacked/weed/feed along the ~1/2 mile road frontage for the subdivision. We also do a couple of parties a year, put flowers at entrances. Few other things. Less than a dozen people do 90% of the work for the ~360 homes in the neighborhood. On a good year 60% of the homeowners pay up. The rest "catch up" when they sell their homes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ours is $30/year. Pays to keep the lights on at the 3 entrances, lawn mowed/edged/weed wacked/weed/feed along the ~1/2 mile road frontage for the subdivision. We also do a couple of parties a year, put flowers at entrances. Few other things. Less than a dozen people do 90% of the work for the ~360 homes in the neighborhood. On a good year 60% of the homeowners pay up. The rest "catch up" when they sell their homes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

td

This sounds exactly like my neighborhood, plus we have a neighborhood pool/tennis/playground. True words, less than a dozen do 90% of the work with few paying.

Someone not contributing $30/yr, even just for roadside landscaping sounds a little greedy to me. No free lunch.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:18:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This sounds exactly like my neighborhood, plus we have a neighborhood pool/tennis/playground. True words, less than a dozen do 90% of the work with few paying.

Someone not contributing $30/yr, even just for roadside landscaping sounds a little greedy to me. No free lunch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

td

For $30 it isn't worth going after them, and we have covenants so it has to be cleared up when the house sells. We even work out deals. If they can't pay the $30, we'll set up a payment plan, or have them do some work around the neighborhood for three hours.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Are black bears not that common here in GA?Back in the Northeast they were ALL over the place!Seeing them in residential neighborhoods was common,coyotes too...Figured there would be more here,haven't see one yet in the year I've lived here.Did see another dead dillo a few days ago in Commerce .
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my friends has a bear visiting his farm between Temple and Carrollton. He showed me some tracks and said his daughter saw it last week so he put out some trail cameras to try and get a look at it. Pretty rural stretch down the west side of the state so a bear can move through unnoticed pretty easy. Couple of years ago my sister had a bear in her neighborhood right near I-285 and 400, those city bears get the city folks all worked up. One of her dumb ass neighbors started leaving food out for it so it wouldn't go hungry while it was lost and afraid. Some people...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Why is it always the black bear . Sounds racist
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw an African American bear (I think that's preferred nomenclature) a few years ago while hunting outside of Winder.  It wasn't much bigger than a large Rottweiler.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a decent size bear walk through my backyard yesterday about 6pm
I live around dahlonega though so kinda normal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top