Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 4:29:26 PM EDT
Anyone here in Cobb know anyone who deals with honeybees? I have a hole the size of a quarter in the block wall of my house where honeybees have decided to take up residence........I would rather someone who could get them take them, but I am also thinking about calling an exterminator...........
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Neither an exterminator or tree guys week touch them. They are protected in Georgia and are illegal to kill..... Or so the arborist told me  

Callhome town honey about them. They are in Kennesaw. They helped us out. And I now but their honey in gallon jugs.  

Ever thought about putting up a hive and keeping them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks...........my wife finds it humorous that I don't care to mess with them, but I don't particularly want to get lit up by those things.............they hurt pretty bad
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Not really............I don't have much time to tend to them with the way I work. I'd rather someone else who keeps them have them

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neither an exterminator or tree guys week touch them. They are protected in Georgia and are illegal to kill..... Or so the arborist told me  

Callhome town honey about them. They are in Kennesaw. They helped us out. And I now but their honey in gallon jugs.  

Ever thought about putting up a hive and keeping them?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Home town honey will help out. The farmers around Cobb and Kennesaw mountain pay him to keep bees on their property?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Atlanta Metro Beekeepers ,   can usually find a keeper in your area .
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Those little buzzers are highly valued. Especially since the onset of colony collapse in the honey bee category and our need for their pollination. My dad used to pay good money to lease hives for his orchards. There must be someone who wants your hive. Try your local feed store?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those little buzzers are highly valued. Especially since the onset of colony collapse in the honey bee category and our need for their pollination. My dad used to pay good money to lease hives for his orchards. There must be someone who wants your hive. Try your local feed store?
View Quote

Too late
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top