User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
We have received 10 donations covering 16 attendees
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been informed by a few people that they will bring donations with them the day of.

For anyone wondering, we will post a thank you after the event to all who donated with names (not donation amount though) and give an account of all we spent and what we received. Anything over what we need for the event will be donated to a charitable cause to be determined by you guys by poll if we do indeed have an excess of funding.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another idea for any excess in funds other than a charity, is maybe have a drawing on Saturday and the person picked (member, not guest) can receive a gift card to the ar15.com store or something similar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been informed by a few people that they will bring donations with them the day of.

For anyone wondering, we will post a thank you after the event to all who donated with names (not donation amount though) and give an account of all we spent and what we received. Anything over what we need for the event will be donated to a charitable cause to be determined by you guys by poll if we do indeed have an excess of funding.

Another idea for any excess in funds other than a charity, is maybe have a drawing on Saturday and the person picked (member, not guest) can receive a gift card to the ar15.com store or something similar.

We can throw that option on the poll as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Money sent.

Lookin forward to the shoot!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
We have received 12 donations covering 19 attendees
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#7]
My neighbor has finally committed to tagging along so mark me as a Plus One.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#8]
looks like the Augusta area will have 3 representing the CSRA, will have cash in hand
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
looks like the Augusta area will have 3 representing the CSRA, will have cash in hand
View Quote

Awesome.  Thanks for making the trip fellas.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Do we have someone coming to the event that can take great pics with a real camera?  
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do we have someone coming to the event that can take great pics with a real camera?  
View Quote

I have a digital SLR that can take about 4500 regular pics, 2600 mid range pics, or 1000 hires pics with the memory card I have. Don't mind snapping pics while I am not on the firing line and we can setup a code for anybody that doesn't want to have their picture taken (wear a hunting vest, pink baseball cap, etc). Absolutely no vehicle tags or picture of company vehicles (if you bring your work vehicle) will be in any photo. I like my privacy also.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have a digital SLR that can take about 4500 regular pics, 2600 mid range pics, or 1000 hires pics with the memory card I have. Don't mind snapping pics while I am not on the firing line and we can setup a code for anybody that doesn't want to have their picture taken (wear a hunting vest, pink baseball cap, etc). Absolutely no vehicle tags or picture of company vehicles (if you bring your work vehicle) will be in any photo. I like my privacy also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing like that. Was thinking of an epic dinner pic for GD.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe we can win an epic dinner thread.  Good idea.  

I like the way you think.  What kind of bourbon are you bringing for the picture?  I drink rot gut, so we may not want to include 10 bottles of Old Crow Reserve in the picture.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I like the way you think.  What kind of bourbon are you bringing for the picture?  I drink rot gut, so we may not want to include 10 bottles of Old Crow Reserve in the picture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I was thinking we can set up a little of everything we bring, same with weapons.

I've got several different varietys I can bring. We will do more than one plate at the table. Shit, there's gonna be 50 of us!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll be sure to make a PB&J sammich, for the hilarity
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

We need a can of Spam, some Saltines, and a tin of sardines as well.

And PBR.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And PBR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And PBR.

The PBR is a given with us
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And PBR.

I was gonna say I remember reading a thread about one of Votes cookouts and those CSRA guys have a high brow palate such as that.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#19]
JP and myself have downed many a PBR in the last few years.

Quoted:
I was gonna say I remember reading a thread about one of Votes cookouts and those CSRA guys have a high brow palate such as that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And PBR.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#20]
They still actually make PBR? It was my understanding that there was an unwritten rule that once you reached the legal age to buy real beer that you were no longer allowed to buy or drink PBR anymore!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They still actually make PBR? It was my understanding that there was an unwritten rule that once you reached the legal age to buy real beer that you were no longer allowed to buy or drink PBR anymore!  
View Quote
They make PBR light.

I was a coyote ugly in Tampa and it happened to be $1 beer night. The place was packed, I waited my turn and yelled over the music/crowd that I wanted a PBR. The bartender didn't hear me, so I yelled at her "PBR!!!!".   She still couldn't hear over the noise. So I pointed at the neon PBR sign. She looked at it then me and said," you do realize that all beer is a dollar, right?"
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't drink PBR till after I was 30.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was 29.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I was 29.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was 29.
I was 14. I was working at a country club golf course during the day kitchen help at night. The kitchen manager loved it. He never could keep count of how many he drank.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And PBR.

lol, Yuengling for this crew, i thought PBR was for neckbeards and hipsters
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And PBR.

I thought you were king of the neckbeards
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can tell we're going to have a damn good time.

View Quote

Only if you learn to lighten up...  

The rest of us already know how to party.  Especially Vote, he's hung with us before
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was 14. I was working at a country club golf course during the day kitchen help at night. The kitchen manager loved it. He never could keep count of how many he drank.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was 29.

Hell, I was 34.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

N

Shit, long as cpl keeps the special brew away from me, I'm cool.

But he won't, and I'd hate to hurt his feelings by saying no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can tell we're going to have a damn good time.

Only if you learn to lighten up...  

The rest of us already know how to party.  Especially Vote, he's hung with us before
N

Shit, long as cpl keeps the special brew away from me, I'm cool.

But he won't, and I'd hate to hurt his feelings by saying no.

Why does it always end up my fault?  I never even brought it out til you asked. Then you kept asking.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I get the feeling those going to church the Sunday morning of the HTF Shoot are not going to have to worry about their sermon being interrupted by gunfire because everybody will still be sleeping it off long after the church parking lot is empty after services Sunday!  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sleeping?

You must be new.

We don't sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get the feeling those going to church the Sunday morning of the HTF Shoot are not going to have to worry about their sermon being interrupted by gunfire because everybody will still be sleeping it off long after the church parking lot is empty after services Sunday!  

Sleeping?

You must be new.

We don't sleep.

Yeah. He don't know me.  Sleep at 430am. Up at 630am
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sleeping?

You must be new.

We don't sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sleeping?

You must be new.

We don't sleep.

Saturday is going to be a long night I think. . . right after the long night myself and Cpl. will have friday watching BBQ cook. I plan on doing little shooting and much watching that weekend. And much drinking.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sleeping?

You must be new.

We don't sleep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sleeping?

You must be new.

We don't sleep.

Then it sounds like you don't really party as hard as everybody lets on, for if its truly a night of hard partying, nobody will hit the rack until about 7AM (oh the suns up, I better get a little sleep) and probably will not be up until after Church lets out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#37]
It will be my first meet.

Hoping for a great time! I plan on bringing my father along with me. Would this be an issue?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hoping for a great time! I plan on bringing my father along with me. Would this be an issue?
View Quote

Only if you Father doesn't know you might be a drinker, woman chaser, and full blown firearms freak!    Other then that, no reasons on our side of things not to bring him!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Only if you Father doesn't know you might be a drinker, woman chaser, and full blown firearms freak!    Other then that, no reasons on our side of things not to bring him!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think your correct on all counts sir
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How's the donations looking Mr. Treasurer?

Do we have enough to at least have some mustard on the hot dogs?

View Quote

We can afford Mustard (just not deli mustard yet). Count still the same no additional donations since the 21st.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#43]
i'm donation cash when the CSRA crew shows up Saturday morning, i have messaged our host and told him the amount, hope it helps looking forward to meeting new folks and shooting
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i'm donation cash when the CSRA crew shows up Saturday morning, i have messaged our host and told him the amount, hope it helps looking forward to meeting new folks and shooting
View Quote

I confirm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Same here, I'll be bringing cash when I come for two people. Plus, groceries and a smoker for those who want to eat.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Same here, I'll be bringing cash when I come for two people. Plus, groceries and a smoker for those who want to eat.
View Quote

You don't need to bring cash.  I got yours.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#47]
I will bring cash with me.

Just an update : I will not be bringing a +1

( not due to the reasons listed above, haha )

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Does anyone know what a Boston butt is going for per pound these days? I'll check my local butchers and pick up a few that Friday morning on my way up if prices are good.

View Quote
I'm looking into it today. SAMs or a local grocery store will be cheaper than a butcher, at least around here it is.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm looking into it today. SAMs or a local grocery store will be cheaper than a butcher, at least around here it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know what a Boston butt is going for per pound these days? I'll check my local butchers and pick up a few that Friday morning on my way up if prices are good.

It's getting close to time to order some stuff.  The wife and I will be making a trip to Sam's for paper plates, paper towels, Cups, plasticware, etc.  We'll handle that expense.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top