Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may be a + 2 can I bring a congressman ?  I met the wife of a local congressman yesterday . we had a discussion about disconnect with the locals and the party
View Quote

Yep. Bring em on. Be sure and warn them about our zealous love for the 2nd amendment.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Dammit, our semi retarded HTF mod is right again!
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If nothing else, I should be able to bring plenty of sausage. That boar I shot Tuesday night is going to mostly become sausage. I think most of these are going on the smoker. That will be something easy that I can bring. All we'll need to do is thaw them and warm them up. That's the 3rd boar over 150lbs that I've killed in a month, so I've been making a lot of sausage.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
can I bring a congressman ?  
View Quote

Does said Congressman know and realize Class III weapons are in fact legal (there was a discussion on the radio and several had no idea a citizen could legally own a machine gun)?

Additionally, does said Congressman have a security detail and if yes, isn't that going to kind of put the kibosh on our fun!?

I could care less as the more the merrier just playing devil's advocate.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just make sure you mark which kind is which so I can eat up all the jalapeño cheese oned.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If nothing else, I should be able to bring plenty of sausage. That boar I shot Tuesday night is going to mostly become sausage. I think most of these are going on the smoker. That will be something easy that I can bring. All we'll need to do is thaw them and warm them up. That's the 3rd boar over 150lbs that I've killed in a month, so I've been making a lot of sausage.

Just make sure you mark which kind is which so I can eat up all the jalapeño cheese oned.

You really love his sausage, huh?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Everyone does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone does.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Everyone does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone does.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Sausage is fine with me.

I think I'm gonna get a half bushel of green peanuts to boil for Friday night in the big pot.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a 10 running....just have to get time to clearance everything for the glock lower..............will try and get it done this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been talking to the boss of the new company that will be producing the former DDLES lowers.....will have a large frame Glock mag lower in the shop next week....might even have a 45 and a 10mm upper tuned for it by the shoot.....

when you get a 10mm upper running, I need a phone call.  I'll get rid of my 1911's and g19 in a heartbeat and go g20, g29, delta, and 10mm ar

I have a 10 running....just have to get time to clearance everything for the glock lower..............will try and get it done this weekend.

Just have to get the last round bolt hold open working correctly.....I have it set for one 45 mag I got from Brownells...LOL....and now it won't work with factory Glock mags.....but the 10mm is shootable....burned up all the ammo I had testing it this afternoon............So far I only have the one large frame lower.......so the 10mm will have to share with the .45 for now.....
I'll be bringing .45's and 500 rounds......and a 10mm and a 40S&W......anyone wanting to shoot them will have to supply their ammo if they want to test 'em. (factory preffered)

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm very excited about this and so glad I found this thread. I'm in for Saturday only - bringing wife and 7 & 11 year old boys. I will bring (2) submachineguns, and anyone is welcomed to shoot them - just bring your own 9mm ammo (not reloads please). I'll also bring some swap meet stuff.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Got these and 2 more plates the same size finished today. There is still about 20lbs of Italian sausage in the refrigerator that I either need to freeze or smoke too. I did find out yesterday that I'm not a big fan of Italian sausage though.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell me more about that blade!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's one my wife had made for me for our 10th anniversary. My old pig sticker was starting to fall apart so this one replaced it. Carl Reichsteiner built it. The blade is from an old saw blade and the handle is Osage Orange. She sharpens up like a dream and is hell on a pig.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's one my wife had made for me for our 10th anniversary. My old pig sticker was starting to fall apart so this one replaced it. Carl Reichsteiner built it. The blade is from an old saw blade and the handle is Osage Orange. She sharpens up like a dream and is hell on a pig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's it cost to be as cool as you? That's a dandy of a blade, what's it weigh?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm very excited about this and so glad I found this thread. I'm in for Saturday only - bringing wife and 7 & 11 year old boys. I will bring (2) submachineguns, and anyone is welcomed to shoot them - just bring your own 9mm ammo (not reloads please). I'll also bring some swap meet stuff.
View Quote

Glad to have you.  I love subguns.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What's it cost to be as cool as you? That's a dandy of a blade, what's it weigh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than I can afford. I'm not sure of the exact weight but it looks heavier than it is. The balance is great and it feels better than I could have ever hoped for. I've stuck 2 hogs with it and both were perfect sticks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

More than I can afford. I'm not sure of the exact weight but it looks heavier than it is. The balance is great and it feels better than I could have ever hoped for. I've stuck 2 hogs with it and both were perfect sticks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, she loves you waaaayyyy too much.  lucky bastard
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Uh huh, if I had your money, I'd just burn mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh huh, if I had your money, I'd just burn mine.

You wouldn't be trading it for much.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Put me down for Saturday for shooting / eating / and bringing some stuff for the swap meet.

How big are the backstops?  In other words.... should I bring the 30 cal beltfed?   It doesn't group very well.   It manages minute of accura at 100 yards, but I am unable to guarantee minute of maytag at that range  

Please IM me directions.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Please change my status to confirmed. I plan on bringing a friend, too. We will be there for the Saturday shoot.

<Changed to confirmed +1 -makeitflyfast>
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Y'all can scratch my name off the list. I won't be coming.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Loser. Something come up?

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has to sweep the roof that weekend
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or paint the grass a different shade of green.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#32]
It really is more fun to pick on him about it once he has bailed on you, instead of just hearing stories
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Please change me from maybe to confirmed with a +1.  We will not be camping only shooting Saturday.

<Done. - makeitflyfast>
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It really is more fun to pick on him about it once he has bailed on you, instead of just hearing stories
View Quote

I was advised that I should expect his departure under undisclosed circumstances beforehand.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was advised that I should expect his departure under undisclosed circumstances beforehand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That damn fence better be shinin when I ride by his house
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#36]
I know the kill it and grill it segment of food is covered.

How are we situated for veggies and desserts?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
Veggies? That's not food, it's what food eats.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No pie for you!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No pie for you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No pie for you!

Hey, I'm a Meat and Pie kind of guy also, or cake. Now a good pre-dessert starch like grilled corn on the cob or onions rings never hurt anybody!

Example: What goes with a meal of pulled pork, a slab of ribs, and brisket? Why pie of course and sometimes BBQ baked beans or onion rings, veggies doesn't enter into it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

No pie for you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No pie for you!
Two can play that game, no sweet smokey goodness off my smoker!  

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

We haven't talked about it much. Suggestions?  Most of my diet is veggies right now I'll be in for some.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We haven't talked about it much. Suggestions?  Most of my diet is veggies right now I'll be in for some.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thinking a sweet potato soufflé, possibly peas cooked with ham hock, and a tomato pie. That's what I've come up with so far, but if there are any requests, I can certainly add on.

Also, if anyone has any dessert requests, please speak up, or you're getting whatever me and Mrs. Southerncross whip up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sweet potatoe soufflé is to me.

Good homemade coleslaw (like hate chicken's ) us a must with BBQ.

Some fried okra

Deviled eggs

Bacon potato salad

Baked beans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thinking a sweet potato soufflé, possibly peas cooked with ham hock, and a tomato pie. That's what I've come up with so far, but if there are any requests, I can certainly add on.

Also, if anyone has any dessert requests, please speak up, or you're getting whatever me and Mrs. Southerncross whip up.

Some fried okra

Deviled eggs

Bacon potato salad

Baked beans

Now you're talking! Outdoor picnic type food as in anything with the words Fried or Beans in the title. Just have to have BBQ Baked Beans when there is a smoker involved.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Some fried okra

Deviled eggs

Bacon potato salad

Baked beans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some fried okra

Deviled eggs

Bacon potato salad

Baked beans

Fair enough!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I confused the dates with a family thing I have going on the following weekend.  

Unscratch my name.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That all sounds good to me.  There will be a lot of different tatse buds there so a variety will be great.  I will definitely vote for baked beans and can do those in the big pot. I say for desserts you two go wild and experiment.

To everyone else reading this I will have an edited OP by Sept 1st with a list of what you all should expect to be provided for you and what you will have to bring yourselves.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I confused the dates with a family thing I have going on the following weekend.  

Unscratch my name.
View Quote

Welcome back.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top